HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4gfy View Post
I have my AIO P flashed and everything is working with MPNG 2.7.
I have searched this thread and can not find a simple answer on
how to program the BT module for 115200 to work with the AIO P.
Also, do I just need VCC GND RX TX connectors to the AIO P board from the BT?

This is the Bluetooth device I have for the AIO pro
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...&id=9811472909

I also have a basic FTDI card with the following pin-outs
DTR RX1 TX0 5V CTS GND

I have no problem with the GND and 5V(assuming that the BT will take 5V)
Are the TX and RX wires reversed?
What pins on the BT go to DTR and CTS from the BASIC FTDI go to on the BT?

Would like the program that I would use to program the BT also.
Make sure the baud rate in the sketch (before you upload it) is set to the same as you BT module. then connect tx-> rx rx-> tx.
not sure if you actually have to do something to enable BT... dont think so.
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Sep 2011
40 Posts
Gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01 View Post
Anyone tell me what my quad is doing????

http://youtu.be/eM3IA2qamJE
With out any other info, based on the video. I would say the copter is seeking a GPS hold??? If PID setting are too high for the GPS it will over shoot the hold point, and look like the copter in the video.
Trauma50 is offline Find More Posts by Trauma50
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:43 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFnoise View Post
The baud setting is 57 and tx-rx rx-tx and power is taken from FTDI. Im going to try an external BEC and see if it helps. Ill guess the BT module is a bit overkill to run along with the 3DR but its just that its suppose to work. Its a test rig anyway waiting for the real frame If im using the FTDI i have to unplug the radio everytime I use the USB right?

Have you changed anyting in the code to run the OSD on s1? I had s3 on my mind for osd. Im trying my minimosd this weekend!

I think its something else im up to, im going to try and swap s1 and s3 and see if that works.

Thanks all!
All I did was set OSD_PROTOCOL_REMZIBI in apm_config.h

It's a tap splice to Tx3 which is sending mavlink packets to the 3DR radio, in other words it's sniffing the traffic and overlaying that data into the video stream.

Mission Planner can only connect to one com port at a time, so although you could technically transmit from both 3DR and bluetooth, you'll still have to choose which COM port to connect to in Mission Planner.

Now if you're using the Android app to connect over bluetooth, then I guess technically it's possible but as you said - overkill.
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,236 Posts
i have this sonar.. HC-SR04
http://dx.com/p/hc-sr04-ultrasonic-s...-module-133696

i know where to connect and power it in aio v1.0..
have MW 2.1.. where in the code do i comment so i can use this sonar..

barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
let me know

[QUOTE=RFnoise;23164289]Hey all!

I have a problem with my telemetry/RCTimer 3DR radios connected at S3 on my Crius AIOP 1.1 board:

The 3DR works perfectly if connected to the FTDI port (baud changed to 57k) so nothing wrong with the radios as i first thought. When connected to TX3/RX3 port its just using the TX pin. I can see scrambled mavlink data in my terminal window but when I try to connect i receive "Getting params compid 1 sysid 1" the error. This is because the AIOP doesnt receive any data.
[QUOTE=RFnoise;23164289]

let me know if you fixed this problem , because i have the same problem, and I can not use my 3D radio Please.
jraulj is offline Find More Posts by jraulj
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:33 AM
Multicopter Nut
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Dec 2011
401 Posts
@kd4gfy
You don't need the FTDI adapter when dealing with the bluetooth module. Just power on the BT module with +5V and GND and get your BT-enabled computer to discover the device and pair it. Password is usually "0000". Then, as I don't read chinese, you'll have to check the module's default speed. The Crius BT module you get off RcTimer for instance comes 115200 default. The RN-42-based modules from SparkFun come with 9600 as default.
They can be configured with a terminal program, such as Putty or Hypertrm. Once you pair them with the computer, in your BT panel you'll get a COM port associated with the module. Then you can "dial" a terminal window to that com port, and in the first 10-20 seconds after powering up the module and pairing the computer to it, you'll have to send "+++" then it's ready to accept AT commands.

@barok
The official MWii trunk doesn't support sonar. I'm sure I've read somewhere that there's modified Mwii code that will use HC-SR04, but you'll have to google it. Last time I flew MWii was back in may, so I'm not very knowledgeable about it.

@jraulj & RFnoise
Make sure S3 is defined as 57600 in the sketch and the computer COM port is set to 57600 8N1 with Flow Control "None".
Also, use both Tx and Rx pins, so the Mission Planner can interogate the FC, otherwise you'd get only hartbeat packets.
ThePara is offline Find More Posts by ThePara
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:29 AM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Sep 2001
335 Posts
thanks--no joy

Thanks degonano and thepara.

Ive done all that. My computer recognizes the BT module. The red light on the BT module flashes and then goes solid. I tried all the baud rate settings on the AIO P console setting including 9600 which is the default for the BT module. The AIO P board and BT thru the FTDI port are not communicating. I have also been unable to
flash the AIO P thru the FTDI port. I had to use the USB port to flash the AIO P.

The only connections that I am using for the BT to the FTDI port are VCC GND TX RX. TX and RX are reversed. Do I need to connect the other 2 leads on the BT to the outputs of the FTDI port on the AIO P? If so which ones to where?

Thanks agn.
kd4gfy is offline Find More Posts by kd4gfy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:21 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barok View Post
i have this sonar.. HC-SR04
http://dx.com/p/hc-sr04-ultrasonic-s...-module-133696

i know where to connect and power it in aio v1.0..
have MW 2.1.. where in the code do i comment so i can use this sonar..

take a look here for early testing http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...art=160#p26227

(but as always, if you don't know what you are doing, dont do it)
penpen is offline Find More Posts by penpen
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:22 PM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFnoise View Post
Hey all!

I have a problem with my telemetry/RCTimer 3DR radios connected at S3 on my Crius AIOP 1.1 board:

The 3DR works perfectly if connected to the FTDI port (baud changed to 57k) so nothing wrong with the radios as i first thought. When connected to TX3/RX3 port its just using the TX pin. I can see scrambled mavlink data in my terminal window but when I try to connect i receive "Getting params compid 1 sysid 1" the error. This is because the AIOP doesnt receive any data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraulj View Post

let me know if you fixed this problem , because i have the same problem, and I can not use my 3D radio Please.
Hey,

Ive tested with external power and also tried the BT module on S3 but I cant get the S3 port to work.
Ive tried;

1. External Bec
2. Changed to S1 and turned on Rembzi OSD feature (same problem but its function is to just receive data to the OSD?)
3. Crossed tx/rx back and fourth
4. Measured pins/cables and it turnd out ok
5. Checked my settings (bits, flow control, baud) and all seems ok

Its working halfway on the S3 port, it sends a heartbeat and other info on the TX3 pin and the local module is receiving. The CRIUS board is just not taking care of the data comming in on the RX3 pin from the 3DR/PC.

Ive passed that and now Im running;

1. External power from the "ESCs" (yellow jumper gone) - Works
2. GPS connects to S2 - Works
3. 3DR on FTDI port running at 57600baud - Works (Cant seem to flash with arduino over the 3DR radio but that may not work anyway.)
4. Connected the FTDI port to a 6 pin header so I can use an FTDI adapter to flash my board if usb breaks or if I cant reach it (im putting the card in a black box away from sunlight.) - Works
5. A0-A5 to 6 pin headers for volt/ampere readings and buzzer/leds for low voltage. - In progress

Take care!
RFnoise is offline Find More Posts by RFnoise
Last edited by RFnoise; Nov 05, 2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Messed up quoting..
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:27 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01 View Post
Anyone tell me what my quad is doing????

http://youtu.be/eM3IA2qamJE
Try to load multiwii fw on your AIO Pro and check if it's working ok. Then you'll se if board is faulty.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:04 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2010
60 Posts
More testing of loiter mode. First test was windfree. This time it was a light wind.
Used same settings at test 1. It wanders a bit but heading is solid all the time.

A couple of times it has started climbing all of a sudden. Thats a bit scary

Loiter test #2 (1 min 1 sec)
Goofy68 is online now Find More Posts by Goofy68
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:47 AM
Dornbirn / Austria
Joined Mar 2008
621 Posts
using the CN-06 GPS v2.0 (http://www.goodluckbuy.com/crius-cn-...-0-module.html) and settings:

GPS_PROTOCOL_UBLOX
or GPS_PROTOCOL_AUTO
Baud Rate: 9600

I don't get a gps signal (NO GPS) - do I have to change the firmware of this board or does it work out of the box?
Connections are like this: http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...or%20CRIUS.jpg
solars is online now Find More Posts by solars
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
If your gps blinks but doesn't communicate try reversing Rx and Tx, I had to connect Tx-Tx and Rx-Rx for it to work

but, I don't have a cn-06. if you have selected ublox in arduino then no additional setup should be needed.... should.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:32 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solars View Post
using the CN-06 GPS v2.0 (http://www.goodluckbuy.com/crius-cn-...-0-module.html) and settings:

GPS_PROTOCOL_UBLOX
or GPS_PROTOCOL_AUTO
Baud Rate: 9600

I don't get a gps signal (NO GPS) - do I have to change the firmware of this board or does it work out of the box?
Connections are like this: http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...or%20CRIUS.jpg
If you're powering AIO Pro from external power you must remove J1 jumper. Otherwise no.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:50 AM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
Try to load multiwii fw on your AIO Pro and check if it's working ok. Then you'll se if board is faulty.
Turns out my stabilize p gain was too low.
powerstroke01 is offline Find More Posts by powerstroke01