Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:01 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Here's part 2...

In this video - I cover wiring options for both master and slave mode along with the necessary Mission Planner configs for Master mode.

Somehow it all miraculously worked!

MinimOSD Setup, Wiring and Final Power Up Test! (22 min 31 sec)
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:33 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
646 Posts
Another great video! Thanks Mochaboy.
TheDonski is offline Find More Posts by TheDonski
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:46 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
646 Posts
Had my first successful auto flight with my quad that went to all of my waypoints!
Also RTL worked about 6 times in a row and alt hold too.
On the third battery it seems it could find the waypoints, but could not hold the throttle and altitude. It started to bounce off the ground. Not sure why. There was a fresh battery for that mission.
The newer MP 2.8 has the throttle settings changed, but I did not change them in my mission planner (Could not enable the box Throttle Accel). Maybe it was going into Failsafe and that is why it bounced.
Then after that I tried to RTL and it went in a different direction. Checked the GPS lock with my FatSharks and OSD and was locked with 8 sats. I will have to try again later when it stops raining to see if it continues this issue.

I feel that I am getting the PIDs locked in better, but I still get a wobble with extreme throws in pitch/roll input, also rapid descending (Heard wobble on descending is normal). Is the wobble on extreme pitch/roll usually the last thing to be eliminated when fine tuning PIDs?

Thanks again for the help to get to this point!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:34 PM
Joined Jun 2009
4 Posts
any one have any idea why my board won't load when powered by ubec. I have removed jumper and powered by extend power pins on the aiop v2 I get blue light on tow tiny orange leds flash but board won't load unless I connect usb. Its sometimes very randomly will load but 90% of the time it needs usb.
shakzool is offline Find More Posts by shakzool
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:23 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakzool View Post
any one have any idea why my board won't load when powered by ubec. I have removed jumper and powered by extend power pins on the aiop v2 I get blue light on tow tiny orange leds flash but board won't load unless I connect usb. Its sometimes very randomly will load but 90% of the time it needs usb.
Put your multimeter on the bec and post back with what you get.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:26 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonski View Post
Had my first successful auto flight with my quad that went to all of my waypoints!
Also RTL worked about 6 times in a row and alt hold too.
On the third battery it seems it could find the waypoints, but could not hold the throttle and altitude. It started to bounce off the ground. Not sure why. There was a fresh battery for that mission.
The newer MP 2.8 has the throttle settings changed, but I did not change them in my mission planner (Could not enable the box Throttle Accel). Maybe it was going into Failsafe and that is why it bounced.
Then after that I tried to RTL and it went in a different direction. Checked the GPS lock with my FatSharks and OSD and was locked with 8 sats. I will have to try again later when it stops raining to see if it continues this issue.

I feel that I am getting the PIDs locked in better, but I still get a wobble with extreme throws in pitch/roll input, also rapid descending (Heard wobble on descending is normal). Is the wobble on extreme pitch/roll usually the last thing to be eliminated when fine tuning PIDs?

Thanks again for the help to get to this point!
Can you post your current PIDs?

You're way ahead of me flight mode wise I'm still playing around with tunes. I'll be picking YOUR brain soon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:34 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
646 Posts
I had to tune down most of my rates to get a mostly stable quad.
rate_p= 0.0875
rate_i= 1.0000
rate_d=0.0045

stab_p=3.5

Still thinking I need to lower rate_p more since there is still some wobble with high pitch/roll values.

These values are about half of what I came up with the rig test for rate_p and rate_d. The quad getting better and more stable (less wobbles) than at higher values.
I will keep playing around with it and then post any changes.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:10 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
As for getting a fix - the board needs a clear unobstructed view of the sky, so it can't be located inside a protective case, or below a flight plate, or anything else.
Plastic protective case or heatshrink around GPS module does not affect GPS receiver, metal or carbon fiber will.

jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:10 PM
Joined Jun 2009
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
Put your multimeter on the bec and post back with what you get.
I'm sure it was 5.2. And to be sure I even put a 2s lipo on it and still it wouldn't load. I don't know if its a dodgy board or there is some conponent malfunction but occasionally it will load
shakzool is offline Find More Posts by shakzool
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:46 PM
Norway, Nordland, Leknes
Joined Jun 2012
86 Posts
Does anyone know a way to extend or add new status leds with a cable on the AIO v2 board?
Any of the free pad that could be used? Board will be hidden and i would like to see the status leds

Bjoern
Thidsa is offline Find More Posts by Thidsa
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:23 AM
Norway, Nordland, Leknes
Joined Jun 2012
86 Posts
Thidsa is offline Find More Posts by Thidsa
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Help - AIO USB Port damaged

Hi Guys, Please help.
I managed to pull the mini usb port off the board - and yes, the pads came along. Not one of my best moments. Now the question is, how can I program the board through another port. Can I use the FTDI or one of the serial ports. I managed to get comms with the board using port 3(talks to mission planner), but seem unable to put the board in programming mode to download the software. Is the board salvageable?
Thanks for any help.
Antonie
A pic of my handywork mmmmm
Name: 20130127_112323.jpg
Views: 157
Size: 305.0 KB
Description:
antoniekruger is offline Find More Posts by antoniekruger
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:34 AM
In progress...
Estonia, Tartu County, Tartu
Joined Jul 2012
213 Posts
I'm using Crius V1.1 and MegaPirate software. I'm currently flying an flat octocopter. Does MegaPirate also support X8 mode and if yes, where could I find the motor layout scheme?
Skewp is online now Find More Posts by Skewp
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:39 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Hi Skewp
The readme file that comes with the MP download has all the supported layouts.
File attached.
Cheers,
Antonie
README
antoniekruger is offline Find More Posts by antoniekruger
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:52 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skewp View Post
I'm using Crius V1.1 and MegaPirate software. I'm currently flying an flat octocopter. Does MegaPirate also support X8 mode and if yes, where could I find the motor layout scheme?
http://code.google.com/p/megapirateng/wiki/confighw

UPD: Sorry, images not have X8 config, so read README.txt

UPD2: Ok, now all images updated. Added Quad, Tri and X8 configurations
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Last edited by Sir Alex; Jan 27, 2013 at 04:41 AM.