HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BladeScraper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:25 PM
Gaui X3, RTF Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,528 Posts
Discussion
My lizard's crickets' cage

Before and after
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Last edited by BladeScraper; Jun 24, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 03:22 PM
Gloucester, MA
Joined Dec 2005
154 Posts
Just curious - what did you do to clean things up? We don't have a lizard right now, but have in the past and will in the future. Also, I would be VERY interested in how you kept the crickets alive as long as possible!

-greg
ragtimer is offline Find More Posts by ragtimer
Old Jun 29, 2012, 03:57 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
675 Posts
What kind of lizard do you have? I keep a female leopard gekko myself. I only give her crickets occasionally as a change of pace, she usually eats gut-loaded mealworms with the occasional waxworm treat.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
Gaui X3, RTF Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,528 Posts
Ragtimer,

all I did was took everything out, got new stuff and set it aside, took the tub outside, filled it with water and dumped it. Completely clean after that. Dry with paper towels.. To keep them alive, you need to do these:

1. scrawl space "elbow room"
you must supply the most about of crawl space you can for the crickets to crawl on because, although many people don't know, if they don't have anything to crawl on, they will crawl on each other and suffocate. Ask me how I know that
2. Food.
all living things eat, right? Right. You must supply them with CLEAN and FRESH VEGGIES (fruits tend to rot faster.) in a bowl with a little water (to keep the veggies from drying out.). Even still, you must change food often.

Another thing to feed them is good ole' fashion oat meal (not flavored) and that works great.

Another great thing (a must have when using oat meal) is water pillows from pet stores. These work great to keep crickets hydrated.

Kad,

I too have a female "jungle" morph leopard gecko (http://www.geckosetc.com/htm/morphs.htm)

I usually give her crickets (no gut load, only fruits) because I seem to be ALLERGIC to mealworms! Superworms are fine, though... Weird.

I don't generally use waxworms, my Leo is already really fat

anyway guys, thanks for posting!
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper