HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:35 PM
United States, CA, Salton City
Joined Mar 2006
32 Posts
Discussion
Slope Soaring, North Baja MX

Hello , I have been spending summers in the Baja area form the begening if july til mid october, I have been flying the small cliff just south of the T.J. malarcon with light air ships like the passer and even some old bent wing thermal res types.
We have recently started to venture to the south to punta banda , south of encenada and one trip to the large pimple just east of the baja studios.
I was wondering if any other slope heads are out there and want to invite us to their fav spot or. join me at the playas.
Let me know about your latest adventure in Baja, I know its more the strip bars and chika's, oh ya and surfing.
We have also had the pleasure of meeting the guys from model mismo de tj , they fly power gas , glow , electric at a great field just north of rosarito near the new convention center.
A Great group of guys, and vary out going , inviting us to join them any day , including on saturday afternoon when the gang is all there.
Anyway there is a lot of great flying all up and down the baja, lets fly !!!!
tchant is offline Find More Posts by tchant
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:04 PM
Riding the crest of a high and
Joined Jan 2003
6,806 Posts
Model Builder did a great issue in about 1992 or so about cliff soaring in Baja. Looked great. They traveled down Hwy 1 and flew at lots of secluded spots.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by slopemeno; Jun 25, 2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: got it wrong
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
United States, CA, Salton City
Joined Mar 2006
32 Posts
thanks , will check it out, did see a slope soaring magizine archieve that showed the pt banda location and the K-55 slope , hope we see some gringo on the beach , Just Fly IY!!!
tchant is offline Find More Posts by tchant
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:54 PM
San Diego
Joined Mar 2003
2,258 Posts
I worked for a few years at a plant just north of Rosarito and I flew slope near the la joya exit on the toll road. The flying was intense: 30 mph wind, 250' vertical cliff to the ocean (no recovery possibility) and a 30' wide landing zone.... If you get blown back you end up in the toll road!

Very memorable!
Ward Hagaman is offline Find More Posts by Ward Hagaman
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:30 PM
Riding the crest of a high and
Joined Jan 2003
6,806 Posts
You might also want to check "Slople"
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:37 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
19,923 Posts
Tons of onshore wind in Northern Baja, available nearly every day from about 9-10am till dark!

I wish I had a Le Fish back when I was going down there all the time to surf, it would've given me something fun to do besides drink ballenas and read books waiting for the wind to die

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Buzz Evo RTF acro glider review