HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:58 AM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flye View Post
Hi,my AIO bord with 2.6r6 don't arm I let it for a few months and now after replacing the receiver and making calibration in mission planer 2 all seem ok when I calibrate radio and I don't remember what led is supposed to flash:when I power the board green red flash rapidly and after 1or 2 sec red flash and with rudder right nothing happen!
nobody can't remember me led sequence flashing,is my red flashing ok before arming?
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:59 AM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flye View Post
nobody can't remember me led sequence flashing,is my red flashing ok before arming?
Red flashing light means you are in disarmed mode. When the board is armed you'll have solid red. Green flashing light means GPS isn't locked. When it will find enough satelites for 3d lock it will change to solid green. If there is no green light at all, disconect your battery and connect it again.
For arming the board - left stick at the bottom and full to the right for 5-6 sec., wait a few second for the arming procedure and then you'll have solid red light means the board is armed. For disarming the board, left stick at the bottom and full left for 5-6 sec., when the red light begins to flash the board is disarmed.
Friman is offline Find More Posts by Friman
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:55 PM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
II've been trying to upgrade to version 2.8r3, but in Arduino 1.01 when I hit "upload", I'm getting an orange marked error massage saying "no matching function for call to 'RC_Channel(int)' "- in the beginning of the compiling procedure, allmost imediatly. I didn't change anything in the code except choosing GPS_Protocol_Ublox.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357411975.432264.jpg
Views: 107
Size: 68.6 KB
Description:
Am I doing anything wrong? Did exactly the same procedure I did with 2.74...?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:36 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
Are you deleted libraries before copying new ones?
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
Are you deleted libraries before copying new ones?
No, I just merged them. With 2.74 it worked fine..
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:03 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
You MUST delete libraries folder before copying new ones.

README.txt written for you! See p.3 at beginning
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
You MUST delete libraries folder before copying new ones.

README.txt written for you! See p.3 at beginning
Well, it figures out that there is a reason why it is called "ReadMe"... .
Thanks Sir_Alex, it worked. I'll make the tunings in the next couple of days
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:02 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach Gardens
Joined Jun 2012
54 Posts
Hey guys,

I was just wandering what the advantages are from 2.7R4 to 2.8R3?
Also if I do update, will my current PID's be the same, or are the values different?
The reason I ask is because currently my hexa flies like a dream, ot at least pretty close to it on 2.7R4

By the way, the new(er) Tarot carbon hexa is a real sweet rig!
Worth every cent ot the $200 it cost me.

Chris
CHRISGA1A is offline Find More Posts by CHRISGA1A
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:40 PM
United States, MI, Haslett
Joined Mar 2010
326 Posts
RC timer telemetry hook up?

I got everything working on my copter and hovered it(very unstable) for almost a full battery. Now I need to hook up the RCtimer telemetry modules so I can tune it.
My air module came with a flat black plug( shown in the pictures at RCtimer Telemetry unit on their website) that will not go into any plugs on the AIOP board. Where or how do I connect this to the board?
lklansingkiter is offline Find More Posts by lklansingkiter
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:31 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lklansingkiter View Post
I got everything working on my copter and hovered it(very unstable) for almost a full battery. Now I need to hook up the RCtimer telemetry modules so I can tune it.
My air module came with a flat black plug( shown in the pictures at RCtimer Telemetry unit on their website) that will not go into any plugs on the AIOP board. Where or how do I connect this to the board?
You should be able to work out the connections using this photo
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:34 AM
Germany, BY, Erlangen
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Hi!
I'm pretty happy with mit Board and my Quad. It's flying extremely stable and it's a pleasure each time I can fly it. Last time I figured out a problem: my GPS isn't recognized anymore. After some time of searching for the reason, I found out, that one of the cables coming out of the 8pin Molex plug was broken directly at the plug. Fortunately I have a second Crius board and could replace it. But now I don't have a cable for my second build.
Does anybody know where I can get a spare one?
michi1g is offline Find More Posts by michi1g
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:18 AM
Joined Mar 2010
326 Posts
Help jabram

Hi jabram
Thanks again for the helpful photo . Here is what rctimer sent me. The plugs are completely incompatible I don't know where to get a compatible plug other than mail order and I would not know what to ask for. I think the pins are too close together to solder the wires directly. Why can't rctimer sell compatible plugs when you buy things as a unit. I just went on the rctimer site and they don't even sell the white 4 pin plug that goes into this board. What are these plugs called? They look like battery balance plugs but they are smaller.
Last edited by lklansingkiter; Jan 06, 2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:18 AM
Germany, BY, Erlangen
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Hi jabram
Thanks again for the helpful photo . Here is what rctimer sent me. The plugs are completely incompatible I don't know where to get a compatible plug other than mail order and I would not know what to ask for. I think the pins are too close together to solder the wires directly. Why can't rctimer sell compatible plugs when you buy things as a unit. I just went on the rctimer site and they don't even sell the white 4 pin plug that goes into this board. What are these plugs called? They look like battery balance plugs but they are smaller.
Hi!
The plugs you mean are called Molex plugs. But you don't need to buy those for your task. Just connect the black plug to the FC as shown in jabrams pic.
Black -> black
red -> red
orange -> yellow
green -> yellow

If you don't have any spare pins lying round then just cut the cable 2cm from the black plug and directly solder them together. Don't forget the heat shrink tube to isolate them properly!
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:48 AM
Joined Mar 2010
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michi1g View Post
Hi!
The plugs you mean are called Molex plugs. But you don't need to buy those for your task. Just connect the black plug to the FC as shown in jabrams pic.
Black -> black
red -> red
orange -> yellow
green -> yellow

If you don't have any spare pins lying round then just cut the cable 2cm from the black plug and directly solder them together. Don't forget the heat shrink tube to isolate them properly!
Thanks for the reply

The black plug will not connect to the FC I need another molex plug on the FC to do that and that is what I don't have if you look at my pictures. I have a molex? plug going to the telemetry unit but Jabrams has a different receptical on his telemetry unit and can connect to the black plug on the telemetry box so he can end up with a molex? plug on the AIOP. If I had 2 molex plugs I could do this but if you look at my picture I don't have this. So my problem isn't soldering wires together it is how to come out from the FC and the telemetry box that each have molex male connectors when I only have one female molex connector supplied by rctimer. Correct me if I am wrong. I just looked up molex? I guess this is a 1.25 mm pitch 4 pin connector. Hopefully I can find this at radio shack but I doubt it. I have been searching for a place to buy this plug with no luck can anyone tell me where to buy it?
Last edited by lklansingkiter; Jan 06, 2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:29 AM
Germany, BY, Erlangen
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply

The black plug will not connect to the FC I need another molex plug on the FC to do that and that is what I don't have if you look at my pictures. I have a molex? plug going to the telemetry unit but Jabrams has a different receptical on his telemetry unit and can connect to the black plug on the telemetry box so he can end up with a molex? plug on the AIOP. If I had 2 molex plugs I could do this but if you look at my picture I don't have this. So my problem isn't soldering wires together it is how to come out from the FC and the telemetry box that each have molex male connectors when I only have one female molex connector supplied by rctimer. Correct me if I am wrong. I just looked up molex? I guess this is a 1.25 mm pitch 4 pin connector. Hopefully I can find this at radio shack but I doubt it.
Hi!
The 6pin molex connector should have come with your Crius board. It has bare ends. jabram soldered them to some pin connectors. You don't have to do that. When you cut off the black connector that came with your 3DR you can solder the cables directly together.
I'll try to explain it with his picture:
on the left side you see the FC. The cable supplied with the board is a 1,25mm molex 6pin. This one he plugged in the FC and on the ends of this cable he soldered some pins to connect to the plug from the 3DR.
If there are still any questions -> PM