HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:00 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,264 Posts
my GPS stopped working too... it worked only once. since then I've been unable to get a GPS lock as well, also CN-06

I have a new one coming, a CN-06 v2

hope it works
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:00 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
Hey guys, which would be the best GPS for this board? the MTK3329 or a CN06?

Thanks!

P.
Get the Crius CN-06 v2.

Where are you buying from?
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Dec 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Get the Crius CN-06 v2.

Where are you buying from?

TheFernMan, just reading up at the moment, do you have a good suggestion for where to get the CN-06 V2?
Phroz is offline Find More Posts by Phroz
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
TheFernMan, just reading up at the moment, do you have a good suggestion for where to get the CN-06 V2?
Im just buying all my stuff now and im getting the CRIUS board and the V2 gps for www.rctimer.com ..... just my 2 cents haha
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:06 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
I find rctimer brilliant. Just be sure to pay the $2 for registered shipping as unregistered takes forever. Registered gets to here in a little over a week.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:16 AM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
well my replacement microUSB sockets arrived today. It turns out the solder pads were ripped away when the original socket broke off, so I had to scratch down to the paths themselves and try soldering on wires to the replacement socket. To put a long, extremely frustrating night short, it didn't work. The mass of the thin wires was enough to continually pull apart the tiny solder joints. Now I don't have a USB socket or even traces for one to connect too, because even the traces got pulled off. Basicly this thing's never going to have USB functionality again.

So, my question: How else can I flash the board? I know I can't do it using the APC220s connected to the serial port, but does the FTDI port work for flashing? I'd need to get a USB to FTDI board (yet ANOTHER expense due to this DEFECTIVE v1.0 board ) but atleast I wouldn't have to replace the whole board (I really don't have the money for that).
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:11 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro_wanabe View Post
well my replacement microUSB sockets arrived today. It turns out the solder pads were ripped away when the original socket broke off, so I had to scratch down to the paths themselves and try soldering on wires to the replacement socket. To put a long, extremely frustrating night short, it didn't work. The mass of the thin wires was enough to continually pull apart the tiny solder joints. Now I don't have a USB socket or even traces for one to connect too, because even the traces got pulled off. Basicly this thing's never going to have USB functionality again.

So, my question: How else can I flash the board? I know I can't do it using the APC220s connected to the serial port, but does the FTDI port work for flashing? I'd need to get a USB to FTDI board (yet ANOTHER expense due to this DEFECTIVE v1.0 board ) but atleast I wouldn't have to replace the whole board (I really don't have the money for that).
Yes, you can use FTDI port, but you must desolder FTDI onboard and use external cable with FTDI chip (or other USB to COM port).
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:24 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro_wanabe View Post

The FTDi port, S0 and Console port is the same port, so in theory yes... you will need a suitable USB adapter... http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/view...dparentcat=504

Danger is if the tracks are that badly damaged that you have also damaged the FTDi port.
Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:48 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
right.. i should have thought about the ftdi port....
i had the usb break clean off with taking the traces with it to...
i ordered a new AIOP.. bit i could use the ftdi port to...

i will try this today
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
Y6 Problem with Megapirate NG 2.7 R4 (Multiwii works)

PROBLEM is on Crius AIO Pro Y6 With MegaPirate NG 2.7 R4.

When I hold it it looks like it wants to fly, but as soon as I give it a little more remote input it reacts pretty violently.
The general reactions on tilting the frame seem to be fine. I tried stable and acro mode- pretty much the same.
Also extremely violent reaction to YAW- through remote in or when I yaw the frame by hand it feels like it wants to flip.
I tried to change the PID values A LOT- still no big difference.

My Setup:

- pretty stiff Y6 Frame, arm lenght 21cm
- Turnigy 2822/17 1100KV Motors
- 8x4.5 Props
- Turnigy Plush 10A ESC connected to 2,3,5,6,7,8 according to "Crius All in One Pro v1.3docx"
- Frsky PPM Sum receiver connected to Throttle port
- total weight around

Motor setup as in:

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&...7Ei6cvhu4lg7lg.

In the APM Planner Mav 1.0 / 1.2.13 everything looks good.
I get reasonable remote values,
I was able to calibrate the remote, the ESCs were calibrated before with a servo- tester.
The CHNout values also look reasonable to me (?).

With Multiwii 2.1 (PPM on RX1, motor connections according to Multi Wii) it works fine and flies pretty stable even with preset PID values.

Does somebody have an idea on this- or even better- IS there somebody form the HAMBURG, GERMANY area to meet up and give me some "hands on" support?
I am really stuck and even though it works fine with MultiWii I would love to use MegaPirate because I already built quite a lot MultiWiis (and love them...)!

RQuad is offline Find More Posts by RQuad
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
right.. i should have thought about the ftdi port....
i had the usb break clean off with taking the traces with it to...
i ordered a new AIOP.. bit i could use the ftdi port to...

i will try this today
Sounds like somebody might get to build an extra quad
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:37 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
785 Posts
Hi All,would any one have a spare set of cables for the AIOP+the two prong pin for power in,my doggie appears to have eaten/hidden my set,many thanks in advance your's,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:53 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RQuad View Post
PROBLEM is on Crius AIO Pro Y6 With MegaPirate NG 2.7 R4.

When I hold it it looks like it wants to fly, but as soon as I give it a little more remote input it reacts pretty violently.
The general reactions on tilting the frame seem to be fine. I tried stable and acro mode- pretty much the same.
Also extremely violent reaction to YAW- through remote in or when I yaw the frame by hand it feels like it wants to flip.
I tried to change the PID values A LOT- still no big difference.

My Setup:

- pretty stiff Y6 Frame, arm lenght 21cm
- Turnigy 2822/17 1100KV Motors
- 8x4.5 Props
- Turnigy Plush 10A ESC connected to 2,3,5,6,7,8 according to "Crius All in One Pro v1.3docx"
- Frsky PPM Sum receiver connected to Throttle port
- total weight around

Motor setup as in:

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&...7Ei6cvhu4lg7lg.

In the APM Planner Mav 1.0 / 1.2.13 everything looks good.
I get reasonable remote values,
I was able to calibrate the remote, the ESCs were calibrated before with a servo- tester.
The CHNout values also look reasonable to me (?).

With Multiwii 2.1 (PPM on RX1, motor connections according to Multi Wii) it works fine and flies pretty stable even with preset PID values.

Does somebody have an idea on this- or even better- IS there somebody form the HAMBURG, GERMANY area to meet up and give me some "hands on" support?
I am really stuck and even though it works fine with MultiWii I would love to use MegaPirate because I already built quite a lot MultiWiis (and love them...)!

Could you post a screenshot of your pids? I've accidentally entered say 0.8 rather than 0.08 ect and my quad would almost flip with any amount of throttle.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:56 AM
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
I thought you were gone, what's taking you so long to leave? Beat it.
Makes me laugh how your all happy to learn from the manual Quadframes put up but now coming out with rubbish like this and editing your posts to add a picture of your own lounge.
Too many on here happy to take take take but never actually imput anything of use.
Oh and don't bother replying as you will notice from my post count I rarely come onto RC Groups
MonkeysPunk is offline Find More Posts by MonkeysPunk
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:07 AM
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonera View Post
Know what you mean,.. allways annoys me when forums force you to do that.

Looks like the forum is run by the same people that run www.quadrames.co.uk hence Quadframes is probably the owner..nothing wrong with that but worth understanding the motivation I guess.. and hence why he probably wasnt happy with Jumpy07 writing his own Crius guide.
Got to put you straight on this mate. If Quadframes is using the forum as a way to promote is shop I think he must be out of business by now. I have been looking and find it hard to find any mention of the shop in any of his posts. But hey look at it this way, your doing a bit of advertising with your post I quoted
MonkeysPunk is offline Find More Posts by MonkeysPunk