HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:34 PM
Joined Dec 2010
38 Posts
Yup - Arduino 1.0.3 fixed it. That will teach me to upgrade.

[QUOTE=Andrew Radford;24011612]Just narrowed it down to this change here
Andrew Radford is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Radford
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:43 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abriosi View Post
increasing spiral motion can mean compass not well calibrated, but i can be wrong.
Thanks Buddy. The Mag shows all ok on the gui but I think you might be right.
The mag is causing some other problems in level mode so I will re-callibrate and try again.

Cheers.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:17 AM
Espaņa, AL, Ayamonte
Joined Jun 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnacea View Post
Please help.
I installed version 2.9 and it works great, but when I activate the altitude hold flies very fast quad skyward.
Any reply to this question please?.

Thank you.
Any?
carnacea is offline Find More Posts by carnacea
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:19 AM
Joined Jul 2011
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Thanks Buddy. The Mag shows all ok on the gui but I think you might be right.
The mag is causing some other problems in level mode so I will re-callibrate and try again.

Cheers.
Do you have the mag on automatic calibration each time you power your board? If so you must wait for a solid gps lock before taking off.(green light stop blinking)
abriosi is offline Find More Posts by abriosi
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:12 AM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,182 Posts
Just received me AIOP and GPS yesterday from RC Timer. Wish me luck
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:02 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Good LUCK
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:20 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
Good LUCK
Thank you! I need all the help I can get
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:01 PM
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
Crius HK Clone Servo Scan Rate

Just received a Multiwii Mega AIO PRO Crius Clone, and trying to get it running.

I have Multiwii 2.1 loaded and everything SEEMS to be fine... the GUI shows all sensors, radio inputs are good, and motor outputs are good....

Except that they are scanning at 499 Hz.

I have 60A RedBrick ESCs so this scan rate is too much for them. Yes I know that they are opto isolated, so I have an external supply source for the Rx and Multiwii.

I'm new to the code, and have only had the weekend to sort through it, but nothing seems to alter this very high scan rate.

SERVO_RFR_50HZ is defined and flipping through the code, it should be being used.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there some stupid thing that I have forgotten to "turn on or off"?
SkyHawk_DP is offline Find More Posts by SkyHawk_DP
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:27 PM
Multicopter Nut
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Dec 2011
404 Posts
Most of us use simon's firmware for our ESCs, and run it @400Hz, and use MegaPiratesNG instead of Multiwii

My quad ran two short scripted missions today on default PIDs without a hitch on r283. Looks solid. Weather permitting, I'll take the APM out for a spin to have a baseline.

The only gripe is with the short glitch when entering any mode involving AH.
ThePara is offline Find More Posts by ThePara
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:51 PM
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara View Post
Most of us use simon's firmware for our ESCs, and run it @400Hz, and use MegaPiratesNG instead of Multiwii

My quad ran two short scripted missions today on default PIDs without a hitch on r283. Looks solid. Weather permitting, I'll take the APM out for a spin to have a baseline.

The only gripe is with the short glitch when entering any mode involving AH.
I'll be moving to MegaPiratesNG as soon as I get a grip on the base Multiwii, want to familiarize myself with the code and the unit and its sensors.

Can RedBricks be reflashed with this firmware? Which ESCs use Simon's firmware?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:05 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2013
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Did you select the correct board in Arduino?
Hi
here are the screenshots.
I found out that the board had Multiwii already on it when I got it.
I tried to run it with Multiwii GUI 2.1 and it works just fine on com port 4 and baud rate 115200.
It seems the fact that Multiwii is already on the board prevents me to upload Megapirate to it ???

To get Megapirate on the board I tried all baud rates and I'm sure com port 4 is right, but nothing works.
Jeepy is offline Find More Posts by Jeepy
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:36 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Good luck. I have a build log going with 11 videos so far. Click on my username to see the blog or click here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23947053
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:48 AM
Slovakia
Joined Aug 2006
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboygaac View Post
SOLUTION FOUND
Pin 32 (buzzer/led) was always blinking because I have activated in the code #define GPS_SERIAL 2 but I had no GPS attached... duh

PROBLEM REMAINING
One more thing I cannot uncoment //#define ARMEDTIMEWARNING 330 because it gives error:
MultiWii_2_1.cpp: In function 'void buzzer(uint8_t)':
Buzzer:46: error: 'armedTime' was not declared in this scope
[/QUOTE]

i assume that you have connected the buzzer into pin32. do you have 1kOhm resistor between the ground and buzzer ? I can see everywhere that it's recommended to put it there. why is it important to have the resistor there ?

I have a buzzer from KK2.0 board. Can I use it ? maybe without the resistor ?
shaowniq is offline Find More Posts by shaowniq
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:29 AM
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
MegaPirate NG

BTW, I read somewher that you should load the Multiwii first, and then load MegaPirate. Is this true? Or do you just go for the jugular!

I wanted to play around with just the Multiwii first to get the hang of everything... me being a virgin in Multiwii and all.

What do you all suggest? Although it's my first time with Arduino, I am a software /firmware developer so this is not a problem. I've got all of the tools working, Mission Planner, Multiwii GUI, etc. etc, and they feel comfortable.

Just not familiar with the Crius AIO PRO yet.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:02 AM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
MegaPirateNG + Spektrum DX7

Hi Guys.

First of all a thank you for all of the excellent information here that has made my build (almost) plug and play, with all of the information available (especially Mochaboy's excellent videos) I have had all the answers before I had the questions.

Now for my first issue

I am using:
Crius AOIP v2
MegapirateNG 2.8 R3
Spektrum Dx7 + AR7000

On my first run through the config, I set the TX as TX_Set1 (as it looked like the obvious selection for my setup). But in Mission Planner the controls were all random, throttle controlled roll etc. so I swapped to TX_mwi and now everything is on the right stick.

The issue is Yaw and Roll are reversed. For example to arm I need to go bottom left not bottom right. I have been through the options on my TX and can't find an option to reverse the inputs in airplane mode (it is there in heli mode) so hoped there was a config option.

Thanks for your help.
wetpanda is offline Find More Posts by wetpanda