SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Vantasstic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,228 Posts
DragonLink V2 Functions

With release of the V2 Tx firmware was changes in how the LEDs show the different modes. It all became confusing. Here's some info I shamelessly stole of the DL thread so I could find it easier. Hope this helps more than just me.

Binding: Hold bind button until LED turns Orange. Once orange release button and LED will flash orange indicating bind mode.

Calibration: hold bind button until the LED is red. Once it turns red release and the LED should flash between red and green indicating calibration mode. Onto the RX Make sure you place a jumper between pins 5-6. Power the RX and you should see 3 lights come on in the rx. (Red, blue and green). Leave both units on for 15-20 min. After the elapsed time your rx and tx should be calibrated.

Unit ID: Hold bind button until LED turns off. Once off the unit ID has been changed. You will have to rebind the rx after doing this.

Micro Power/Range Check: No more dummy loads. Hold bind button down and turn on TX. Hold bind button for 5 seconds and release. The LED should slowly flash green. This indicates micropower mode. Do not fly in this mode.

On the upgraded Version 1 systems the new LED sequence is:
Hold down the button on power up, the DL LED with quickly flash red then:
3 - 8 Seconds: LED solid red, release button, RED Flashing LED: Micro Power Mode (range check...no dummy load required on the Rx.)
8 - 13 Seconds: LED solid green, release button, GREEN Flashing LED: Binding Mode
13 - 18 Seconds: LED solid red, release button, Alternating GREEN and RED LED: Calibration Mode
18 + Seconds: LED Goes OFF - UNIT ID Changed.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Mar 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:20 AM
PP/IR
United States, CO
Joined Jun 2012
121 Posts
Native actually, also raised just outside of Denver. Didn't know we had accents? :P
aviatorgeek is offline Find More Posts by aviatorgeek
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:45 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatorgeek View Post
Native actually, also raised just outside of Denver. Didn't know we had accents? :P
Well it sure sounded like an Aussie type accent to me...and 'we' don't have accents. Now those southerns...THEY have accents!!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
732 Posts
umm need to work out how to enable more channels on the er9x, i only have 4 chanels working. i knew how to do it with the stock firmware but its all changed on er9x. also how to enable the 3way switch to use as a chanel ? need it for my fy31ap... any pointers ?
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
PP/IR
United States, CO
Joined Jun 2012
121 Posts
I do keep things interesting, like to experiment with accents with my jibber jabber so perhaps a tad of that is makin its way in, eh?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
732 Posts
ok i sussed enabling the chanels on the er9x firmware. I would like to use the 3 way switch but all it does is act like a 2 way switch with only 2 movements. any ideas?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:51 PM
PP/IR
United States, CO
Joined Jun 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
umm need to work out how to enable more channels on the er9x, i only have 4 chanels working. i knew how to do it with the stock firmware but its all changed on er9x. also how to enable the 3way switch to use as a chanel ? need it for my fy31ap... any pointers ?
Go into mixes, choose a channel and create 3 new mixes for that channel. Setup the source as MAX and switch as ID0, ID1, ID2. (the 3 pos switch)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:12 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatorgeek View Post
Go into mixes, choose a channel and create 3 new mixes for that channel. Setup the source as MAX and switch as ID0, ID1, ID2. (the 3 pos switch)
That's how I did mine too. It's a little odd as you have to have the first 'master' mix, then two sub-mixes...each with different end points to get it to activate what you're trying to control properly. There's some ER9X video tutorials (linked on the first post I think). Good information there.

Also...for GP Info...make sure you rebind your DL after you change the number of transmitted channels. The DL won't send the additional channels unless you rebind. Took me a while to figure that one out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
732 Posts
sweet, thanks for the info
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Van I "PM" you
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
I installed the Smarties board and also the backlighting kit, which was easy. Now I'm confused with the download and driver software and etc. For some reason there seems to be few different downloads. Can someone help me with the computer side of things.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
False alarm, all figured out. It's real easy....
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:20 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,228 Posts
Good to hear you got it worked out. I was going to try and find the ER9X video tutorials to see if that helped you out. Sounds like you're good to go...have fun.

edit: Here's the link for some tutorials anyway...good information on programming/mixing/etc: http://code.google.com/p/er9x/wiki/O...ed=OtherGuides
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Nov 06, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:48 AM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Good to hear you got it worked out. I was going to try and find the ER9X video tutorials to see if that helped you out. Sounds like you're good to go...have fun.

edit: Here's the link for some tutorials anyway...good information on programming/mixing/etc: http://code.google.com/p/er9x/wiki/O...ed=OtherGuides
Thanks Van, it was pretty straight forward. Thanks for the reply.

Enrico
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
I would like to set one of these up for my Penguin with pan servo for camera, Guardian stabilization (3 way switch) and Dragon Link. The DL connection seems straight forward enough, but with DL connected can you still plug in a head tracking cable from a pair of FatShark goggles with the head tracker module in them (to move the pan servo) and have that be on the outgoing PPM stream to the DL Tx?
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus