HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
Australia, WA, Yangebup
Joined Sep 2012
110 Posts
Hey Guys,
Since I had my problem with the escs not starting up on power up I have purchased different escs and all works great. I cant believe how easy this is to fly. Im loving it
But I am still having one problem that I just cant seem to find after searching this thread and google. Its to do with the bluetooth setup. For some reason it seems to connect (red light goes solid) and in MP it says connecting to Mavlink, but then it goes into timeout and counts down. Then after that is says did not receive any heart beat packets.
Can anyone help Please.
I am sure the Crius Bluetooth adapter is set to baud rate 115200 and I have checked that the coms port is the same.
Thanks
Macca
macca05 is offline Find More Posts by macca05
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
GPS Alt-Hold Problem

Hello,
I fly a Quadcopter with the Crius AIO Pro. I've the problem, that the alt-hold works fine without program GPS. Yesterday i've program the GPS (CN06 Ublox) and now he can't hold the attitude. If i activate alt-hold he reduce slowly the motor-speed. then he start to give a little bit more power but he can't hold the attitude (lost high 7-8m). So i need to activate stabilize befor he crash. I start on 10m high and after 10 or 15 Seconds he began to regulate the high and lost high more and more. I use the megapirateNG Firmware. What's the problem with GPS? Should i change the PID-Settings for alt-hold? Without GPS it works fine.(+/-1m).
What can i do?
Master1866 is offline Find More Posts by Master1866
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:25 AM
member of TheBlindHawks
Joined Feb 2011
183 Posts
Hi there..

having a strange problem: After leveling my AIO-Pro it does not fly level in Stabilize Mode. I've leveled the board multiple times now considering the following points:

- copter is standing on an absolute level surface
- AIO-Pro board ist mounted absolutely level on the copterframe
- no trims at all on my transmitter
- Sticks on the transmitter calibrated

The result is:
- in Mission Planer the artificial horizon is absolutly level in respect to nick and roll.
- BUT... when flying I have to give almost full forward trim (nick) and almost 3/4 trim to the left (roll) in order to make it fly stationary and not rapidly drifting appart.

What might be wrong? Before trying to fly by GPS these problems should be ironed out, right? I also have a original APM and I am not having that strange problem there... so i suppose it's not me miss-operating the software of miss-understanding the process of level calibration.

Thanks for your advice!

Best reagrds
Thomas
careyer is offline Find More Posts by careyer
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:23 AM
United States, SC, Ridge Spring
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyer View Post
Hi there..

having a strange problem: After leveling my AIO-Pro it does not fly level in Stabilize Mode. I've leveled the board multiple times now considering the following points:

The result is:
- in Mission Planer the artificial horizon is absolutly level in respect to nick and roll.
- BUT... when flying I have to give almost full forward trim (nick) and almost 3/4 trim to the left (roll) in order to make it fly stationary and not rapidly drifting appart.

What might be wrong? Before trying to fly by GPS these problems should be ironed out, right? I also have a original APM and I am not having that strange problem there... so i suppose it's not me miss-operating the software of miss-understanding the process of level calibration.

Thanks for your advice!

Best reagrds
Thomas
I have a similar problem, though not as extreme as yours. Like you, I completely level the quad, check trims and subtrims and go through the calibration. Then, for a little while, it usually flies level, but pretty soon I'll start having to add a little trim one way or the other, not always the same way. Eventually it will get bad enough that I will recalibrate and start over. Nothing I have done so far has resulted in a long-term fix. Thoughts?
Boykintom is offline Find More Posts by Boykintom
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:46 AM
Dornbirn / Austria
Joined Mar 2008
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyer View Post
Hi there..

The result is:

Thanks for your advice!

Best reagrds
Thomas
did you check the CG as well? although I think it shouldn't be a problem
if the copter is drifting away more and more, check your I-Gain, if it's set too high then you will see this result, so try to set it to 0 first
other than that, did you try auto trim? http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_AutoTrim
solars is offline Find More Posts by solars
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Mar 2012
66 Posts
Hey guys.
I have an older Crius MWC Board right now and i am thinking about getting a Crius AIO Pro because it has more Pins, better(?) Sensors and i would like to give GPS+MegaPirate a try.

But there are a few Questions left:

1: Can i still run my Bluetooth Module with MutliWii AND MegaPirate?

2: Can i use this Sonic Sensor? Also MutliWii AND MegaPirate?

3: How many AUX Channels do i have with AIO Pro?

4: How accurate are the Crius AIO Sensores compared to my old Crious?

5: How good is a Crius AIO+GPS running MegaPirate compared with an AMP using the AMP Firmware?

Thanks for your help !
Sandro
sandrodadon is online now Find More Posts by sandrodadon
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:12 AM
The Netherlands, FR, Wymbritseradiel
Joined Oct 2005
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrodadon View Post
Hey guys.
I have an older Crius MWC Board right now and i am thinking about getting a Crius AIO Pro because it has more Pins, better(?) Sensors and i would like to give GPS+MegaPirate a try.

But there are a few Questions left:

1: Can i still run my Bluetooth Module with MutliWii AND MegaPirate?

2: Can i use this Sonic Sensor? Also MutliWii AND MegaPirate?

3: How many AUX Channels do i have with AIO Pro?

4: How accurate are the Crius AIO Sensores compared to my old Crious?

5: How good is a Crius AIO+GPS running MegaPirate compared with an AMP using the AMP Firmware?

Thanks for your help !
Sandro
1) yes
2) yes
3) 4 ch5 ch6 ch7 ch8
4) better
5) can't tell..only use AIO
ariekraakjr is offline Find More Posts by ariekraakjr
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
Sverige, Örebro Län, Hallsberg
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Rc Controll settings...

Hello guys,

I have been lurking this thread for a while and recently pulled the trigger on a AIOP board.

I have it all set up on my computer and the radio at the moment. I'm using a Futaba 8FG Super wich in this case mean that all flight mode switches have 3 positions.

I need some pointers on how to set this up.

My questions:
Acro mode is that the default mode, as in the mode that active if none of the options in controllsettings are active, correct?

Do I need to be in Auto level mode to arm(with throttle + yaw input)

I want to use this boart foa a AP plattform so the modes I'm most interested in are these:
- Auto Level
- Altitude Hold
- Heading Lock

- GPS Hold (once I get my gps, wich should arrive this week I hope)
Does gps hold require any other modes?

Does my settings seem ok?
How did you guys set it up?
Kaptenklister is offline Find More Posts by Kaptenklister
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janekx View Post
What diferent is on Sonar ME007v1 and v2? See diferent crystal.
I ordered on Sure Electronic there on pictures was v2 and one member suggest to buy there v2 and I recieve v1
No body?
janekx is offline Find More Posts by janekx
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
okay does anyone know the deal with the RCtimer website? is it still selling stuff or whats going on?
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:12 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonano View Post
okay does anyone know the deal with the RCtimer website? is it still selling stuff or whats going on?
yea its been down all day (last 8 hours at least) so i bought somewhere else. they've been weird lately....
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
yea its been down all day (last 8 hours at least) so i bought somewhere else. they've been weird lately....
I see.... Where is another place with quick shipping for the 3DRs or replicas?
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Haven't you heard, it's the great firewall of China ;-)
RHTizzy is offline Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:34 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonano View Post
I see.... Where is another place with quick shipping for the 3DRs or replicas?
witespy's store
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:14 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptenklister View Post
Hello guys,

I have been lurking this thread for a while and recently pulled the trigger on a AIOP board.

I have it all set up on my computer and the radio at the moment. I'm using a Futaba 8FG Super wich in this case mean that all flight mode switches have 3 positions.

I need some pointers on how to set this up.

My questions:
Acro mode is that the default mode, as in the mode that active if none of the options in controllsettings are active, correct?

Do I need to be in Auto level mode to arm(with throttle + yaw input)

I want to use this boart foa a AP plattform so the modes I'm most interested in are these:
- Auto Level
- Altitude Hold
- Heading Lock

- GPS Hold (once I get my gps, wich should arrive this week I hope)
Does gps hold require any other modes?

Does my settings seem ok?
How did you guys set it up?
I run Megapirate so take this with a grain of salt. I chose MPNG because of it's integration with AP Mission Planner and what I perceived to be a more robust feature set. After reading the various reviews of the different firmwares, I wanted something I could grow into feature wise and it hasn't disappointed yet.

As for your settings - I'm not sure what MWII calls it, but Step #1 Step #1 Step #1 (yes it bears repeating) is to do initial PID tuning in Stabilize Mode. You can't move on to any of the other flight modes until you get a stable platform in stabilize mode, because the other flight modes borrow or base parameters from this flight mode.

PID tuning is not that difficult - what you're trying to do is find the max value it will take then back off a few ticks. The defaults are pretty good so long as you're in the suggested weight range of your rig (i.e. not too heavy - not too light).

As for the other flight modes...Acro disables the 45 degree limits so you can do things like sport flying and flips and rolls. This will probably be the LAST mode you work on.

For me my progression went like this.
Stabilize PID tuning (in your case Stable/Level mode)
GPS Hold/Position Hold PID tuning
Guided (waypoints)
RTL (Return Home)

Altitude Hold I don't really use, but I can see how it would be useful for AP. I would say it's usefulness is limited unless you have sonar worked into your rig. To rely on the barometric pressure sensors for altitude alone probably won't cut it.

Heading hold could be useful for you as well since it maintains its heading for things like panning shots.

As for settings - I'll let the mwii guys chime in - if you do a search on the mwii thread you should see some posts for pid tunings that you can borrow just to get a sense for what kinds of changes and what ranges are possible.

Not sure if that helps - but welcome to the party - oh and look up megapirate and mission planner and see how that suits your needs.

Mocha
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member