HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Sold
TX LPU: Custom 50" F-4U Corsair, one of a kind PNP

This is one of the nicest pieces I've put together - It is an F-4U Corsair, based on a limited production run model sent to me from overseas. I've put a lot of work into this piece to make it one of a kind - Not available anywhere else but right here!

Features include:

-Brushless outrunner power, 4-bladed HUGE prop
-High Quality 45A ESC with BEC
-Pro-grade multiplex wiring harness in the wing for an easy single connection, wing screws on/off
-Sliding canopy
-Full metal electric retractable landing gear including retracting tailwheel with steering (Hard to find that!)
-Crash resistant EPO foam construction, water-slide decals
-Custom 3" HUGE main wheels with alloy hubs
-Custom paintwork on landing gear, wheel wells, doors, exhaust pipes, engine, rockets and much more!
-3 Custom antennas
-6 Handcrafted metal machine guns and 1 pitot tube
-Rockets and drop tanks
-Inboard flaps
-Protective coat of Water-Based Polycrylic for showroom shine
-Controls are: Rudder, Elevator, Aileron, Flaps, Retracts, Throttle

Buyer will need a 4-cell battery and a radio set (4-6 channels) to fly. Plane has no accidents and is in excellent condition overall.

You'll never find another Corsair quite like this one, I can assure you of that! 50" wingspan is just right - Not too big, not too small.

$160, no trades please. LOCAL PICKUP ONLY, SAN ANTONIO TEXAS.

Thanks for looking and good luck!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Proud father of two.
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jan 2003
221 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Id seriously consider it if I lived in San Antonio. Great looking plane.
Mad4Mustangs is offline Find More Posts by Mad4Mustangs
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:49 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Thanks, I think it looks pretty good myself! The pictures really don't do it justice at all - The plane looks better than any other model Corsair I've seen in person.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:59 PM
United States, PA, Gettysburg
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Trader Rating: 112
Is that the Unique Models Corsair?
jeb6684 is online now Find More Posts by jeb6684
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:07 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
469 Posts
Trader Rating: 76
Hmmm. my son lives in San Antonio, maybe?? Have to give him a call.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
It seems that every time I plan to drive through San Antonio, you don't have any recently listed planes. Then some really nice ones pop up when I have no plans on driving through.

I always take the 1604 loop and pass that RC field on the pond. It looks like a really neat place to fly, but I imagine that the mosquitos can get pretty bad.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Jul 2008
469 Posts
' Corsair

PM sent
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:31 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
It seems that every time I plan to drive through San Antonio, you don't have any recently listed planes. Then some really nice ones pop up when I have no plans on driving through.

I always take the 1604 loop and pass that RC field on the pond. It looks like a really neat place to fly, but I imagine that the mosquitos can get pretty bad.
Haha, sorry - I've been out of town on a long TDY and only recently returned. Maybe we'll get together on a good deal someday.

The pond does look like an interesting spot, but all of my planes get the smooth pavement treatment for T/O and LDG, so that field doesn't fit the bill. If I ever got a seaplane though, it would be perfect!

All PM's replied to - Corsair is still available as of now.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, TN, Oneida
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Man that thing is BEAUTIFUL. God I'd wish you'd ship, I would buy her.
slopoke13 is offline Find More Posts by slopoke13
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined Jul 2008
469 Posts
PM sent
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:38 PM
USA, NJ, Red Bank
Joined Sep 2010
220 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
Corsair.....

Hey Walt......I just overnighted in San Antonio at the Sheraton by the airport.....I'll have to stop by with coffee and check out your hangar as I'll be flying in and out of there quite a bit with AA......Steve
eggsplurt is offline Find More Posts by eggsplurt
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:09 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Yeah swing by anytime you're looking to buy - There's usually something nice to be had on the chopping block!

I've got 4 killer planes up for sale right now and they're all priced to move.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:33 AM
Joined Jun 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0

After the trivial process of assembling the aircraft I flew it a couple of times noting that I wanted a more aggressive prop and a 2200 ma battery. I've ordered a 10x8 for it but back to the story. I was flying reconnoissance off the edge of the neighborhood in a construction zone that had built paved roads for a new neighborhood, but the housing crisis kept the houses from showing up leaving me with my choice of perfect runways. It was a perfect day with gusts to 10mph, and I was showing out for my girlfriend when I found the paved deck with the corsair.
Due to pilot error I dropped the aircraft while doing barrel roles at slow speed and it hit the paved tarmac at 30 degrees down angle and the aircraft quickly came apart as my girlfriend cried 'what happened.' In slow motion I watched as the main-wing came off flipping through the air and both landing gear wheels came off the wing and went into the grass off the side of the pavement. The fuselage jumped up off the pavement and sailed like a football into the grass at which point I realized my corsair had just died an agonized death. But get this....
The recovery team was sent out to collect up the remains of the aircraft and I discovered that the main-wing was fine, and the fuselage was also fine. The tail was perfect. All said and done I'd lost the cowling, the prop, skinned up the spinner, the plastic thing that holds the right landing gear was bent, and that my friends was it! All of the aircraft's main structures were intact and I spent 20 bucks on replacement parts and she's back. The motor mount and motor are amazing.
The scratches on the spinner said this baby touched down its nose and cowling on pavement and survived. This is unheard of. Great aircraft but definitely beef up the main-wing mount with a little balsa and some CA. And get a 10x8 prop. I think I"m going to turn up the dual rates on the ailerons as well. This is probably the greatest low-wing trainer of all time out of the box. Now I have a Yak 54 to impress my girlfriend with but the corsair is the most survivable aircraft I've ever seen in 25 years of flying. It holds that special place in my arsenal and I love how it flies.
kevinyoukilis264 is offline Find More Posts by kevinyoukilis264
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
USA, IN, Seymour
Joined Oct 2009
235 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Corsair

what ELSE is available, maybe we'll vacation to your area
corsair167 is offline Find More Posts by corsair167
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:21 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,582 Posts
Trader Rating: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair167 View Post
what ELSE is available, maybe we'll vacation to your area
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...ser_%20Roswalt

Sure would like to have that BlackBird

If you swing through Waco or Hou. lemme know.
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Closed Thread