Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:09 AM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleez View Post
thanks

so, a 3 x 3 would be a worthy improvement?

i found some for .75 ea.
Check my post above #53. The prop discussion is my best answer.
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:27 AM
Willits CA
Joined Mar 2006
6 Posts
thanks,

read that, i was just wondering if a 3 x 3 would be a worthy upgrade.

rather than cutting down a prop, losing some efficiency.

at least a 3 x 3 wouldn't need to be modified or rebalanced as drastically.
sleez is offline Find More Posts by sleez
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:31 AM
Faster is Better
Joined Jul 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleez View Post
thanks,
read that, i was just wondering if a 3 x 3 would be a worthy upgrade.
I dunno. Give it a shot, and let us know how it goes.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:19 PM
Willits CA
Joined Mar 2006
6 Posts
ok, i might do that.

thanks
sleez is offline Find More Posts by sleez
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
113 Posts
I have a easy trainer 800 and it flies perfect because I made the senter of gravity heavier
And is a good plane to learn aecrobatics and very fun to fly.
My dead bot it in bananahobby.com and he bot a lipo safety bag
And 2 spare batteries.
Rczorro is offline Find More Posts by Rczorro
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:36 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Sorry to hear your bad experience with this model, but unfortunately, despite the way this model is named and marketed, it is NOT a trainer, it is too small and responsive, if you want to learn how to fly 4 channels, recommend you try one of the larger EZ style models, approx. 51"-54" wingspan. I have this model on order, but I have several 4 ch models of this size, and I can assure, they are suitable for experienced pilots only, I've been flying every manner of RC aircraft for nearly 40 years now, and these "mini" full function models are not for beginners. I would suggest you try the larger Easy Trainer 1280, or the excellent Bixler, or AXN Clouds Fly or other similarly sized full function model.
Hellow guys.. Mt girlfriends sister purchased that plane for her son. They couldent get it to fly so they brought it to me. I had the same problem so i added weight to the out side in the front of the nose with gorilla glue. 18 grams of lead to the nose with gorilla glue worked great for me. It moved the center of gravity one and a quarter back from the leading edge.. This is not a traner for a beginner.. It is way too responsive.. This is a poor gift for a beginner because theres not even a plug for a trainer cord. A newbie would probably crash... Also the wind plays an overwelming factor on this plane. Thumbs down for a first plane. This will end up with a bad experience and possably a future flyer..
anthonyz3man is offline Find More Posts by anthonyz3man
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experience... I don't know what could happen, maybe the airplanes are not equaly manufactured...

My EZ 800 arrived yesterday... I assembled and tested today and went to the park. I've added a quarter coin to the front as said in this thread.

The day was quite windy, about 15km/h. I used that wind for a better take off. WOW! the plane flies like a charm! Controls are well responsive, the motor seems quite underpowered; it cannot handle a 2 second vertical climb. I think I'll modify the blades, also as said in this thread. But anyway, the power is enough to handle some wind, light climbing and nice aerobatics.
The gliding capability is awesome, the stall speed is very low and recovers very well... This allows a very easy landing.
I did 5 flights with about 10 minutes each (I only have 1 lipo)... Its really fun!

I have to tell you that it's my first plane to went airborne on its very first attempt.

My first plane was a Spirit Glider 800, but its much more difficult to fly (I damaged it several times). I'm gonna to store the Spirit and use the EZ800 to fly until my skills are good enough.
dariobrit is offline Find More Posts by dariobrit
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:41 PM
Faster is Better
Joined Jul 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariobrit View Post
...snip...
My first plane was a Spirit Glider 800, but its much more difficult to fly (I damaged it several times). I'm gonna to store the Spirit and use the EZ800 to fly until my skills are good enough.
Ha! I started with the ET800... and moved up to the Spirit... backwards from your experience.

The ET800 is definitely more "tame" -- especially with its stock prop. As mentioned above, I think I learned a lot about energy management on this plane. In order to do loops and rolls and such... you need to build up the flight speed to pull them off properly... and that requires some discipline. In this sense, this plane is a great trainer.

Conversely, the Spirit is relatively fast and agile... a super "next step" after mastering the ET800. But, yeah, the Spirit would be a tough "first plane" for most beginners. It's snappy enough to get out-of-hand in a blink if you aren't ready for it.
Last edited by OldeMan; Jan 07, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:05 AM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Well... I've started my FPV proyect with the ET800...
By now, I'm using a 5.8ghz 200mw video transmitter with a 520tvl camera. This is the first basic config...I'll be upgrading as I need more power. My first objective is 1km flight range.
Still have stock battery, motor and propeller...

I did my first test last weekend...check the video below. I was flying in 3rd person as I was testing the video range.

Later I'll attach some pics of the plane so far...

Semi-FPV test 1 (9 min 14 sec)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:51 PM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Here're some pics of what I have so far... The tx mainboard has to be outside the plane to ease the cooling as it get really hot when running...

Old Apr 27, 2013, 05:00 AM
Joined Apr 2013
1 Posts
Fms 800 prop is on the wrong way, I had the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad skyraider View Post
I saw this plane and figured that it would be a good start for a 4 channel trainer. Currently very happy flying the HZ Champ. I'm not trying to bad mouth Banana Hobby or FMS but I have issues with this plane. Banana Hobby got the plane delivered really fast so I was happy with the service so far.

1. The instructions only showed how to assemble the plane. Nothing for setting up the linkages or electronics.
2. The CG on the manual is different than what is on the website (~ 15 mm more forward on manual).
3. On my first attempt to fly I used the website CG because it required no weights to be added. Hand launched several times resulting in immediate crashes.
4. Moved the CG to the instruction with 11 US pennies. Tested again and the plane nosed to the ground instantly. WAY too nose heavy now.

The plane just seems too heavy and the prop is really small (3X2).

Anybody have success with this plane so far? If so, did you modify anything or is it just me?
I had the same problem, the prop is on the wrong way..
Kingade is offline Find More Posts by Kingade
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
113 Posts
Nice fpv I have a easy trainner 800 and I want to put fpv what set is that

Tanks
Rczorro is offline Find More Posts by Rczorro
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:53 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,117 Posts
Hello gentlemen, I'm glad I found this thread. I am considering getting one of these as a fun little plane to keep in the back of the car. Is there anything I should know? How is your success?

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:06 PM
Faster is Better
Joined Jul 2012
462 Posts
It depends, I guess, on your experience level.

If you need a small trainer that flies nicely, floats to landings, and is robust enough to take a beating. This is an great little plane. The stock setup is good for a trainer... but as you gain experience with it, you'll want a little more power. Buy a pack of GWS 5043 props and trim them down to 3" diameter. The resulting 3x4.3 prop gives this plane extra oomph without over-stressing the stock motor/ESC (don't forget to get the right prop adapter also).

If you are already a reasonably good pilot, and would rather have something faster and more agile, I moved on to HK's "Spirit Mini Sport Glider"... also an 800mm foam plane... and I *highly* recommend it as a toss-in-the-trunk fun fly. Not a beginner plane, but awesome fun when you are ready for it.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:16 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,117 Posts
Thanks (not so) OldeMan !

As my GF will also fly it, I think the ET sounds ideal.

Red Flyer

P.s. i think I will order a spare motor and a couple of those props you suggested too. And a handful of batteries.
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer