HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:31 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraulj View Post
my 3d radio connects over TX3-Rx3 fine, . but when i connect GPS on TX2-RX2 does not detec gps..on mission planner.. GPS works fine by it self. I tried 3D radio over FTDI but does not connect. Im using megapirates. AIOpro board
my GPS is CN06
Default Baudrate on FTDi/S0 is 115,200 and the Default Baudrate on Tx3/Rx3 is 57,600 so make sure you change the baudrate of the 3DR's to match.

Have you edited APM_Config.h for your GPS ?, you say it works by itself.. can you explain how you test it ? If it doesent show a position on Mission Planner then its probably not working.
Jumpy07 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpy07
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:28 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro_wanabe View Post
Thanks guys!
Sounds like somebody might get to build an extra quad
o noooo! not another quad...

maybe a tri..

i need a new house for more multi's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeysPunk View Post
Got to put you straight on this mate. If Quadframes is using the forum as a way to promote is shop I think he must be out of business by now. I have been looking and find it hard to find any mention of the shop in any of his posts. But hey look at it this way, your doing a bit of advertising with your post I quoted
it looks like the site is down... so yeah.. out of business looks about right.
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:31 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Hi All,would any one have a spare set of cables for the AIOP+the two prong pin for power in,my doggie appears to have eaten/hidden my set,many thanks in advance your's,Marty.
I misplaced mine and had bough these for something else
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mini-Micro-1-...item2a23667598

They fit nicely and you can easily cut them in half if you need 2 pins or 6 ect.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:09 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
753 Posts
Many thanks for that NDw,will get some ordered,once again thanks,Marty.
NEAGRON is online now Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:24 AM
Tokol, Hungary, EU
Joined Oct 2010
325 Posts
Hi guys,

I would like to use minimosd with my aiop and cn06. I take the gps's power from the i2c socket. Which other socket would i use for powering the osd if i still want to avoid using external power from bec and rely only on the bec cables of my escs?
icah is offline Find More Posts by icah
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:28 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icah View Post
Hi guys,

I would like to use minimosd with my aiop and cn06. I take the gps's power from the i2c socket. Which other socket would i use for powering the osd if i still want to avoid using external power from bec and rely only on the bec cables of my escs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadframes View Post
Hi if you power the board from external power source via the extended power in marked on the back of the board then you will be able to take the 5v from the S1-S3 plug and then you dont have to have wires running from the I2c plug

Remember to remove the yellow jumper if you are powering the board this way
Its been talked about before. But yea, you need Extended Power In.

Look around these posts
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
right.. i should have thought about the ftdi port....
i had the usb break clean off with taking the traces with it to...
i ordered a new AIOP.. bit i could use the ftdi port to...

i will try this today
hmmmm..
with tx-rx and rx-tx the cli will not give an connection error, the connect icon shows connected. but i can't get any info from the aiop.

mavlink won't connect ether.

do i need to change anything in cinfig.h and try to upload agian to get mavlink working over ftdi?

also wold it be possible to try to get my apc working over the ftdi port? (brought the port to my nifty and easy to use breakout board, so trying things is getting easier and easier!

also on a side note...
i ordered a new AIOP in the UK so i could have a new one within a week, and ordered some other stuff the same day from china, this stuff i was i no rush to get.. now take a wild guess what i got today in the mail one week after ordering, and what i did not get
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:20 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
401 Posts
Quote:
hmmmm..
with tx-rx and rx-tx the cli will not give an connection error, the connect icon shows connected. but i can't get any info from the aiop.

mavlink won't connect ether.

do i need to change anything in cinfig.h and try to upload agian to get mavlink working over ftdi?

also wold it be possible to try to get my apc working over the ftdi port? (brought the port to my nifty and easy to use breakout board, so trying things is getting easier and easier!

also on a side note...
i ordered a new AIOP in the UK so i could have a new one within a week, and ordered some other stuff the same day from china, this stuff i was i no rush to get.. now take a wild guess what i got today in the mail one week after ordering, and what i did not get

No need to change any setting on the Crius or edit the APM_Config.h to get the 3DR's to work with the FTDi port.. just set the baud rate of the 3DR's to 115,200 baud.. should work ok.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
No need to change any setting on the Crius or edit the APM_Config.h to get the 3DR's to work with the FTDi port.. just set the baud rate of the 3DR's to 115,200 baud.. should work ok.
yeah 3DR.. but what about APC22#?

nah.. worth a long shot.. i'll try later on!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:06 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
401 Posts
Quote:
yeah 3DR.. but what about APC22#?

nah.. worth a long shot.. i'll try later on!
Sorry missread the post.. no reason they should not work though..
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
cool!

and on a side note..
my second AIOP has arrived! woot! it's the v1.1 the usb is soldered to the board with 4 points to the housing and it has green pins...

tried to upload firmware.. error.. dangit..

wrong board selected.. the mouse moved during clicking... it took me some time to fugure that one out! lol
it's compiling now as we speak.

now if this board is programmed i use it to check the APC230 over the ftdi port..
exiting!

..........uploading...............

done!!!

i'll fire up the misson planner now

everything is Aok!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:31 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,264 Posts
@ dutchcommando, If I were you I'd still reinforce that usb hub with some 5 minute epoxy
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:50 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,087 Posts
Quote:
cool!

and on a side note..
my second AIOP has arrived! woot! it's the v1.1 the usb is soldered to the board with 4 points to the housing and it has green pins...

tried to upload firmware.. error.. dangit..

wrong board selected.. the mouse moved during clicking... it took me some time to fugure that one out! lol
it's compiling now as we speak.

now if this board is programmed i use it to check the APC230 over the ftdi port..
exiting!

..........uploading...............

done!!!

i'll fire up the misson planner now

everything is Aok!
yea i was gonna ask, how is the soldering on the v1.1 on its usb look compare to the 1.0?
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
Jumpy07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
Default Baudrate on FTDi/S0 is 115,200 and the Default Baudrate on Tx3/Rx3 is 57,600 so make sure you change the baudrate of the 3DR's to match.

Have you edited APM_Config.h for your GPS ?, you say it works by itself.. can you explain how you test it ? If it doesent show a position on Mission Planner then its probably not working.
my GPS works when i Connect with USB from my pc and shows a position on mission planner but when i connect usion 3Dradio doesnot shows GPS position on mission planner
HOW do I change the Boudrate on remote to connect via FTDI insted of TX3
/RX3
THANKYOU
jraulj is offline Find More Posts by jraulj
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
401 Posts
You say connect.. but can you see other data from the Crius AIO ? do they actually connect ?

Have a look at this.. link to 3DR tool to change baud rate http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/3DRadio

Link to config tool for 3DR Radios http://vps.oborne.me/3drradioconfig.zip