HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:40 PM
pm1
Germany, BY, Gestratz
Joined Oct 2008
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_rui View Post
Does anyone know where to solder new clips for the battery on the GPS bard.. to work again?
The other possibility is to initalize the GPS every time by Multiwii software. I do it this way...
pm1 is offline Find More Posts by pm1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:42 PM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1 View Post
The other possibility is to initalize the GPS every time by Multiwii software. I do it this way...
baud 57600?
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jan 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1864 View Post
I have a question about this Ublox GPS module I got from Rctimer a few months ago.

I'm finally getting ready to install it soon. I know I have to follow some procedure to reflash the baudrate, however I remember reading in the past that it might have some sort of memory issues. That after 2 days it can loose some sort of settings or something.

Can anyone clarify this a little? Is this true? And if so, what settings does it loose? Do I have to go through the reflash procedure every time 2 days pass with no use? Or is it something simpler?
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro_wanabe View Post
If you're using MPNG then just identify that you're using the UBLOX GPS module in the APM_Config.h file and it's supposed to automatically set up the GPS at power-up (I think this has been supported for a couple versions now). Just change the line that says

#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_NONE

To:
#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_UBLOX
Guess I should have clarified. I'm using multiwii. Wondering exactly which settings get lost.
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
I tried connecting my GPS to the GND and VCC of the serial port, and it didn't work, but connecting it to the GND and VCC of the I2C interface powers it up.

Is that a problem?
nomand is offline Find More Posts by nomand
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomand View Post
I tried connecting my GPS to the GND and VCC of the serial port, and it didn't work, but connecting it to the GND and VCC of the I2C interface powers it up.

Is that a problem?
no its not i dont think

i believe this is happening because your powering the board with the ESC BEC and not a external one through the 'extend power in' port. if you powered it that way the serial power pins would work.
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonano View Post
no its not i dont think

i believe this is happening because your powering the board with the ESC BEC and not a external one through the 'extend power in' port. if you powered it that way the serial power pins would work.
I see, thanks, that's how I'm powering it, through ESC's BEC, so I guess I'll have to route power to accessories through the I2C power port.

On the motor pins, should only 1 BEC be plugged into the 3 pins with only signal for the rest, or is it ok to have all of them feed power? Is that going to cause any problems or interference?
nomand is offline Find More Posts by nomand
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomand View Post
I see, thanks, that's how I'm powering it, through ESC's BEC, so I guess I'll have to route power to accessories through the I2C power port.

On the motor pins, should only 1 BEC be plugged into the 3 pins with only signal for the rest, or is it ok to have all of them feed power? Is that going to cause any problems or interference?
It can do depending on the electronics, as people have said a rule of thumb is just connect one power from the BEC and you'll be safe.

From electrical knowledge I suspect this could affect that esc because it will be the only one supplying power but I'm not sure if that will actually make a difference or not haha
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:09 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icah View Post
That is what I use exactly. The only problem is that my Turnigy 9x is unable to handle the F-MODE switch on channel 5, it can handle channel 6,7,8 only with the stock firmware so I f you intend to use it with this TX, beware.
Try to flash your Tx with er9x FW.http://code.google.com/p/er9x/
er9xuser is online now Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:36 AM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
116 Posts
Is there a way to set the fail safe function in mwii2.1 to work with RTH?

I don't have fail safe on my RX (Turnigy9X) but it stops transmitting on some channels (ie CH3). I know you can define the code to work with AUTOLEVEL and MINTHROTTLE when signal is lost, but can I define the code to activate RTH instead?
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:36 AM
Lisboa, Portugal
Joined May 2004
115 Posts
RCT is selling now v1.1 of AIO PRO.Anyone knows what have changed from v1.0?
Besides pinheader are now green
Afonsos is offline Find More Posts by Afonsos
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:41 AM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Nothing new
janekx is offline Find More Posts by janekx
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:48 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afonsos View Post
RCT is selling now v1.1 of AIO PRO.Anyone knows what have changed from v1.0?
Besides pinheader are now green
It was written few pages back what is was changed. Good thing...USB connector is reinforced
er9xuser is online now Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:54 AM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
2 All:
To all Megapirate users: anyone tried long distance mission flights? (more than 500-700m between waypoints)

I had a very strange crash, after 1st point copter go lower and fall dawn without any reason. Battery was charged, all was checked.

It looks like bug in algorithm, I described it on Arducopter forum, and placed log there, but it seems that nobody knows:
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/st...ght-log-inside
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:54 AM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Reinforced USB was in 1,0 later relases as well so now nothing new
janekx is offline Find More Posts by janekx
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:05 AM
Romania,Est Europe
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
2 All:
To all Megapirate users: anyone tried long distance mission flights? (more than 500-700m between waypoints)

I had a very strange crash, after 1st point copter go lower and fall dawn without any reason. Battery was charged, all was checked.

It looks like bug in algorithm, I described it on Arducopter forum, and placed log there, but it seems that nobody knows:
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/st...ght-log-inside
Hi
I got that too with my Crius Quadro, on the second waypoint it wants to land by itself . Delete that waypoint,make another waypoint, reload waypoints and it works.
mamut is offline Find More Posts by mamut