HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:39 AM
Dornbirn / Austria
Joined Mar 2008
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
The battery in the CN-06 v1 is only good for max 48 hours at best.. the v2 has an eeprom to save settings.. some people modify them and add a bigger battery
I've got the V2 - do I have to select EEPROM then when saving the settings in ucenter?
solars is online now Find More Posts by solars
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:47 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solars View Post
I've got the V2 - do I have to select EEPROM then when saving the settings in ucenter?
Yep.. in UCentre there are four options I think.. one of them being EEPROM.. just tick all four..
Jumpy07 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:00 PM
Dornbirn / Austria
Joined Mar 2008
575 Posts
Thanks a lot!
solars is online now Find More Posts by solars
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:00 PM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
I got with CN-06 some strange issue that coordinates jumped much around world Solution is reset to default in Ucenter and set again. It happend when I recieve it and after default setting it works well.
janekx is online now Find More Posts by janekx
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:11 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
will this work on the crius ???

i have this gps from an old osd, 5hz refresh rate, 5 wire, wondering if this will work for megapirate ng on this fc ?
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8384 View Post
i have this gps from an old osd, 5hz refresh rate, 5 wire, wondering if this will work for megapirate ng on this fc ?
yep if serial and nmea
penpen is offline Find More Posts by penpen
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:02 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,850 Posts
Anyone purchased this board from Deal Extream and or their GPS board

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpen View Post
yep if serial and nmea

yea maby im over myt head on this one. , i toook the shrink off it and this is what i see. all i know is it is made by locosys and is 5 wire, lol

i now have mp ng loaded and building the test frame for this board. im more a naza user but thought i would try out this fc, guess its time to start reading,

EDIT........ ok been doing some reading here about the gps. how do i know what is my tx and my rx on this gps i have? any one know?

im sure red and black are my vcc and grd, but what about the other 3 wires? white, green and purple ? once i get the tx/rx i will know what im doing then. thanks
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by crash8384; Nov 06, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:07 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca05 View Post
Hey guys,
First of all I just want to say I have been reading this thread now for the last 3 weeks and thought by the time my board arrived I wouldnt even need to ask any questions cuz everything would work straight away for me... Well how wrong was I.
Please Help!
My problem is quite strange. I have gone through and uploaded the last MegaPirate firmware which all went without a problem and I have even managed to connect my gps with no problems at all. I went through Mission Planner and Calibrated the compass and the radio (9x).
But now my problem is I cant even get the motors to spin. I did the esc Calibration by turning on radio and putting full throttle, plug battery into quad and then for some reason the first time it wont work ( the escs just keep beeping) so I disconnect battery and then try again. This time It beeps once for the calibration so I then turn throttle off. Its beeps again. Now from there it will not let me arm/disarm, but I can get the motors to spin. The LEDS are all flashing.
So I disconnect battery and then connect it again. THis time it sets properly and I can arm/disarm, but for some reason the escs do not make a sound and I now cannot get the motors to spin.
Please can someone help me?
Thank you guys in advance. All your input on this forum has been a real wealth of knowledge for me.
ESC - Turnigy 25a Hexfet Hobbyking
Motors - Turnigy aerodrive 2830 1100kv
Radio - Turnigy 9x with stock firmware

Thanks heaps
Macca
Macca,

I could have dropped my name into that exact post a few weeks ago. I can't pinpoint which step fixed the endpoint issue but let me try to recap what steps I took.

When you're calibrating your ESCs, you have to plug/unplug up to 3 times - this was starting to wear me down, so I hardwired a toggle switch into the battery circuit which sped things up tremendously.

When you start the calibration:
* Start with a fresh copy of megapirate
* Make sure your tx mode is set to tx_mwi in apm_config.h

* With everything off (including propellers) - push Tx throttle to high
* connect first ESC/motor, then turn on rig. You should hear a set of climbing beeps, then 2 short beeps, a pause then a confirmation beep that the esc has recorded throttle max. If you don't, drop throttle to zero, turn on, then turn off rig, then push throttle to high, then turn rig on again)
* drop the throttle to zero and wait for the next set of confirmation beeps
* careful - now - the motor is armed - you should be able to spin it up.

* now power the board down and turn off your tx. Drop your tx to zero, then power your rig. You should hear a set of climbing beeps, followed by 2 quick beeps, the green led should be flashing (waiting for GPS), the red led should be flashing (solid = armed, flashing = disarmed).
* Push throttle stick down and to the right and hold for 4-5 seconds to arm the board. LEDs A,B, C should flash rapidly then red LED should go solid red.

One thing I should mention is that Radio calibration messed everything up. I can't explain how or why, except to say that after a couple of failed calibration attempts via Mission Planner, I scrapped the idea, loaded a fresh copy of MPNG onto the board and did the steps for manual calibration (I have Futaba 10CHG btw).

If all else fails - try adjusting your trims - for instance lowering your throttle trims, which is less than ideal because the ESCs should be recording the actual stick positions and not the interpolated ones.

Give that a shot and let us know how you fair.

Mocha
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:24 PM
Estonia, Harju County, Tallinn
Joined Jan 2012
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Anyone purchased this board from Deal Extream and or their GPS board

Jeff
Friend of mine did. AIOP and their GPS- crius V1.
Recieved 1 week ago. It is AIOP V1! And it takes a reeealllllyyyyyy looooooonggggg tiiiiimmmeeeeee to get parcel shipped, about 2 weeks, and 2 weeks postage time. Dont buy from there. Buy from RCTIMER. V2 board and fast shipping.
Dreddix is offline Find More Posts by Dreddix
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
okay weirdest problem, had everything all set up and powered by lipo -> externeal BEC -> extend port in and it was all working fine.
now, for no apparent reason it won't. it powers and starts via usb fine but when powered via BEC the red led (not arming one) blink dimly and thats it..... any idea w.t.f is happening?
thanks

EDIT: i found a problem, the onboard voltage regulator is dead.... its getting 5v in but putting 1v out... there was no smoke or anything, it just stopped working....
looks like i have to talk to RC timer and get a replacement coz its faulty
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Last edited by dgonano; Nov 06, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:30 PM
Australia, WA, Yangebup
Joined Sep 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru06 View Post
When you go to Mission Planner and connect to the Crius go to radio calibration and turn your 9x on. Do the correct markers like throttle, yaw, and pitch move when you move your sticks on your 9x?
Hey Guru,
at first they did not match what the mission planner was but after about 5 hrs last night of trying to get it working I reset everything and made sure it was the same but still no luck
macca05 is offline Find More Posts by macca05
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:32 PM
Australia, WA, Yangebup
Joined Sep 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055 View Post
Did you try to calibrate the esc's manually one by one?
Hey liorz055,
Yep tried that one too

Hey Mocha,
I am just getting ready for work now so as soon as I get home I'll be trying what you told me and I'll report back tonight.
Thanks
macca05 is offline Find More Posts by macca05
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:46 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Ok i thi k i have this all hooked up correctly. Can any one confirm? Im getting no gps on my mission planner. Yes ive gone out side in open . Should i just try it in mwc instead of mpng?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:07 PM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_rui View Post
Does anyone know if pins 44,45,46 (gimbal) have the +(V) active when yellow jumper is removed and FC is powered externally? mpng 2.7
I managed to get power to the gimbal servos. They have power now but don't move

I've changed these parameters but still no success. Any ideas?
CAM_P_FUNCTION 7
CAM_R_FUNCTION 8
MNT_MODE 2
MNT_STAB_PITCH 1
MNT_STAB_ROLL 1

mpng 2.7
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui