HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:12 PM
Rana
Gurgaon - India
Joined Jul 2009
154 Posts
Sir Alex,
Will it be corrected or go as it is. You can not say the DIY people have already tested the firmware in HIL so no need of HIL here in MPNG. Since during porting, firmware is changed, which may have new implementation bug, which can be easily found with HIL testing only else the other way is to find the bug in flight, which may result in lots of damage due to crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
Because some parts of HIL code was removed or not implemented in MPNG.
narpat007 is offline Find More Posts by narpat007
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:10 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotland101 View Post
Frig - I have a AIO the bag from RC-timer - arrived yesterday - sob,
QFT

Mine's one state away in a sorting facility.

Oh well - why buy one when you can buy two at twice the price. Work with what you got I guess.
Mochaboy is online now Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narpat007 View Post
Sir Alex,
Will it be corrected or go as it is. You can not say the DIY people have already tested the firmware in HIL so no need of HIL here in MPNG. Since during porting, firmware is changed, which may have new implementation bug, which can be easily found with HIL testing only else the other way is to find the bug in flight, which may result in lots of damage due to crash.
If you have a need for it then you can add it. It is open source.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:31 AM
Joined Oct 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
Due to new prices of cloned APM 2.5 boards (89$) future of Megapirate seems poor to me - its much better to have fully compatible version without software problems.
Have to agree, if the quality is good on these boards the price is not far away from the Crius AIO.

They are not in stock until the 20th Oct.. will place an order for one as soon as available. Will start a new thread on my experiences
Sentinal is offline Find More Posts by Sentinal
Last edited by Sentinal; Oct 12, 2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:41 AM
Joined Oct 2012
9 Posts
Has anyone tried the JD-IO board with the Crius AIO ?

http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/J...cq-ioboard.htm

In theory it should work as it MavLink 1.0 compliant and should work connected to TX3/RX3 the same as telemetry and MinimOSD.

Interested in this as it appears that their is code available that translate Mavlink to FrSky telemetry format...this will enable output to the FrSky telemetry receivers.. such as the D8R etc .....this would enable data from the Crius AIO to appear on the LCD Telemetry displays such as the DHT-U or a suitably modified 9x with ER9X and FrSky modules etc..

Thread here for more detail http://diydrones.ning.com/forum/topi...age=5#comments

Appears code is allready available to display the following..:

- Temperature

- Accels X, Y, Z

- Altitude

- Groundspeed

- Lat/Lon

- Running time

The latest software from http://code.google.com/p/arducodes/downloads/list

The JD-IO board can do a lot more though.. such as power LED's etc

Will let you know how I get on.. have ordered one to give it a try.. its only @ 20
Sentinal is offline Find More Posts by Sentinal
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:25 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Mar 2012
199 Posts
I got my Crius yesterday, it's going to be a productive weekend. Funny thing I ordered from HobbyKing's US warehouse the same day and still haven't gotten my package.
Guru06 is offline Find More Posts by Guru06
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,193 Posts
sorry for the spam but
I'm selling again some FLASHED HobbyKing F-30As 30amps here in the classified section.. Its on Pre-Order right now, but I ship fast and in the US it takes like 2 or 3 days. They'll be ready for the week of Oct 22.

I participate and follow this thread
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
Dornbirn / Austria
Joined Mar 2008
644 Posts
Does anyone know how to set up EZUHF PPMSUM with megapirate-ng and this board?
I've set TX_CHANNEL_SET TX_set2 but somehow pitch/roll are swapped...

How can I correct that?
solars is offline Find More Posts by solars
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:55 PM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solars View Post
Does anyone know how to set up EZUHF PPMSUM with megapirate-ng and this board?
I've set TX_CHANNEL_SET TX_set2 but somehow pitch/roll are swapped...

How can I correct that?
i saw that you PMed me.
All the problems you could possible run in to will all be solved in this thread
I really dont like to realease my own Documented manual on this thread, the environment in here is soo bad, hope you guys can understand.

But for this particular problem
I also had the same problem at the start
On my ER9X, with frsky module i Manually changed every single Channel except 5-8
I dont know how to setup PPMsum for EZUHF
But you only have to connect ppm sum to Throttle pin which is really good cuz its next to gnd and vcc
Multor is offline Find More Posts by Multor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
In the config file, uncomment the line that says #define SERIAL_PPM ENABLED

tx_channel_ set will change which order your channels are in. standard is Ail-Ele-Thr-Rud-Mode. set2 is Ele-Ail-Thr-Rud-Mode, which has pitch and roll swapped.

then enable microkopter mode in immersionrc tools on a channel, and plug that channel into the crius board so the signal goes to pin 8.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
Rana
Gurgaon - India
Joined Jul 2009
154 Posts
Waiting to hear from Sir Alex......

Quote:
Sir Alex,
narpat007 is offline Find More Posts by narpat007
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:19 PM
Devon, Alberta
Joined Apr 2003
200 Posts
Hey guys,need a little help.

I have a mediatek 3329 GPS and cannot seem to get it to work with the AIO. The GPS has been flashed to run at 115200 baud. I am using MW2.1 and have tried the original version and the one with the GPS patch. The GPS is getting power and the GPS is showing green on WinGUI but there is no GPS info coming through. The GPS works great on the other board I have but is a no go on the AOI. Any Ideas?

Thanks ... Tim
Tim2 is offline Find More Posts by Tim2
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined Mar 2010
454 Posts
Hi, I was following quad control board's development for long. But was out of touch for last 6 months. I would like to know whether this board is capable of performing the job of autopilot using megapirate NG? What all I need to get it on board a fixed wing ac for FPV flt. I could not make time to read the whole post. Thanks
ferdous7466 is offline Find More Posts by ferdous7466
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:33 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
Quote:
Waiting to hear from Sir Alex......
HIL does not test hardware part (hardware drivers). All another part of software is same with AC which already tested with HIL DIYd team.
Someone can add support for HIL, but I'm don't understand for what.
Sir Alex is offline Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:55 AM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
140 Posts
Hi,
I got to trouble and want to ask for help.
New RC timer SimonK ESCs I install and because not try Crius with my old Plush not sure the problem was before too.
All ESCs runs well with servo tester,strong and linear, but with Crius or KK2 some ESCs goes to idle .
When I arm all motors with 1/5thorttle goes in same time but after a few seconds 2 motors stops.

Make calibration with multiwii and KK2, but nothing helped.

I make small video

FILE0051 (0 min 53 sec)

What cause it can be please?

EDIT: No metter what order I connect motor still M1 and M4 idles, and I try to power Crius by the USB only with reciever without any motor attached and arm and when I make same 1/5 -1/4 thorttle I see how the motors slow down M1 and M4

EDIT2 My mistake was not trimmed correctly on TX
janekx is offline Find More Posts by janekx
Last edited by janekx; Oct 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM.