HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboygaac View Post
I made this maiden FPV flight with a tricopter in a very windy day, using CRIUS SE and Multiwii.
You may notice in 3:25min i take lateral wind and it starts turn the tricopter, but I safelly catched it.
Great experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jPlgdP25Cc
Nice video... looked handful in the wind.. thanks for sharing .
Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:14 AM
Argentina, BA, Quilmes
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Camera Gimbal working in MPNG v2.7r4

Here is my gimbal just connected and working with megapirateng v2.7r4. I have to reverse both servos.

Camera gimbal in xcopter x525 crius aiop megapirateng v2.7r4 (1 min 15 sec)
Argendrones is offline Find More Posts by Argendrones
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
Greece, Makedonia Thraki, Nikiti
Joined Dec 2006
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argendrones View Post
Here is my gimbal just connected and working with megapirateng v2.7r4. I have to reverse both servos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJO3NLWcSfs&feature=plcp
Great!!!
lakis21 is offline Find More Posts by lakis21
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:50 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,154 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJO3NLWcSfs&feature=plcp
Which camera gimbal is that? Link?
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Nice! I happen to have the same frame, and I think I was looking at the same gimbal too. Can you link to where you got yours so i can see if it's the same as the one i was looking at?
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
it wont connect to Mission Planner now and Megapirate loads no problem. im for buying the Kk v5.5 just to get flying

eric
ericb21 is offline Find More Posts by ericb21
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
791 Posts
Awesome brother. Just what i needed off work in 2 days and ill get started on mine. Thank you for the link
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
Argentina, BA, Quilmes
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro_wanabe View Post
Nice! I happen to have the same frame, and I think I was looking at the same gimbal too. Can you link to where you got yours so i can see if it's the same as the one i was looking at?
I took the gimbal from the hobbyking frame (the entire frame is 11usd + shipping).

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Frame_V1.html

I used to have this frame, but i crash the entire frame (newbie) with the KK FC and the only part safe was the gimbal. The gimbal is ready for a 9g servo to move the lower part, and I added a fast standard servo (MG956 towerpro metal gear) to move the entire gimbal.
Argendrones is offline Find More Posts by Argendrones
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Very excited...95% of my components have finally arrived...so off to do some soldering. I lost a week thinking I bought the quattro controller only to realize I never hit submit...nothing a little expedited shipping couldn't fix.

Anyway - I've been working on a wiring diagram to help me sort out how to set up my wiring harnesses. I'm going to be using polarized connectors on things like the extend power port as well as the 5v rails throughout the component harness.

I put together a google drawing with all the components I plan on using, but halfway through I discovered there isn't a good way to export an editable copy of what I just put together. Side note - Google Docs has a web clipboard feature that allowed me to copy everything over into a Google Presentation which is capable of exporting at least a powerpoint file.

So I'm attaching that here in case anyone needs to use it to help plan out their wiring. My wiring diagram's not complete - because I needed to see what I had to work with, but I'll post the completed one once I'm done attaching all the components. I have a bunch of custom connectors coming in from Sparkfun and Pololu to help sort this mess out.

Finally going to get this damn thing off the ground!
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:44 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
Very excited...95% of my components have finally arrived...so off to do some soldering. I lost a week thinking I bought the quattro controller only to realize I never hit submit...nothing a little expedited shipping couldn't fix.

Anyway - I've been working on a wiring diagram to help me sort out how to set up my wiring harnesses. I'm going to be using polarized connectors on things like the extend power port as well as the 5v rails throughout the component harness.

I put together a google drawing with all the components I plan on using, but halfway through I discovered there isn't a good way to export an editable copy of what I just put together. Side note - Google Docs has a web clipboard feature that allowed me to copy everything over into a Google Presentation which is capable of exporting at least a powerpoint file.

So I'm attaching that here in case anyone needs to use it to help plan out their wiring. My wiring diagram's not complete - because I needed to see what I had to work with, but I'll post the completed one once I'm done attaching all the components. I have a bunch of custom connectors coming in from Sparkfun and Pololu to help sort this mess out.

Finally going to get this damn thing off the ground!
Word of caution on the MinimOSD wiring.. dont connect the power at both ends..
The reason the board blows is that the 5V regulator that powers the analogue side of the board via an onboard 5v regulators... its fragile and heats up.. (also caused by ground issues), many people have blown their boards because of this..

A better way is not to use the onboard 5v regulator but feed 5v from a UBEC or FCC to the MinimOSD as shown the diagram below and to use a LC filter to provide the 12v feed directly to the camera and video TX.

On the board there are two solder pads to join the analogue and digital Ground and 5V's lines to enabled this.

Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:01 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausi1972 View Post
There is a feature in the mission planner software for it (auto flip) on channel 7, channel 6 I don't use on the FC so I plugged channel 6 from my receiver into channel 7 of the FC (I only use a 6 channel receiver).
Should these be added to the manuals?

MWII - http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...=flip&start=20

MPNG - http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_SimpleMode
RHTizzy is offline Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
hey guys, finally got my board recognized, it needed the bootloader re burnt on haha
went to upload the sketch and i got the error:
avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

any ideay guys? :/
could it be a drive error? i found the board in device manager and installed a driver ftdiport from the ftdi folder in arduino, is that the wrong one?
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
Valencia - Spain
Joined Sep 2004
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xscorp View Post
More information about this issue on tricopters: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2491

My yaw servo doesn't support more than 50Hz and MPNG seems to treat it as a ESC on D7. My ESC's are flashed with simonk firm and I would like to keep 490Hz frequency for them... ┐any ideas? ┐someone with tricopter successfull? Multiwii is the other way I think...
One more step regarding this issue: use a good brand digital servo for tricopter yaw. It should support higher frequency than analog servos.

I have tested with Corona DS939MG with better results.

Regards
xscorp is online now Find More Posts by xscorp
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:42 PM
Troy, Michigan
Joined May 2006
483 Posts
Can you guys help me?!

I just got my board today and i can't get my computer to recognize it. This is my first time programming a multiwii board with a mac so i'm not sure if there is something different i need to do. I downloaded the multiwii 2.0 gui and i can get it to read the board. So i downloaded the 2.1 software and tried to upload the new code to to the board but the arduino software says "The serial port is already in use" when i try to upload it to the board. Has anyone gotten that error before when trying to flash the board with new software?

Thanks
Kyle D.
Kyle D. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle D.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Whooo! finally got it all working
maybe you should add in the guide that if your board isnt being recognised AT ALL then you need to use a programmer to reflash the bootloader
anyway... my board has a crap USB port with something in it that wont let the usb go in all the way! it like sits on he edge and pops out really easily (not a prong at all, a solid bit inside :/)
so i believe there are alternate ways of connecting to mission planner. Both bluetooth and 3DR can do it right? my question is: do they both have the exact same full capability as normal USB connection but with added benefit of in flight PID programming etc and telemetry data?
I dont understand why is recommended to have 3DR on TX3/RX3 rather than FTDI port. i understand you can use bluetooth that way but isnt bluetooth kinda redundant with 3DR because you can change values through 3DR like you would with bluetooth?
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Last edited by dgonano; Oct 23, 2012 at 07:55 PM.