SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Sep 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
Well, tried to test fly mine.. never got of the ground.. on the verge of a flip every time i feed in throttle. As this is my first MultiWii experience are there any guides anyone can point me to regarding setting up a mulltiwii from the ground up that would be applicable to this board also? I know the hardware side (done plenty of KK builds) but know nothing about MultiWii.

Thanks,

P.
Turn on the transmitter. Full throttle. Plug in the battery pack on the copter. Wait. You will hear the ESC's tone's. When the tone's stop. Pull the stick back to the bottom. Go fly. Trauma50
Trauma50 is offline Find More Posts by Trauma50
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:17 AM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
117 Posts
What baud rate does this bluetooth have?

How can I check it?
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui
Last edited by x_rui; Oct 07, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:59 AM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
117 Posts
It's working, it was set on 9600, I've changed it and it works.
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma50 View Post
Turn on the transmitter. Full throttle. Plug in the battery pack on the copter. Wait. You will hear the ESC's tone's. When the tone's stop. Pull the stick back to the bottom. Go fly. Trauma50
For me only manually one by one esc calibration worked , you should try it if the all in one esc calibration won't work.
liorz055 is offline Find More Posts by liorz055
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Dec 2009
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma50 View Post
Trauma50, does this need to be done as well as the ESC calibration via the code in Arduino? FYI i'm running HK F-30A with SimonK firmware.

Thanks,

P.
Phroz is offline Find More Posts by Phroz
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
alright so, with all the stuff ive read this is the wiring diagram ive come up with, i know its sketchy but its gets the job done :P

is there any mistakes? comments?
finally, can i connect all 4 5v esc lines or not if I've removed the jumper? i know its been talked about but its confusing with so much random bits out there and id rather just confirm it and not blow up my board or ESCs haha
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:55 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonano View Post
alright so, with all the stuff ive read this is the wiring diagram ive come up with, i know its sketchy but its gets the job done :P

is there any mistakes? comments?
finally, can i connect all 4 5v esc lines or not if I've removed the jumper? i know its been talked about but its confusing with so much random bits out there and id rather just confirm it and not blow up my board or ESCs haha
It seems ok. Once you remove the jumper, you isolate the ESCs 5v from the rest of the board.
But Just remove the 5v from the ESCs if you're worried. You can lift the little tab on the servo cable of each ESC and pull the 5v cable out and black tape it or use heat shrink to cover the tip.
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
It seems ok. Once you remove the jumper, you isolate the ESCs 5v from the rest of the board.
But Just remove the 5v from the ESCs if you're worried. You can lift the little tab on the servo cable of each ESC and pull the 5v cable out and black tape it or use heat shrink to cover the tip.
awesome hmm might just pull them out and heat shrink them to be safe haha and take the jumper off to :P

if i were to put a HK 2.1 FC board in place of the CRIUS, would i connect 1 or 4 ESC 5V lines? i.e will connecting all 4 to the one point damage the F30 ESCs?? (just asking to help me understand it all :P)

sry for being a noob i'll get it all soon
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:20 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,194 Posts
It's bad when your ESCs have switching becs and you connect them to the FC.

The HobbyKing f-30a have linear becs. So it should be ok. I have a kk2 board with all ESCs connected. But the kk2 m1 connector is isolated from the other esc connections on the board.

Those new Multistar ESCs have switching becs and that wasn't good.

A rule of thumb I've seen here in RCG is remove the 5v bec lines except one. That one will power your board and receiver.
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
A rule of thumb I've seen here in RCG is remove the 5v bec lines except one. That one will power your board and receiver.
Sounds good to me
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
Jumpy07

[QUOTE=Jumpy07;22927755]Default Baudrate on FTDi/S0 is 115,200 and the Default Baudrate on Tx3/Rx3 is 57,600 so make sure you change the baudrate of the 3DR's to match.

I dont know what i did wrong but my radio now does not connect, start and got stuck on the firsparameters (getting param sysid 1-compid 1) than said than fail to connect. tried on tx3/rx3 and on FTDI.
I switch wires you know from this tx-rx//rx-tx ...to this tx-tx/rx-rx but than tried to connect 29 seconds and than times out
on FTDI tried 115200 On RX-TX3 57600 but no luck.
Question. on FTDI I connect tx-rx and got 5v and ground fron the other port thats all that I need to connect ?
Thank you
jraulj is offline Find More Posts by jraulj
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
Does someone know how to calibrate the compass?
i got and error it says if i try it"Log does not contain enough data"

I turned my quad all directions..
mast3rwurm is offline Find More Posts by mast3rwurm
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:03 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mast3rwurm View Post
Does someone know how to calibrate the compass?
i got and error it says if i try it"Log does not contain enough data"

I turned my quad all directions..
hover for awhile and then calibrate it
Titus Gordon is online now Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
hover for awhile and then calibrate it
Only by hovering?
mast3rwurm is offline Find More Posts by mast3rwurm