HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:18 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,403 Posts
Discussion
What do you use as a flight stand? I'm a heli flyer and plane flyer.

Looking for flight stand for my heli. Let me know what's in the market. Thanks.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:25 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,544 Posts
http://www.precision-aero.com/index.html
You'll need to put a finish on it as there is none. Kinda spendy but mine sure works well.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Transmissions for planes
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckert View Post
http://www.precision-aero.com/index.html
You'll need to put a finish on it as there is none. Kinda spendy but mine sure works well.

Dan
I will be getting one but don't know when. I need to get the flybarless system first and head.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:32 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,055 Posts
I have three stands, one for smaller .40 sized models, one for my 2m F3a aircraft, and another wider one for my 2m (18" wide) cap 10.

They're simply cut out of ply, clamped together and have 2-3 holesaws cut into them to accept a 24" long dowel (I use 1" dowel). It's a tight fit, but I can knock them apart and flat pack them

Where they touch the airplane they're lined with pipe lagging sliced longitudinally and cemented onto the ply. so they don't scratch the aircraft.

The wide one also makes a nice stand for working on small wings too!
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:21 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,938 Posts
I use a DIY colapsable work bench. Works great for all my models. I've added now a small plastic container, screwed into the top, for bolts etc, and two small hooks on the underside, to hang my Tx.
Best $10 ever spend on RC stuff!
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,423 Posts
When i was "on my own" before joining a club I have used a stand that opens up and placed a wood top on it with ply rails extending top and bottom around the perimieter. Bottom o keep it from sliding around and . top to keep things on it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/200-lb-...and-38778.html
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin