HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:32 AM
Joined Sep 2012
84 Posts
-deleted-
qwerty009 is offline Find More Posts by qwerty009
Last edited by qwerty009; Feb 17, 2013 at 01:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:09 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,279 Posts
So does anyone know where the inputs and outputs are on this thing if you want to use Arduplane? It's unmarked, the "D" pins are usually there for motors on multirotors. But what about servos?
WiseDuck is online now Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:28 PM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Can someone explain me these 3 param.?
-----------------
1. Land speed (LAND_SPEED)
The descent speed for the final stage of landing in cm/s

Is this the final stage of the RTL, just before RTL_ALT_FINAL?
-----------------
2. Auto pilot's max vertical speed in cm/s (AUTO_VELZ_MAX)
The maximum vertical velocity the autopilot may request in cm/s

Does this apply just for WP in AUTO MODE?
-----------------
3. Pilot maximum vertical speed (PILOT_VELZ_MAX)
The maximum vertical velocity the pilot may request in cm/s

Does this restrict the vertical speed in LEVEL, ALT_HOLD or both modes..?
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:37 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,082 Posts
hmm this is odd...

I just updated my crius to MPNG 2.9 R5 (286) and everything works great controls all do what they're supposed to do, throttle goes up and down in mission planner when I move the throttle..

but...

the throttle % shows 0 all the time and so on my MinimOSD where I got throttle % with MPNG 2.7 I now get zero...

EDIT: nevermind... it now only shows when the quad is armed, before it used to show all the time if you moved the stick..
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Last edited by Titus Gordon; Feb 17, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:38 PM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,033 Posts
does anyone has power-up diagrame for aiop2?

thanks
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:16 PM
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Mar 2008
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abriosi View Post
the new calibration method worked really well for me. I dont need any trim now to achieve almost perfect level. Even with a huge CG offset(aka camera gimbal)
I can't get the new method to work only the old one.

I'm running 2.9 R5 and the new level procedure reports failure every time. I have tried both Mission Planner 1.2.35 and 1.2.30. Tried clearing eprom and reloading etc...

If I use the CLI to run level it does work but its not doing the new method.

Just to make sure I was thinking we would have to do this in 2.9 builds..
ArduCopter 2.9 Accel Calibration (2 min 34 sec)

I also read on DIYDRones there is an issue with the level not looking right in MP and they advised not to use the CLI level command because it would cause an offset issue with the new leveling stuff. Can those running 2.9 let me know what they did to get it flying?
charlienofun is offline Find More Posts by charlienofun
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:36 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlienofun View Post
....Can those running 2.9 let me know what they did to get it flying?
Works for me. Running 2.9_R5. The only issue I have is that I can't get the new level routine to work over telemetry radio.
I have to do it with USB. Never bothered to figure out why...
Oh, and the "press any key", means a keybord key...(Don't ask...)

Once that was done, I used the "Save Trim" function to iron out the last litte drift I had.
Flies really nice in stab now.

Alt.hold is another issue, but we all know that.....

/J
JNJO is online now Find More Posts by JNJO
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:59 PM
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Mar 2008
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJO View Post
Works for me. Running 2.9_R5. The only issue I have is that I can't get the new level routine to work over telemetry radio.
I have to do it with USB. Never bothered to figure out why...
Oh, and the "press any key", means a keybord key...(Don't ask...)

Once that was done, I used the "Save Trim" function to iron out the last litte drift I had.
Flies really nice in stab now.

Alt.hold is another issue, but we all know that.....

/J
Yea I'm doing it directly via the USB cable. I will try once more before I roll back to 2.8 tonight.. the 2.9 videos I see people posting on youtube look great I wanna get it working

Thanks
charlienofun is offline Find More Posts by charlienofun
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
MinimOSD - is it fried?

Hi guys,

Finally got around to wiring up my FPV and MinimOSD (RCTimer clone) yesterday.

Flashed OSD with MinimOSD Extra. Wired in the digital side, very tidy if I do say so myself Connected the analog side minus the camera and could see the OSD feed. Changed the settings in Mission Planner as per the wiki and everything seemed to be working as it should.

Then spent a while trying to create a wiring harness from camera > MinimOSD > TX.

When I hooked everything up now what I get is a black screen with the video feed flashing up every 2 seconds and no OSD

A quick Google later and I found a number of threads (mainly on DIYDrones) saying by using one battery the board is fried and I should have used a separate flight pack.

Is this the case? Does this also apply to the RCTimer clone? I have not seen any mention of it on the MinimOSD site, the RCTimer site or here that it was a no-no to use the same battery....
wetpanda is offline Find More Posts by wetpanda
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:38 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpanda View Post
Hi guys,

Finally got around to wiring up my FPV and MinimOSD (RCTimer clone) yesterday.

Flashed OSD with MinimOSD Extra. Wired in the digital side, very tidy if I do say so myself Connected the analog side minus the camera and could see the OSD feed. Changed the settings in Mission Planner as per the wiki and everything seemed to be working as it should.

Then spent a while trying to create a wiring harness from camera > MinimOSD > TX.

When I hooked everything up now what I get is a black screen with the video feed flashing up every 2 seconds and no OSD

A quick Google later and I found a number of threads (mainly on DIYDrones) saying by using one battery the board is fried and I should have used a separate flight pack.

Is this the case? Does this also apply to the RCTimer clone? I have not seen any mention of it on the MinimOSD site, the RCTimer site or here that it was a no-no to use the same battery....
If I recall correctly the RC timer clone is the older version of the MinimOSD I'm not sure if that matters though
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:49 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
If I recall correctly the RC timer clone is the older version of the MinimOSD I'm not sure if that matters though
The latest rctimer clone of the minimosd does not have the regulator/heat issue as the earlier versions. It does require 5v from the crius board on the digital side and 12v from the analog side. I believe this is mentioned on their website
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:03 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,082 Posts
Got mine working, I had to completely rewire the quad due to a ground loop (I think) causing only a black screen. I still need to tweak the layout and position.

FPV 16.02.2013 | MinimOSD tests (4 min 17 sec)
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:31 AM
France, IDF, 91
Joined May 2011
218 Posts
Connecting servos for Arduplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
So does anyone know where the inputs and outputs are on this thing if you want to use Arduplane? It's unmarked, the "D" pins are usually there for motors on multirotors. But what about servos?
Hi. You can have a look at Jean-Louis Naudin's blog on DIY drone, there are several pictures explaining the way to connect servos & sensors to use arduplane on this board:

http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/bl...ource=activity

[Edit] You also have a picture here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=82
grmis is offline Find More Posts by grmis
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by grmis; Feb 18, 2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Second link added.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Dec 2010
232 Posts
When I do an automatic esc calibration with Arducopter 2.9 R5 everything works as described on the arducopter wiki. All four esc's calibrate and when I give it throttle the motors are synced. When I arm the FC for the first time, after the auto calibration, 3 of the 4 motors go into calibration mode as soon as the FC is armed. This then screws up the initial auto calibration. I'm using simon k flashed esc's.
Why are the esc's going into calibration mode after arming the FC and only on the first arming of the FC after an auto calibration procedure? Seems like if this weren't the case the auto calibration would work fine.
leithalweapon is offline Find More Posts by leithalweapon
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Jan 2013
10 Posts
GPS issue CN-06 with Crius AIO Pro V1.0 - any one can help? Thank you in advance.

I have used MegaPirate 2.8r3 AIO Pro v1.0 on hexa frame with CN-06 GPS. The FC work well on ALT HOLD with barometer (rock steady - no wind).

The GPS able to lock (GREEN signal on FC and flashes on the GPS module); when I activate ALT HOLD with GPS - the copter drop from the sky and I have to go back to STABILIZE mode to recover/safe the copter.

I check the GPS and test with u_blox GPS utility, appear to work fine. I used the 3DR-ublox.txt scripts - and set the GPS BAUD to 38,400. This also appear to work fine.

Has anyone have this issues? Is the GPS BAUD correct requirement @ 38,400 for the MegaPirateNG 2.8R3?

Further check with Mission Planner, the GPS found to be working - verify and pickup location fine.
mojomo is offline Find More Posts by mojomo
Last edited by mojomo; Feb 20, 2013 at 05:30 AM.