HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:01 PM
United States, AZ, Quartzsite
Joined Mar 2002
1,630 Posts
I've been running multiwii on a Crius AIOP V2 with ublox ch-06 V2.0 gps unit. I wanted to give r283 a go but I'm having problems connecting to the gps unit. For multiwii the gps is setup for NMEA, 115200 baud via ucenter and nothing MP 2.9 does seems to shift it from this settings and it won't handle NMEA @115200.
Any advice?
Carl Petersen is offline Find More Posts by Carl Petersen
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:46 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
set the parameter to ublox - s2 baud rate for 38400.

That's baud rate is hard coded into the library - so if you reset the baudrate in the firmware of the gps using a tool like MiniGPS, you'll need to reset it back (at least that would be a good idea).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...12&postcount=3
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:14 PM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
I have a problem with the gimbal servos being twitchy. They react as they should but this constant jitter is visible on the camera. This is how I use my input and out channels on the FC:

A8, A9, A10, A11 --> RX ch1,2,3,4 (roll, pitch, thr and yaw, not necessary in this order).

A12 --> RX ch 5 (fly mode selection)
A13 --> RX ch 6 (manual pitch gimbal control or PID tuning)
A14 --> RX ch 7

A15 --> unused
32 --> unused
33 --> unused

servos connected to pins 44 and 45
MPNG 2.8 R3 (2.7 R4 behaves the same)

PS: Does the camera trigger work in MPNG 2.8 R3?
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:15 PM
Joined Nov 2007
11 Posts
Some issues...

Hi all,

Here is my problem:

I have a Crius AIO Pro V1.0, have changed the config.h file and uploaded the multiwii 2.1, so far so good, the quad was flying well.
I could see all sensors measuring, the radio inputs and switch's on the WinGUI and have also set all PID and some other parameters.

A few days ago i received a APC220 for telemetry, have wired everything well but didnt manage to "see" the data on winGUI.
Have changed the serial speed to 57600 but never received anything on WinGUI, have messed a bit with my configuration.
Since it was working well before, i have uploaded a fresh configuration on to the board to get back flying.

Since this last upload i am getting a lot of I2C erros and the software cannot read the sensors although it can read radio inputs and switchs.
The A and C led are flashing and i cannot arm the quad anymore. When i connect the battery i can hear the beeps from all 4 motors.
Can someone help me with this behaviour? What am i doing wrong? Where can i found the LED flashing combination codes?

Is there a way to do a factory reset on the board? I have also tryed version 2.0 and 1.9, have re-flashed version 2.1 and nothing...
I have a Futaba 10C radio and have already tryed with 2 different receivers with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rodrigo
rodrigocatarin is offline Find More Posts by rodrigocatarin
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:22 PM
Lauderdale
Joined Aug 2009
85 Posts
Just a quick question. I searched this thread and came up with this Sonar. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultrasonic-M...item35b6a8465b

Is this the right one to buy for the AIO pro or can someone suggest a better one?

Thx
Sean
NillSpace is offline Find More Posts by NillSpace
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:18 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Hey fellas. Question for the GPS guru's. I have the board on the first page with a UBlox GPS. The board is loaded with dev-1240 fw. the other day I was flying out the front of my house, flew up to about 30 ft, flicked to pos hold and it stuck to pos pretty well ( almost still air ) a small gust moved the quad about 6 ft and it returned... almost. it started to circul at about 6ft dia and increased to about 10 ft. I could hear the quad working pretty hard to hold position. So, is that kind of normal or maybe a PID thing? I understand PID loop theory and was wondering if I could get it to hold a tighter position by playing with the gains? What do you guys think?
Forgot to mention. I have, Level, Baro, Mag and head free all turned on when in Pos Hold. Do all or any of these need to be on for Pos Hold or RTH?
Looking forward to your thoughts.

Cheers.
Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Forgot to mention. I have, Level, Baro, Mag and head free all turned on when in Pos Hold. Do all or any of these need to be on for Pos Hold or RTH?
Looking forward to your thoughts.

Cheers.
Pete.
increasing spiral motion can mean compass not well calibrated, but i can be wrong.
abriosi is offline Find More Posts by abriosi
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:41 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2013
13 Posts
Problem with uploading Megapirate NG to Crius all in one pro V1.1

Help !

Hi everyone,

I have problems to get Megapirate NG on the Crius all in one pro v1.1. Everything is fine until it comes to upload Megapirate to the FC.
I use Arduino 1.0.3.
I click verify and no errors. When I upload, it ends with this error "avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer".

The com port is correct. I double checked.
The only strange thing is that the yellow "B" LED is constantly on as soon as the board has power either via external (5V) or USB.
Any idea what could be wrong ?

I would really appreciate any help !
Thanks
Jeepy is offline Find More Posts by Jeepy
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:57 AM
Espaņa, AL, Ayamonte
Joined Jun 2011
17 Posts
Please help.
I installed version 2.9 and it works great, but when I activate the altitude hold flies very fast quad skyward.
Any reply to this question please?.

Thank you.
carnacea is offline Find More Posts by carnacea
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:03 AM
Joined Dec 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
Use latest revision - r283
That doesn't boot for me. After testing a few revisions, it seems that the last one that works is 270 (MPNG 2.9 R1 based on AC 2.9-rc4)
271 (ArduCopter 2.9-rc5) is the first rev that does not boot.

I've tries clearing EEPROM. No luck. This is weird - I'm just using a AIOP v1. Still investigating.
Andrew Radford is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Radford
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:49 AM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy View Post
Help !

Hi everyone,

I have problems to get Megapirate NG on the Crius all in one pro v1.1. Everything is fine until it comes to upload Megapirate to the FC.
I use Arduino 1.0.3.
I click verify and no errors. When I upload, it ends with this error "avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer".

The only strange thing is that the yellow "B" LED is constantly on as soon as the board has power either via external (5V) or USB.

Thanks
Can you post a screenshot of your arduino sdk window? And look in device manager and tell us what com ports you have listed

9x out of 10 this related to either notmpicking the right board / programmer / com port or baud rate.
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:49 AM
Multicopter Nut
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Dec 2011
382 Posts
Just found a r283 archive in a different thread here, uploaded it to a pair of HK clones, did the 6-pos level and went out for a spin. They can almost PH just in stabilize with zero wind AH is ok with 20 cm maybe up/down drifts, but engaging PH will so slowly land the 'copter no matter what.
Switching back to AH makes the motors surge a bit, indicating it knows it's descending, and it's stopping the descent.
More flying tomorrow.
ThePara is offline Find More Posts by ThePara
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:18 PM
Joined Dec 2010
38 Posts
Just narrowed it down to this change here

This is the change in config.h with for example
from
SLIDE_SWITCH_PIN 59
to
SLIDE_SWITCH_PIN (-1)

If I revert the 3 lines around line 220, then even the latest rev boots.
I have no idea why my hardware is any different to anyone elses. Perhaps it is the Aduino version, I'm using 1.01. Next step is to try 1.0.3 I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Radford View Post
That doesn't boot for me. After testing a few revisions, it seems that the last one that works is 270 (MPNG 2.9 R1 based on AC 2.9-rc4)
271 (ArduCopter 2.9-rc5) is the first rev that does not boot.

I've tries clearing EEPROM. No luck. This is weird - I'm just using a AIOP v1. Still investigating.
Andrew Radford is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Radford
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:16 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy View Post
Help !

Hi everyone,

I use Arduino 1.0.3.

Thanks
Did you select the correct board in Arduino?
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:21 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2013
13 Posts
Problem with uploading Megapirate NG to Crius all in one pro V1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
Can you post a screenshot of your arduino sdk window? And look in device manager and tell us what com ports you have listed

9x out of 10 this related to either notmpicking the right board / programmer / com port or baud rate.
Hi
here are the screenshots.
I found out that the board had Multiwii already on it when I got it.
I tried to run it with Multiwii GUI 2.1 and it works just fine on com port 4 and baud rate 115200.
It seems the fact that Multiwii is already on the board prevents me to upload Megapirate to it ???

To get Megapirate on the board I tried all baud rates and I'm sure com port 4 is right, but nothing works.
Jeepy is offline Find More Posts by Jeepy