SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by eolson, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:51 PM
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
758 Posts
Discussion
Thingd I have found to be true....

This is a little list of things I have found to be true about flying coaxial helicopters. I have no experience with any other copter. To add to that, and to even narrow my knowledge base, I have only owned one helicopter and it's the one I currently "pilot", which is a Blade CX2. On top of all that I have only been flying for a couple of months now. So, take this all with a grain of salt, but I think most everyone just starting out will agree with most of the following statements, as may some of the veterans.

1. Patience equals more than virtue, it also equals savings. Savings from parts that need repairing/replacing because you weren't patient.
2. The wind is your enemy.
3. Learn to hover.
4. Get bored. When first learning to fly, if you aren't bored with doing the same thing over and over again, you aren't learning. Getting bored means you aren't crashing. It means that your stick movements are becoming second nature and being burned into your "muscle memory". That is a good thing.
eolson is online now Find More Posts by eolson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:40 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,402 Posts
Wise words those.....
wizard of odd is online now Find More Posts by wizard of odd