HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
DareDevil
Rockford
Joined Sep 2010
1 Posts
Discussion
Be very careful when ordering form Hobby King!

Hi Everybody,

I ordered a back-order item from Hobby King and then cancel it because I didn't want to wait forever. To my surprise I discovered they had included a gift item into my order without me knowing about it. The item was a goofy sticker which I never requested and that I wasn't able to cancel because they had it in stock... It seems the catch is: if you ever cancel the back-order item, the other goofy item goes out the door immediately so they keep the money of the whole order shipment in their pockets... How about that guys?

Apparently, if you don't want to get hit by this little trick of the goofy item, you have to cancel the whole order...

One more lesson to learn about buying from the far-east...

Be careful when buying HK!
lleston2 is offline Find More Posts by lleston2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:55 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,306 Posts
wow, thanks for the heads up. Just so I understand here, you paid your money, attempted to cancel the order and now they wont "allow" you because of the free sticker?

Seems like there should be a quick easy way to fix this, dont you think? Is there a number to call or an email address that someone could help you?

Good luck.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Last edited by Carnifax; Jun 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:57 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleston2 View Post
Hi Everybody,

I ordered a back-order item from Hobby King and then cancel it because I didn't want to wait forever. To my surprise I discovered they had included a gift item into my order without me knowing about it. The item was a goofy sticker which I never requested and that I wasn't able to cancel because they had it in stock... It seems the catch is: if you ever cancel the back-order item, the other goofy item goes out the door immediately so they keep the money of the whole order shipment in their pockets... How about that guys?

Apparently, if you don't want to get hit by this little trick of the goofy item, you have to cancel the whole order...

One more lesson to learn about buying from the far-east...

Be careful when buying HK!
Have you contacted them? Did you pay with paypal or credit card?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:58 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Legally they cant , a free item is a free item and not included in any "paid" for transaction.

If you paid by Paypal contact them immediately
If you paid by CC contact them immediately

Ive had this same sort of problem with these jokers before , they lost.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief