Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:37 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,278 Posts
Alert
Sixth Annual SKSS Scale Great American Aerotow - August 16-19, 2012

Don’t miss the 6th Annual Silent Knights Soaring Society (SKSS) Scale Sailplane Aerotow, the largest event of its kind on the east coast. The venue is a meticulously manicured 82 acre flying site that generates some of the best thermals you’ll ever have the pleasure of specing out in. Our field includes convenience amenities as well as an air conditioned clubhouse where you can duck in for a few minutes of “cool down” after a long thermal flight.

We welcome RC pilots of all abilities. For novices, we’ll have a bunch of Easy Glider Electric Sailplanes ready for you to take your first solo flight. For seasoned aerotow pilots we’ll have a great collection of tow planes to launch just about any scale sailplane you can bring to the flight line.

The aerotow is a 4-day event with great lunches available every day at our sensibly priced club house grill. And on Saturday night we offer a special crab feast and Texas BBQ featuring freshly prepared LG crabs you won’t want to miss.
OH and the Ribs And BBQ Chicken slow cooked goodness

And if all this great flying, food and camaraderie isn’t enough, we hold a Mega-Raffle on Saturday evening with a spectacular collection of prizes provided by our most generous hobby industry sponsors including AMR, Castle Creations, Desert Aircraft, Esprit Models, G-Force Hobbies, Graupner USA, Horizon Hobby Aerosente and Tower Hobbies. Last year’s lucky winners received kits, engines, radios and much more. And you don’t have to be at the drawing to be a winner!

Directions to the field and other details are noted on our website: www.skss.org. Pre-registration is not necessary but greatly appreciated. Here’s a link for your convenience: http://www.rcaerotowing.com/event-de...tion.php?id=60. Registration is $15 for one day or $40 for all four days. Registration includes Pilot Raffle

This is an AMA Sanctioned Event

Charlie
creeve is offline Find More Posts by creeve
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:06 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,254 Posts
As much as I hate to feed Charlie's ego, this is a wonderful weekend. I just go for the blue crab feast, but then I feel obligated to fly for four days.

If you have any interest in scale soaring this is a great venue to give it a first go, get back into practice, or dust off that old sailplane from years gone by. No pressure, all fun. A great group comes together here and is very supportive of helping to grow the hobby. Plus, it's a great central location for all of us on the eastern seaboard and the cost of gasoline is going down.

Make the trip!
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:33 PM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,816 Posts
I agree....fantastic site and fantastic people!
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:46 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,278 Posts
Your building up My Ego and I like it!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:44 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,032 Posts
OK, OK, you twisted my arm....I'm coming!

Steve
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:24 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,278 Posts
Some action from the S.K.S.S WoodWings

http://www.rcaerotowing.com/forum/sh...2442#post12442
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:23 PM
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,520 Posts
This past weekend was the Woodwings event at SKSS. The thermals were popping and the flights were plenty.
Those of us that made the trip had a great time and look forward to the August event. Those that were not able to make the event should try to get to the next one. Its a blast.
See ya next week Chuck.

LEN
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:29 PM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,816 Posts
If you follow the link to RCAT there is video posted of four flights that will give you an idea of what the site is like. Plenty of smooth grass to land on.....in fact I do not have the spoilers in my 6 meter K8B yet and didn't really need them with the amount of landing strip that is avalible. If your within a days drive this is a must go event!
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:05 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZD16 View Post
If you follow the link to RCAT there is video posted of four flights that will give you an idea of what the site is like. Plenty of smooth grass to land on.....in fact I do not have the spoilers in my 6 meter K8B yet and didn't really need them with the amount of landing strip that is avalible. If your within a days drive this is a must go event!
Two Days drive makes it worth it even more
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:06 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,278 Posts
Vendor Support so far

AMR
Aerosente
Castle Creations
Desert Aircraft
ESPRIT
Horrizon
Icare
G-FORCE Hobbies
Graupner
Soaring USA
Smart Fly

More to come

There will Be a pilot only raffle on all the good stuff
You will receive one free ticket for your registration at the field and two for all who pre registered

Book Your Hotel Tonight!

Charlie

Need a head count for the Saturday Night's BBQ / Crab Feast
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:42 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,278 Posts
Tower Hobbies / Hobbico and
NOBS Batteries have added there support

Thanks

Charlie
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:56 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,032 Posts
For Sale at the annual SKSS Aerotow: a NIB Woodwings 6 meter Condor kit from Aeroscente. This is an exquisite CNC cut kit with precision German hardware. This is a builder's kt, not an ARF, however the construction is very straightforward. The kit has never been opened.

Reason for sale: way too many projects and way too little storage space. I paid $1,495. You can steal it for $1,200 delivered to SKSS. And yes, I can ship it if you pay the freight.

TIA,

Steve
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:04 PM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
245 Posts
Hi Steve!! A personal thank you, for the sale of the Kirby to the gentleman,to whom you sold it to.He was thrilled and what a great price,you made his Bucket List.What a great model and the craftsmanshift is superb!!Plus the boy's in Germany are going to help him with the assembly.Gentlemen like you really make this a wonderful Hobby for all of us. Thank You again Steve.
dufek paul is offline Find More Posts by dufek paul
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:53 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,032 Posts
Hi Paul, great to hear from you. Happy to hear our friend is happy...isn't that what's life's all about. Also glad he is getting support from Germany as there are some tips they'll provide that should facilitate getting this beautiful bird in the air quickly.

Now when are we going to drag you kicking and screaming to the east coast to fly with us?! How about the Uber Aerotow at SKSS coming up in mid-August? You'll have my entire fleet at your disposal and a fabulous aerotow venue.

Regards,

Steve
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
245 Posts
Steve.Thank you for such a wonderful offer.That is very nice of you.Paul
dufek paul is offline Find More Posts by dufek paul