HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Oop's, I'm a bit more dopy today than usual

Sorry I thought you said that you had the CN-06 GPS working well with your CRIUS AIOP so couldn't understand why you'd want to get the Extend Board.
xBee's is one reason to get the Extend Board but if you want wireless telemetry there are better, cheaper alternatives to the xBee's & the Extend Board isn't necessary to use/attach them.

I have both the CN-06 & the Extend Board, the LEA-6H is a better GPS module than the NEO-M6 but I don't think there is a big difference in overall performance.

[EDIT]

RCTimer is in ShenZhen so the shipping time should be about the same, yes.

with the extend board you can change external antenna to have a better reception
i think only people who have two,can make a comparaison!!!
does extend board is already configure in the good baud rate?
it could be an easier solution for all beginner for example(own if the price is higher than other gps solution)
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
with the extend board you can change external antenna to have a better reception
i think only people who have two,can make a comparaison!!!
does extend board is already configure in the good baud rate?
it could be an easier solution for all beginner for example(own if the price is higher than other gps solution)
I guess you could put a bigger antenna on but again I don't think it would make that much difference to performance, remember the GPS module on the Extend Board has a max of 5Hz.
The Extend Boards default Baud rate is 9600bps
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Feb 2010
78 Posts
where can I see which real rate my CN-06 is working at ? In the firmware I configured it as 115200 bps. As you told here this does not work, so maybe the Megapirate is selecting another rate automatically, even if I configure 115200 bps ?
DanielCV is offline Find More Posts by DanielCV
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCV View Post
where can I see which real rate my CN-06 is working at ? In the firmware I configured it as 115200 bps. As you told here this does not work, so maybe the Megapirate is selecting another rate automatically, even if I configure 115200 bps ?
The Baud Rate for GPS in MegaPirate is 38400.

If the CN-06 GPS module is on default settings you can just select/define UBLOX in the sketch & then when you Power up the CRIUS AIOP the GPS will automatically be configured to the correct settings.

This has been stated many many times!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:36 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
I've got my build pretty much done physically and would like to get busy on tuning and calibrating but still have a few questions which perhaps you guys might be able to help me with. I'll start off with the most puzzling one:

First, I calibrated my T9x (following the Paris board instructions), I then calibrated my ESC's \ throttle range while disconnected from the FC (using a 4-way cable to align the calibation in one go). Once that was done I hooked everything up to the FC but now if I connect the lipo, no matter what the position of the throttle stick the ESC's will beep the number of lipo cells and then start a continuous beeping which will last for multiple minutes. After that they go silent one by one and once they've all gone silent, arming my quad is not a problem and throttle response seems fine.

The ESC 'documentation' says a few things are possible if they keep beeping, namely a.) there's a voltage issue or b.) the throttle position is not on zero or c.) the rx is not working properly. None of that seems likely as it appears to solve itself after a few minutes.

I'm using RCtimer 2200mAh 15C 3s lipo's. I thought the batteries might be the issue and thought perhaps it might help if I connected 2 lipos in parallel. But nothing changed (and I've no idea if that would actually do anything for the C value anyway?).

The ESC's are RCtimer 30A's and the motors are the RCtimer 30A\930KV type. To be clear, I haven't updated the firmware yet and so am still on mwii2.0.

Any idea's before I start putting on the props?
RHTizzy is online now Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:40 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCV View Post
Thanks for the hint, any experiencie how fast RCTime deliver ?

Also, as I am using the CN-06 GPS, do you recommend the AIOP Extend board instead ?
RC timer packages consistently taking about 10 days to reach New Zealand - thats paying the extra $2 US for registered air mail rather than the free freight option. They are not into answering email questions about product I have found but otherwise I am happy with them.
helidex is offline Find More Posts by helidex
Last edited by helidex; Aug 22, 2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spalling
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:45 PM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHTizzy View Post

The ESC's are RCtimer 30A's and the motors are the RCtimer 30A\930KV type. To be clear, I haven't updated the firmware yet and so am still on mwii2.0.

Any idea's before I start putting on the props?
I've got this same combo (although mine are SimonK flashed) and I had to lower the min. throttle setting in config.f. I think I dropped it from the default 1150 to 1050.
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:29 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodriven View Post
I've got this same combo (although mine are SimonK flashed) and I had to lower the min. throttle setting in config.f. I think I dropped it from the default 1150 to 1050.
I was hoping to get things working without too much adaptation okay, will do. On another forum somebody else also said upgrade to 2.1 and lower the min.throttle setting so that's what I'll do :-)

I've got the stuff ready to flash the esc's but am wondering if it's worth the effort, does it really improve things that much?
RHTizzy is online now Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:17 AM
FPV Flyer
Europe/Italy
Joined Jun 2007
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelightning View Post
https://vimeo.com/47677259
Here a video of Closed Loop Flight PLan mission at low altitude (30 m AGL) with the Maxi Swift flying wing piloted by the ArduPlaneNG v2x R5 and the AIOP done on August 16, 2012
Hi Jean-Louis Naudin,
I am seriously attracted from your test, so i decide to remove my Crius AIOP with Multiwii code on my quadcopter and try it my flying wing with your modified ArduPlane.

I downloaded ArduPlaneNG V2x R5 for AIOP v1.0 and i tried to compile with Arduino 0.23, i also tried with Arduino v1.0 but i got the same result.
This is the higlighted errir line AP_Int16 format_version;

I suppose it is a kind of "file not found", can you help me?

Thanks in advance, Stefano
biv2533 is offline Find More Posts by biv2533
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:54 AM
FPV Flyer
Europe/Italy
Joined Jun 2007
166 Posts
Partially solved
The Arduino Sketch must be exactly in Documents as show here
http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/Code

In any case now i have a new compiling error:
ArduPlaneNG2x.cpp:98:23: error: AP_Limits.h: No such file or directory

(Win7 and Arduino.exe runned ad administrator)
biv2533 is offline Find More Posts by biv2533
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:53 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhtizzy View Post
i've got the stuff ready to flash the esc's but am wondering if it's worth the effort, does it really improve things that much?
yes!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:44 AM
Joined Jun 2011
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHTizzy View Post

I've got the stuff ready to flash the esc's but am wondering if it's worth the effort, does it really improve things that much?
when you have used then you wont want to use un-flashed again
Quadframes is offline Find More Posts by Quadframes
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:48 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelightning View Post
ArduPlaneNG v2.x R5 with an All In One Pro (AIOP) full IMU board. In this test flight
Please help, I am still getting verify error on ArduPlaneNG V2x R5

[IMG]ArduPlaneNG V2x R5.jpg[/IMG]
almtmd is offline Find More Posts by almtmd
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:07 AM
member of TheBlindHawks
Joined Feb 2011
182 Posts
Correct Quad8X Motor Mapping

Hi there,

i could figure out the correct Quad8X motor-mapping in MPNG finally.
First I used to check every frame configuration: I compared which MPNG D-Pin corresponds to which APM2.0 output.
The correct (and for all frame configurations consistent) mapping is:
Code:

MPNG D2 = APM2.0 Output 3
MPNG D3 = APM2.0 Output 4
MPNG D5 = APM2.0 Output 1
MPNG D6 = APM2.0 Output 2
MPNG D7 = APM2.0 Output 5
MPNG D8 = APM2.0 Output 6
MPNG D11 = APM2.0 Output 7
MPNG D12 = APM2.0 Output 8
Now the MPNG Quad8X config in MPNG 2.7 R4 shows a difference in this mapping.. see the following picture:

To cut a long story short: The Motor Units 1 & 4 (see pic above) are interchanged.
This results exactly in the faulty behavior I observed on my Quad8X copter, which is:

PITCH controls ROLL
ROLL controls PITCH.

Say you pitch forward:
What should happen is: Motor Units 3 & 4 speed up --> PITCH FORWARD
What actually happens is: Motor Units 3&1 speed up --> ROLL RIGHT

What is still strange: My copter behaved exactly the other way round... Pitch Forward would result in a Roll to the Left. Do I have to invert Roll and Pitch Channels on my TX? They show up in the right direction in Mission Planer though.
Have to check that on the physical copter first though.... (right now @ work in office)

After all I suppose this is the correct motor mapping for MPNG Quad8X frame :
Code:
 D2     D3     D5     D6     D7    D8     D11    D12
====================================================
BLUC   BRUW   FRUC   FLUW   FLDC   FRDW   BRDC   BLDW
Can you very this Sir Alex?
best regards

careyer
careyer is offline Find More Posts by careyer
Last edited by careyer; Aug 23, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:33 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
it is said new version coming out in August.. any info about it?
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933