HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Dec 2010
38 Posts
Is there any technical reason why not? I don't mind doing a port but would be good to know before starting whether it is impossible due to hardware etc. At least for the Crius AIOP.

@Andrew Radford,
Maxbotix does not supported by MPNG. Sorry.[/QUOTE]
Andrew Radford is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Radford
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
Looks like you must desolder onboard FTDI chip to use external one.
Is that all, just desolder the onboard chip? Do I need to make any other jumper connections or anything? (i don't have my FTDI connector to test with yet, just wondering if it worked for anyone else)
astro_wanabe is online now Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:12 PM
Dornbirn / Austria
Joined Mar 2008
618 Posts
are there any tutorials how to connect and setup the minim osd?
solars is offline Find More Posts by solars
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
dutchcommando thanks

[
i think there's something similar going on with yours.
you have connection via 3DR (com 21 is your 3DR right?)
but the protocol is missing somtehing...

remove the 3dr power down your quad and close the planner.
connect all again, start planner and try again without clicking the connect button in the top right corner. (only select the appropriate comport)[/QUOTE]

yes I connect planner via 3DRadio on com 21 , Im waiting for a external FTDI board so I can connect the remote radio and apload firmware to it. maybe it will work, because when I click the upload firmware it only does to local radio. Let see what happen.
jraulj is offline Find More Posts by jraulj
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:56 PM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,652 Posts
Can someone who uses multiwii 2.1 answer me a quick question. This is the second time I've had multiwii 2.1 on this board and this behavior was present both times. When I throttle up only 1 motor spins up. Until that corner gets light on the skids, then the other motors come to life to compensate (Too late in my opinion for a smooth takeoff). When I used megapirate NG all motors spun up together very smoothly.

Anyway, is this normal behavior for multiwii?

Ultimately the quad flies like this, but it doesn't nearly lift off as smooth as megapirate. Fwiw, I'm using the AIOP board with RCTimer 30a esc's (Simonk flashed) and 930kv motors on an f450 frame. I have calibrated everything (acc, mag, and the esc throttles individually using the tx throttle procedure).
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Mar 2012
199 Posts
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to reuse the molex connectors? The CN-06 GPS comes with a standard servo connector and to use it with the board I need to switch it to one of the 1.25mm molex connectors in the kit. Hopefully I can do this without going out to buy a kit and ordering connectors. Thanks.
Guru06 is offline Find More Posts by Guru06
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:42 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru06 View Post
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to reuse the molex connectors? The CN-06 GPS comes with a standard servo connector and to use it with the board I need to switch it to one of the 1.25mm molex connectors in the kit. Hopefully I can do this without going out to buy a kit and ordering connectors. Thanks.
Why don't you just cut and solder the wires together? You don't need to re create molex connectors.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:24 AM
Joined Mar 2012
199 Posts
I was going for the self powering setup done here

Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Jun 2008
41 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the AIO Pro with megapirateng to work with the Multiwii FC I2C-GPS NAV Module? I've got one and it works great with the multiwii 2.1 but I can't get it to work with the AIO Pro.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
jtpile is offline Find More Posts by jtpile
Last edited by jtpile; Oct 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:03 AM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
961 Posts
guys the little button cell battery broke of the gps sensor. can someone tell me what it does?
compuatic is online now Find More Posts by compuatic
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Jun 2008
41 Posts
Hi,

The button battery retains the gps' settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
guys the little button cell battery broke of the gps sensor. can someone tell me what it does?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Mar 2012
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpile View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the AIO Pro with megapirateng to work with the Multiwii FC I2C-GPS NAV Module? I've got one and it works great with the multiwii 2.1 but I can't get it to work with the AIO Pro.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
I was under the impression that you don't need that. I just got mine working by listening to TheFernMan and currying my leads and connecting them to the supplied molex connectors like in the picture I posted above.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:03 AM
Joined Jun 2008
41 Posts
Hi,

I know it's not really necessary but since I already have it hooked up this way I thought I could leave it as is with the proper settings to recognize it. I may end up just hooking it up directly if no one knows of a solution.

-thanx again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru06 View Post
I was under the impression that you don't need that. I just got mine working by listening to TheFernMan and currying my leads and connecting them to the supplied molex connectors like in the picture I posted above.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:15 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraulj View Post
[
i think there's something similar going on with yours.
you have connection via 3DR (com 21 is your 3DR right?)
but the protocol is missing somtehing...

yes I connect planner via 3DRadio on com 21 , Im waiting for a external FTDI board so I can connect the remote radio and apload firmware to it. maybe it will work, because when I click the upload firmware it only does to local radio. Let see what happen.
Sounds like the settings in both local and remote are not the same, once you have an FTDI adapter you can use the 3DR tool to check the remote settings
Jumpy07 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:19 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
Without the battery the GPS will do a cold start every time it boots.. which will take a lot longer to get a fix..

Cold start @32sec + (depending on sat view .. I have seen it taking a few mins)
Warm start @3secs
Jumpy07 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpy07