HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:06 AM
Joined May 2006
367 Posts
Question
Hitec servo programming, center and end points

I am trying to program center pos of a Hitec HS-5056 using the HPP-21 programmer.

When in program mode (step 3 EPA):
- What is the meaning of the big blue numbers that vary as I drag the slider left or right?
- What are the default values?

I want to program the servos so that the arms are exactly perpendicular with sticks in neutral and no sub trim. This is for a 3GX FBL system. I also want to make sure all three servos have the same amount of travel.
tb47 is offline Find More Posts by tb47
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb47 View Post
I am trying to program center pos of a Hitec HS-5056 using the HPP-21 programmer.
When in program mode (step 3 EPA):
- What is the meaning of the big blue numbers that vary as I drag the slider left or right?
- What are the default values?
I want to program the servos so that the arms are exactly perpendicular with sticks in neutral and no sub trim.
This is for a 3GX FBL system. I also want to make sure all three servos have the same amount of travel.
As this forum does not provide for copy/paste including url, previous discussions,
which may assist are listed under sub section
"Servo - Digital & Brushless Servo, Programmers and Software":
within Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F) may assist e.g under "Hitec" includes:
Hitec - Digital Servo - Resolution & Driving Frequency - Frame Rates,. [/url]
Hitec - Digital Servo - Matching Elevator Halves
Hitec - Digital Servo Programming Fixture - review
Hitec - Digital Servo Programming Instruction 7XXX 50XX Manual.pdf
Hitec - HFP-20 - Servo Tester_Programmer inc Transmitter Pulse Width Tester.
Hitec - HFP-20, HPP-21, HPP-21+, HMI = Servo Tester_Programmers for Hitec G2, digital and other servos.
Hitec - HFP-25 - Servo Tester_Programmer inc Transmitter Pulse Width Tester.
Hitec - HMI Digital Programmer for HSR "Robotic" Servos-_Manual_PDF
Hitec - HPP-21 & HPP-22 Programmers - Download Station - How to Install & Use

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
As this forum does not provide for copy/paste including url, previous discussions, ...

Alan T.
Really? I copy/paste often.

I copy/paste this from your site:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's website
Quick Search :::: - Allow page to finish opening, depress "Ctrl" + "F" keys to activate search engine. Enter a key word or a "section header", click "find next" to jump up or down page. (e.g. Richard Pearse ... "Flying Before The Wright Brothers." - use "Ctrl" + "F" keys, enter "Pearse" to navigate sub sections down page.. )
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Jun 24, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:59 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,193 Posts
Great site with lots of info.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Jun 24, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Really? Is that why all of your answers are always directing members to go to your website.
"As this forum does not provide for copy/paste including url, previous discussions"
is correct in that unlike majority of other forums, one cannot simply copy and paste a quoted reference including URL in one action.
With regard to directing readers to Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links, in most instance title including hyperlink is provided with advice that more information is available on that FAQ page. Did not in this instance, given the time required due to the number of references, because of the high number of PM and direct email awaiting answers this a.m. Methodology considered preferable to re-publishing (duplicating) exiting information and at same time ensures the original writers receive acknowledgement - unlike many repeaters who copy information from my page and claim credit for themselves. The quoted webpage is simply a reference library of frequently sought information on this and other international forums, devoid of any advertisement or other gimmicks, it is provided as a service to other modellers at own time and expense.

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.