HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Question
ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz setup suggestions needed

Hi,

After the crash of my Gaui 500x with gu-ins, gu-osd and fpv with the Racewood 1,2Ghz system i lost everything.

I decided to move to Immersionrc with the v2 5.8Ghz transmitter and the Diversity from Immersionrc also.

I choose for the moment to equip both transmitter and receiver with Pinwheel antennas.

On the first manual test i have done I am very impress by the stability, quality, range by the whole system.

I have 2 questions to complete the setup on my brand new Gaui 500x :

- could someone advise regarding the position of the Pinwheel antenna on the Drone ? I would like to put it vertical but with the head on the bottom ! Any feedback ? The reason is to improve the range and quality in any situation during a flight.

- where could I find connector for the small one (5 pins also) on the opposite side regarding the large black connector ? I would like to use this one because the Gaui gu-osd use the same with a 6 pins version, same for the camera (3 pins version) I would build then a core fpv cable with small connectors for all.
Links url below described my old core fpv cable I built for the Racewood where I was already small connectors and add a sort of extension and adaptor cable for each device (camera, osd, etc...) I didn't need to change all cables each time :
http://drone.airboum.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IMG_0660.jpg

Thanks in advance

Regards

Nicolas
nscheffer is offline Find More Posts by nscheffer
to remove ads between posts