HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:35 PM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
need some advice using aiop v1.1 with the gps. loaded arducopter 2.7,
just done calibrate escs,there running in sync but when i lower throttle to min the motors are starting and stopping..just a few seconds at a time..
doing my nut in as to why or how to cure it,
simple solution i expect..
dazza44 is offline Find More Posts by dazza44
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Just ordered one and price dropped again at HK. Buddy code to get it as low as $31.70:

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...D-639B5E8730E6
read this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1790506
jimbobsi is offline Find More Posts by jimbobsi
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
dazza44...

I had the same problem. I noticed it went away when I disconnected the bluetooth. It wasn't the blue tooth causing the problem, but I had 11.1 volts going into the extended power. This is OK to do (but a little risky with over heating the board). I installed a BEC and only put 5 V into the extended power in and the problem went away...

Ray
Raycichocki is offline Find More Posts by Raycichocki
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:32 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Just ordered one and price dropped again at HK. Buddy code to get it as low as $31.70:

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...D-639B5E8730E6
Wasp - You've been following the saga with the Hobbyking Crius boards right? The extend power ports don't work.
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:09 PM
novian89
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multor View Post
Ok guys just got my CRIUS AIOP Today WOOP WOOP!!.

As soon as i saw the board, opened my 5 min epoxy, plugged in the usb and dabbed some on it so it wont get any on the way of the usb port, now it looks sturdy and it looks like it could take a beating(SO USB PORT FIXED, LESS PROBLEM)

Made Connectors.
Dag Nabbit my back is still sore from 1 hour ago, why? haha instead of crimping them small molex i manually uncrimped them put new ones and SOLDERED them individualy dangit i was so proud at the end, i didnt thought i will succeed on that part, but anyway.

Here is a picture.

ZTW-20a ESC
Confirmed to be linear BECs, i left red wires on, i took out the 5v jumper as its useless it doesnt power the rx2tx2rx1tx1gndvcc port and ftdi port. so its useless for me i gess.

Esc Wires Connected as shown on the CRIUS ALL IN ONE PRO 1.3v guide.
I assume that the first 4 numbers on the board was the ones that is occupied, (2,3,5,6)

FRSKY D8R-II PLUS
Doesnt originally come with PPM SUM out put as far as i know.
I followed http://code.google.com/p/uavp-mods/w...SkyProgramming
It flashed succesfully still outputs on ch1-8 last 2 weeks, havent tried PPM out untill today, I Activated #define SERIAL_PPM ENABLED and it worked on the APM Planner program, THOU! it was JUMPING UP IN DOWN AT THE FIRST-5th CONNECTION ON THE PC, now ITS JUST SOO LAGGY D: why is that? when i press calibrate radio its soo smooth

GPS
I guess everything would work good, i just havent tried to bring it outside as i have lots of thigns to do on this board first
But anyway, It came with my Remzibi OSD, it detects it at 38400 baud, its an MTK3329 GPS with 10hz update rate.
This gps is also plug n fly on my Rabbit board(for anyone would know)

PROBLEMS
Sorry for being noob
But i dont know how to arm it, D: any noob guides out there about MPNG like basic things?

2nd problem, The PWM out doesnt match my sticks. When i yaw on my radio, something else moves, probably first four channels are not working straight, 5-8 works, THR PTCH RLL YAW just doesnt match it. I have er9x Software, and i have the old RETA channel positioning, also on mode 4. Yaw stick on right.

3rd Problem,
3DR radio, how do i connect them? do i plug my air board on the SO/FTDI pin on the board? or somewhere else?
I cant seem to communicate with pc, what do i do

Thank you soo much guys, i hope you guys dont mind me being noob on MPNG, its just the first time i used it, i would use multiwii right now, bit i like to learn MPNG as early as i can so i can develop much better

MY APM_Config.h(Only Tab i messed with)
These are the only parts i am aware of.
whether this board can support the OSD remzibi ..?

what to wear multiwi firmware 2.1 atu ardupirate ...?
novian89 is offline Find More Posts by novian89
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:24 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
648 Posts
I am almost there to a fully functioning Crius AIOP running MegaPirate v2.8. Here is what I have working so far:

Bluetooth Module
3DR
MinimOSD
FPV Setup with Go Pro 3 and 600 mw vTx

I am looking to get voltages (V, A and RSSI) on the OSD. I bought a 50 Amp Flytron current sensor that I am looking to hook up (Or if there is a plug and play sensor I would get that instead incase this one is tough to install).
For the Flytron Sensor: The manual says that it needs to be hooked up through A0 and A1. Not quite sure what to do past connecting deans connectors, and A0/A1.
TheDonski is offline Find More Posts by TheDonski
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:47 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonski View Post
I am almost there to a fully functioning Crius AIOP running MegaPirate v2.8. Here is what I have working so far:

Bluetooth Module
3DR
MinimOSD
FPV Setup with Go Pro 3 and 600 mw vTx

I am looking to get voltages (V, A and RSSI) on the OSD. I bought a 50 Amp Flytron current sensor that I am looking to hook up (Or if there is a plug and play sensor I would get that instead incase this one is tough to install).
For the Flytron Sensor: The manual says that it needs to be hooked up through A0 and A1. Not quite sure what to do past connecting deans connectors, and A0/A1.
TheDonski - I'm very excited for you. I lost about 30 hours trying to figure out the current sensor, so let me save you (and anyone else trying this) some headaches.

1st off - good going on the getting 2.8 up and running - analog ports A1-A5 don't work in 2.7 (A0 does but not the others), and that's where I lost most of my time scanning through the code - trying this trying that. When the pre release came out - current sensing on A1 - suddenly started working.

I have a build video I put together - I just have to post it to Youtube, but it's really simple.

There are 3 tiny solder pads on the edge of you current sensor but they're not labeled. I can't tell from the photo on Flytron's site which pins are current, ground, voltage, so you'll need to determine that first. On the Attopilot - they're labeled I (current), V (voltage), G (ground - we don't connect ground in these connections to avoid the possibility of a ground loop - might be different for a Flytron though). It should have a datasheet but if it doesn't there's no harm in just soldering a wire connection into each pad and feeding 1 wire at a time into A0 to see what it reports.

The analog ports are just to the left of the Serial Ports and labeled A0-A5. V goes into Analog Port A0, I goes into Analog port A1. You'll need to grab one of the micro molex connectors that came with your Crius and rig up 2 wires to a servo connector, or just solder the wires directly into your current sensor if you don't have pin headers.

Once you do that - you have take a multimeter and record the exact voltage going from your BEC into your flight controller. You'll need this number to plug into Mission Planner later. Mine was like 4.98 and yes the extra decimals matter.

Now here's the hard part. Go into Mission Planner and enable Battery Monitoring. It has list of Current Sensors it supports, but I don't think Flytron is one of them - and that's a problem. Each current sensor has a current offset it uses to calculate the current draw and voltages - the problem is I don't know what they are for yours, or if your current sensor is ratiometric (like an allegro sensor), or if it uses the same scaling method as an Attopilot.

I'd say - hook up a wattmeter and get some base line voltages and current draws at say 25% throttle. Then choose the Attopilot 45A current sensor and see what Mission Planner reports at 25% for current and voltage.

Once you have those numbers, you can sort of extrapolate what the offsets should be and choose "Other" as a sensor type and just plug in your values. This is the part where you're in undiscovered country - so I'll be eager to see what you come up with.

Once you get Mission Planner reporting back the right numbers, everything will just automagically appear in your OSD

So let us know how far you get!

ps - I have the ATTOPilot connections documented in my wiring diagram...you can compare notes against your current sensor
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=5386192
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mochaboy; Jan 02, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:05 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
648 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I look forward to your setup video!

I was pointed to a thread that had data for the Flytron Sensor setup:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1777474
Check out post #6

Looks like some of the hard work might be done already!!!
Last edited by TheDonski; Jan 02, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:56 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonski View Post
Thanks for the reply. I look forward to your setup video!

I was pointed to a thread that had data for the Flytron Sensor setup:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1777474
Check out post #6

Looks like some of the hard work might be done already!!!
Indeed.

It looks like you'll be plugging these numbers into Mission Planner's Battery Monitoring config tab.

VOLT_DIV_RATIO 3.15
CURR_AMP_PER_VOLT 10.0
INPUT_VOLTAGE -> (You need to measure your BEC's input voltage for this number)

He chose the Attopilot 50A - but I think you'll have to choose "Other" and just plug in your values manually.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:01 AM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
648 Posts
Not sure though how he used resisters or where they were placed though.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:16 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2012
240 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to get my extend board working and am having some trouble. From what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong) I need to change the baud rate of the gps that comes with the extend board. To do that I'm using an FTDI usb breakout board to connect to the extend board using the 8 pin connector to wire that came with the AIOP. I have plugged (all from extend to breakout board) ground into ground, 5V into 5V, TX2 into RXI (or 1, can't tell what it says) and RX2 into TX0. My GPS is connected to the GPS antenna port and my breakout board is connected to my computer. The extend board is powered (red and green lights are on) and I have u-center 7.02 open. I have it connected to port 11, but nothing is happening. I have been through all the baud-rates starting with 9600 and even used the autobaud feature. If I missed this info somewhere else in the thread please tell me and sorry for bothering you.

Thanks
elmtree is offline Find More Posts by elmtree
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:20 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmtree View Post
Hi, I'm trying to get my extend board working and am having some trouble. From what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong) I need to change the baud rate of the gps that comes with the extend board. To do that I'm using an FTDI usb breakout board to connect to the extend board using the 8 pin connector to wire that came with the AIOP. I have plugged (all from extend to breakout board) ground into ground, 5V into 5V, TX2 into RXI (or 1, can't tell what it says) and RX2 into TX0. My GPS is connected to the GPS antenna port and my breakout board is connected to my computer. The extend board is powered (red and green lights are on) and I have u-center 7.02 open. I have it connected to port 11, but nothing is happening. I have been through all the baud-rates starting with 9600 and even used the autobaud feature. If I missed this info somewhere else in the thread please tell me and sorry for bothering you.

Thanks
If you plan to use MPNG firmware, you do not need to chage speed of your GPS, just connect it to AIOP board and select UBLOX gps type in the APM_config.h
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:48 AM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Which 5V UBEC would be best to power up the CRIUS AIOP from the external power connector, 3A or 7A? I plan to have both a UBLOX 6N V2 GPS and MinimOSD both from rctimer connected to the AIOP.

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...1&productname=
or
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=
Joininng your question... I have both 3A and 7A Ubec both 5v. My quadcopter is currently working with the 3A one, giving power to the Crius AIO0 board and Ublox GPS for the board, and the Rx of course; everything works fine. But... I'm going to add PTZ gimble for FPV camera with 2 servos, an OSD and an adityional GPS for the OSD (HK G-osd mini II). I have some concerns if 3A will be enough for powering everything together? Should I change to the 7A Ubec, just to be on the safe side?
Friman is offline Find More Posts by Friman
Last edited by Friman; Jan 03, 2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:48 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2012
240 Posts
As of now I am using multi wii, just because it's easier to deal with (for me), but I may end up switching over. My main concern was that my gps wasn't connecting which confuses me.
elmtree is offline Find More Posts by elmtree
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:06 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friman View Post
Joininng your question... I have both 3A and 7A Ubec both 5v. My quadcopter is currently working with the 3A one, giving power to the Crius AIO0 board and Ublox GPS for the board, and the Rx of course; everything works fine. But... I'm going to add PTZ gimble for FPV camera with 2 servos, an OSD and an adityional GPS for the OSD (HK G-osd mini II). I have some concerns if 3A will be enough for powering everything together? Should I change to the 7A Ubec, just to be on the safe side?
I am leaning towards the 7A one or at least a 5A as I want to use my Super Simple OSD from HK along with the MinimOSD and GPS from RCTimer. I have found several 5A 5V UBEC on ebay from US Sellers for Hobbymate and Hobbbywing branded UBECs. The 3A might not be enough I think?

My idea is to have the MinimOSD as the first OSD with the FPV camera attached and then take the output that would normally go to the transmitter from the MinimOSD go to the Super Simple OSD camera input and let it combine the signal with the battery voltages. This way I do not have to deal with current sensors as the OSD from HK just reads two battery voltages.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose