SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv_downunder View Post
Hi guys, been following this thread for a while now.. Build is finally complete but I have a few questions...

I'm building a tricopter V2.5 based on RC Explorer.se design but using the aio pro running the latest multiwii.

I'm having an issue with the servo, (which I've read of at least one other person having a similar issue); As soon as I connect the battery the servo moves to the maximum travel and will burn itself out if battery power isn't removed. I had my setup as per the instructions for tricopter with the servo on ch2.

Does anyone have any extra info using crius aio with multiwii for tricopters? Any help wo/uld be appreciated.
Anyone?
fpv_downunder is offline Find More Posts by fpv_downunder
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:15 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,186 Posts
@fpv_downunder.
If it happens as soon as you power on, I suggest you try it with the servo connected direct to your RX. Maybe the servo isn't mounted in it's center pos., or is faulty.
(Haven't read the full story, sorry for any redundancies.)

If it happens after the board has booted, you can adjust the center point in config.h

/******************************** TRI *********************************/
#define YAW_DIRECTION 1
//#define YAW_DIRECTION -1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction
/* you can change the tricopter servo travel here */
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN 1020
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX 2000
#define TRI_YAW_MIDDLE 1500 // tail servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD

Hope this helps.

/J

EDIT: If you are using an analog servo you need to set the servo rate to 50 or 160Hz in config.h. (I think 50Hz is default)
JNJO is online now Find More Posts by JNJO
Last edited by JNJO; Nov 18, 2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Analog servo?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Thanks I'll try that and report back! FYI the servo is BMS-385DMAX Digital
fpv_downunder is offline Find More Posts by fpv_downunder
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Apr 2011
10 Posts
Where to find setup instruction for crius alo pro

This forum becam extremely large so I would like to ask if somebody can dirrect me where to find step-by-step instruction how to configure this board in multiwii, please?

--> what should be modified in config.h or in other files
JendaCZ is offline Find More Posts by JendaCZ
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Does anybody know how to use the Camera Trigger with a servo? How can i assign a channel to it?
jimbobsi is offline Find More Posts by jimbobsi
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:48 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JendaCZ View Post
This forum becam extremely large so I would like to ask if somebody can dirrect me where to find step-by-step instruction how to configure this board in multiwii, please?

--> what should be modified in config.h or in other files
Guide written by Gaza http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php/topic,411.0.html
Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:56 PM
Valencia - Spain
Joined Sep 2004
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv_downunder View Post
Anyone?
What kind of servo have you used for yaw? I had your problem with megapirateng and it was solved when I switched from analog to digital (Corona) servo. This one was able to support high freq.

Jm
xscorp is offline Find More Posts by xscorp
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
10 Posts
great guide,
thank you for that link
JendaCZ is offline Find More Posts by JendaCZ
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:32 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2008
84 Posts
Hi,

having a big Problem what I canīt solve.

My AIP1.1 with MPNG2.7.4 is flying great. Have done the Setup with reading all in this Thread and the Guides. Quad is stable hovering.

But after a few minutes flying around I have to give more and more input from the Stick to move it. Ending up in Stick full forward an Quad is hovering. When I center the Stick then, Quad is going fast backwards, fully uncontrolable.

Checked it with all directions. After few minutes it seems that the Board stores the stick positions as zero points.

Same for ALT hold. Starting the first time it holds ALT perfectly. After few minutes it is climbing and falling. Uncontrolable, so you have to go back to stabelize mode to avoid crashing.

Somebody knows what this can be??

Thanx
Dirk
critical_limit is offline Find More Posts by critical_limit
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Could be too much vibration. Did you balance your motors an props?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:17 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2008
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobsi View Post
Could be too much vibration. Did you balance your motors an props?
yep, Motor and Props balanced. No vibrations. Motor and ESC Section is isolated to the Avionicsrack via rubber silentblocks.

Tested it today whole day long. Played with settings etc. without success.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Do you have the auto trim set to a switch?
I notice some times ill hit mine by accident and it act all kinds of funny trying to fly around normally with it on.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:56 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2008
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribble007 View Post
Do you have the auto trim set to a switch?
I notice some times ill hit mine by accident and it act all kinds of funny trying to fly around normally with it on.
No, the switch is not set. it was set a few days before. but today i started at the beginning and flashed mpng again to start totally new. no changes. after few minutes flying it is uncontrolable.

what i dont understand is that mode position hold is working fine. all other modes go crazy after flying aroung
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical_limit View Post
No, the switch is not set. it was set a few days before. but today i started at the beginning and flashed mpng again to start totally new. no changes. after few minutes flying it is uncontrolable.

what i dont understand is that mode position hold is working fine. all other modes go crazy after flying aroung
Did you try the erase command in Terminal mode after flashing? Maybe it helps
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:16 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2008
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobsi View Post
Did you try the erase command in Terminal mode after flashing? Maybe it helps
I erased it several times. Everything I could found here in this thread I tried. But I dont think it can be a faulty board, because everything is working fine exept flying around.
Vibrations was my first idea, but i installed a KK2.0 Board and the frame is flying perfect with the KK2.0.
Is there any Parameter in the PID settings which cause this behavior? Changed a lot for testing but cant find one to make it better or worse.

Can cause a special frequency of vibrations that behavior? Or the 5.8ghz transmitter for fpv flying? Maybe BEC voltage spikes or drops?

Tried to power the board with all 4 Becs one after the other. Its all the same.

Cant find the answer...