HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by edge_pilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:56 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,033 Posts
Trader Rating: 169
Sold
Super AVA-E Pro? RTF minus TX

Here is my one and only sailplane that is now for sale. Had some fun with it but it's time to move only. I bought it from my brother who only flew it a handful of time and I have had it since last August and have flown it 30 times max. I added the current electric setup in it and my RX, ESC, and real time telemetry. I wired it for one plug wing hookup, 1 positive + 1 negative and 2 signal wires to the tail servos to cut down on weight. The sailplane is in very nice to great condition. Only thing holding it back from excellent is a couple of pieces of clear tape on the wing due to high grass (weeds) poking holes, maybe 2 or 3 spots. Original builder also added black stripes on the underside of the outer panel so he could see it better in the air. When I received it I put a fast coat of white paint on the front fuse piece, where I tape the canopy on for safety it has pulled some paint off. With a very little bit of TLC this sailplane could be immaculant again. Never crashed or broken anything.

I put a question mark behind the "PRO" in the title because the original sticker on the wing says PRO, but the website does not. Not sure why this is.

This is 2.4 friendly fuselage, if you keep the Hitec Aurora receiver setup I have realtime altitude and variometer on board right through the Hitec Telemetry.

Heres what you get:

147" Super AVA-E saiplane
Hyperion GS3032 brushless motor 660KV
Dualsky 80amp ESC
Hyperion 2600mah 3S 35C LiPo battery (balances perfect)
Hitec HS125MG servos for the tail (2 in the tail)
Hitec HS82MG servos on the spoilers (1 each spoiler)
Aurora 2.4 9 channel RX with Electric Telemetry module (blue)
Winged Shadow real time altimeter
Winged Shadow variometer
16 x 10 carbon fiber folding prop with vented spinner

Website for specs: http://www.kennedycomposites.com/avae.htm

I don't have to tell you how well this sailplane flys, there reputation does that for them. Its rare to see one on here for sale and when you do its gone in a hurry, so don't let this slip away if you want it.

$1000 plus shipping to anywhere in the conUS. I would prefer local sale but I know how that goes, so I will take it to a UPS store and have them ship it so it is insured. Buyer pays for shipping. Paypal is prefered, but at my discretion I will accept money orders.
edge_pilot is offline Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:20 PM
doo
United States, WA, Raymond
Joined Dec 2002
76 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
I have been looking for one of these!
Wonder how bad the shipping would be.

PM sent.
doo is online now Find More Posts by doo
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:30 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,033 Posts
saiplane still for sale!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:11 AM
Klutzsquatch
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Oct 2006
396 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
sent you a pm

Sent you a PM...
mgroves is online now Find More Posts by mgroves
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:15 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,033 Posts
sold to gary1201
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread