HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
yeah it just needs some data

then do a calibration
Well my usb calbe is connected to the FC, isn't that a litle bit tricky?

Or did i miss something?

mast3rwurm is offline Find More Posts by mast3rwurm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:16 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,328 Posts
disconnect it, hover for a few minutes, land, reconnect and then do calibration
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
disconnect it, hover for a few minutes, land, reconnect and then do calibration
Thank you very much man!

Its now workinh
mast3rwurm is offline Find More Posts by mast3rwurm
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:28 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,328 Posts
I'm happy to help, this thread has been the single biggest help for me
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, SC, Ridge Spring
Joined May 2012
113 Posts
I have my AIOP mounted on a wood frame quad, with about 25 inches from motor to motor. It flies well, and is very steady, but the yaw control is a little soft, that is, it tends to continue to rotate past the point where I let off the stick to stop it. I haven't figured out how to fix this. It also tends to yaw on its own in fast descents. Suggestions on yaw settings?
Boykintom is online now Find More Posts by Boykintom
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Sep 2001
459 Posts
mpng firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronalex View Post
someone has already compiled the code to put into this board megapirate Ng
how about a link?
kd4gfy is online now Find More Posts by kd4gfy
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4gfy View Post
how about a link?
http://code.google.com/p/megapirateng/

Go to Downloads > MegaPirateNG_2.7_R4.zip (or whatever the newest one is) and click on the file name to download. There's a README.txt file with installation instructions included in the zip file. If you still need help look in this thread or ask.
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Sep 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
Trauma50, does this need to be done as well as the ESC calibration via the code in Arduino? FYI i'm running HK F-30A with SimonK firmware.

Thanks,

P.
Yes do both, see if it helps? It works on mine when it starts trying to flip. The Multiwii ESC cal. is a must. Not sure were I read the other? I'm 2 months in flying AIOP. Still learning myself. I have bent and broken so many parts not to mention props, I buy them by the gross now.

Flying head in seems to be the trickiest to learn. Trying to learn a banking turn right now, scary. I get half way it to the turn and chicken out. Our flying field is long and narrow not enough room.

To everyone learning to use the AIOP. Read this form ALL 170 pages and counting. (I have a few times, find new stuff I missed) Read the FAQ that Jumpy put together. (Props to Quadframe also) I have about 70 bookmarked web pages on my browser. Parts to Multiwii, Mega pirates, and the different forms you can join. In short do the home work, and you will get it flying.
Trauma50 is offline Find More Posts by Trauma50
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:17 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined May 2012
104 Posts
The radio is working OK and calibrated but somehow the esc is not receiving anything. This is very strange as the thing is OK before with multiwii code. Why the fc is so fragile sigh.need to troubleshoot with multi meter now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narpat007 View Post
By radio calibration, I mean, when Arducopter code ( MegaPirateNG_2.7_R4.zip ), is flashed into your bard, you connect your Autopilot board to the APM Mission planner, via USB.

It is assumed that you have connected the receiver with the Autopilot board properly and turn on your Radio Transmitter.

Then from Mission Planner, click on the configuration tab and from there you will find a clickable list in the left from there you click on Calibrate Radio.

After that it will be self explanatory.
newmanhyde is offline Find More Posts by newmanhyde
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:34 AM
Joined Jan 2010
497 Posts
I have a question about this Ublox GPS module I got from Rctimer a few months ago.

I'm finally getting ready to install it soon. I know I have to follow some procedure to reflash the baudrate, however I remember reading in the past that it might have some sort of memory issues. That after 2 days it can loose some sort of settings or something.

Can anyone clarify this a little? Is this true? And if so, what settings does it loose? Do I have to go through the reflash procedure every time 2 days pass with no use? Or is it something simpler?
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:10 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,653 Posts
RCTimer has 1.1 version of this board:
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=
Any ideas what's new (ignore that "fixed USB port" - they added that to earlier version aswell.
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1864 View Post
I have a question about this Ublox GPS module I got from Rctimer a few months ago.

I'm finally getting ready to install it soon. I know I have to follow some procedure to reflash the baudrate, however I remember reading in the past that it might have some sort of memory issues. That after 2 days it can loose some sort of settings or something.

Can anyone clarify this a little? Is this true? And if so, what settings does it loose? Do I have to go through the reflash procedure every time 2 days pass with no use? Or is it something simpler?
If you're using MPNG then just identify that you're using the UBLOX GPS module in the APM_Config.h file and it's supposed to automatically set up the GPS at power-up (I think this has been supported for a couple versions now). Just change the line that says

#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_NONE

To:
#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_UBLOX
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:12 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
RCTimer has 1.1 version of this board:
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=
Any ideas what's new (ignore that "fixed USB port" - they added that to earlier version aswell.
usb port is connected (soldered) to 4 points in stead of 2 with the old ones.(v1.0 has another usb port)
header pins are green vs black on the old one, isp header isn't soldered. (open holes on the print)
the atmega chip has another number.. (can't remember what the number was..)
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:55 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mast3rwurm View Post
Thank you very much man!

Its now workinh
with compass do you mean Magnetometer or GPS?
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:03 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
RCTimer has a Radio Telemetry Kit for $45.96

TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan