HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:28 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Sold
TX LPU: MASSIVE 1700mm FMS P-47 Thunderbolt, PNP $190

TX LPU: MASSIVE 70" P-47 Thunderbolt, PNP
This is a 1700mm (appx 70") wingspan P-47 Thunderbolt by FMS. Very large and heavy duty - Will handle even stiff winds with relative ease. Features include but are not limited to:

-Full-featured scale cockpit with pilot
-Twin nav lights on the wingtips
-Molded guns, antennas, and detachable bombs
-Full metal landing gear with big off-road tires and working suspension
-Functional gear doors with sequencer
-Ailerons, Elevator, Rudder, Flaps
-Wings secured with 4 large screws and 2 main spars
-Professional-grade wiring harnesses in each wing: 1 simple connection from each wing takes care of all the wires!
-6 25g metal gear servos
-85A ESC with 5A SBEC, 6A UBEC
-Massive brushless outrunner motor (6-cell lithium powered)
-Dense EPO and plastic construction, disassembles almost completely with screws

The plane has absolutely tremendous power - It literally dragged me across the floor during testing! Those of you who have dealt with me in the past know that I have built and flown dozens of RC warbirds and EDF jets - This is the largest and most intimidating one I've ever owned! It is enormous and pretty much takes up the entire guest room. It is brand new and has never been flown - I bought it several weeks ago, but other projects have priority right now and to be honest the plane is too large for my taste.

A couple of things to note - Although it is brand new, it does have a few imperfections. The plane arrived with non-functional electric retracts (Pretty common on this line, unfortunately) and a burned out tail wheel steering servo. I've removed the 25g tail wheel servo and the aircraft is still directionally controllable with the rudder. Likewise, the landing gear are completely down and locked, so it can be flown gear-down without issue. If the plane doesn't sell I will make plans to replace everything, but it will be offered at a higher price. If you've got the extra parts or don't care about what is missing, this is an incredible opportunity to buy low! I'm pretty busy with a new assignment at work and I'd rather just sell it at a loss here quickly to clear out the space.

Requires a radio set (any 4 to 6 channel) and a 6-cell battery to fly. All connections are made and plane is ready to go with those items. Plug and play!

Also includes extra prop blade, more decals, and some spare parts. I've got the box too if you want it - Could double as a mansion for a homeless guy. Take a look at the photo - Those other planes are not small! The plane is that massive.

$190, for local pickup only in San Antonio, Texas.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask any questions about the plane.

UPDATE:

I took this plane up to test everything last night and I'm pleased to report that it flew flawlessly; even better than expected - I can guarantee that the buyer will be getting an outstanding, airworthy steal. Nearly vertical takeoff power, crisp aileron rolls, and the softest landings imaginable thanks to the suspension gear legs.
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:45 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined May 2012
72 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Very nice! who did you order this plane from. I'd like to see if I can get one sent up here.
Thanks,
Gary.
garyzda1 is offline Find More Posts by garyzda1
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
United States, LA, Gray
Joined Jul 2011
214 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyzda1 View Post
Very nice! who did you order this plane from. I'd like to see if I can get one sent up here.
Thanks,
Gary.
I know bananahobby.com has them, not sure if any other sites do. Type RCGROUPS in the discount/coupon bar for 15% off I'm about to order one too!
DontTMACajun is offline Find More Posts by DontTMACajun
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:59 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2487

That's the preferred sales location for this plane - BH has some serious QC and Customer Service issues....But it does cost way less if you buy from them. They're a gamble in the truest sense of the word. I've bought from them dozens of times and most of the time I get a plane that works (Although I often have to fix little things like servo rods, missing hardware and such) and that's all I expect. However, you're going to need a lot of luck and patience if you receive something from them that has faulty components....

/End vendor discussion on this thread please. Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:38 AM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
Ros that looks like a bed in the background -- please tell me you're bedroom doesn't double as a hanger!
Kevinfred is offline Find More Posts by Kevinfred
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:33 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Not ours, but any potential guest must be trusted not to trample these things. That's where the sale comes in! Guest room reclamation.
Closed Thread