SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055 View Post
As opposed to Fpv airplane in quad the video tx and the remote control receiver are very close to each other and the range reduced dramatically . The same setup (frsky and 1.2 mhz fox 800 ) that I used and got 1km with my Bixler in my 450 quad the ranged reduced to 50m!!!
Now I am moving to UHF system (dragon link ) in order to enjoy Fpv with my quad .
Get one of these for your 1.3 vtx and you will get at least a few 100 meters of range.

The harmonics from the 1.3 vtx kill the range of 2.4ghz control if you don't use a filter.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:23 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,325 Posts
I got my new 3DR radio system installed and I have to say it's great making adjustments live without having to plug the quad into the computer with a usb cable. Makes tuning alot faster and less hassle.

Now if I could only figure out why my quad's yaw drifts...
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:39 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
802 Posts
How childish can people get,someone tries to help the community by putting information in one place and gets BANNED,surely the idea of the forum is to help one another,this is rubbish,and the mods should sort it out,just my thought's,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw View Post
Get one of these for your 1.3 vtx and you will get at least a few 100 meters of range.

The harmonics from the 1.3 vtx kill the range of 2.4ghz control if you don't use a filter.
I am using 1.3mhz low-pass filter :
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=484

Without it the range on my bixler decrease to 300 meter. If you want to enjoy Fpv in Israel you must switch into UHF .
liorz055 is offline Find More Posts by liorz055
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hungary, Pest County, Tököl
Joined Oct 2010
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
I used the throttle input pin input to get it working ..A8 , yes un-comment that line.
That worked, thanks! Just had to set the TX to standard to have the main channels in a correct way for my mode 2 transmitter.
icah is online now Find More Posts by icah
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
I got my new 3DR radio system installed and I have to say it's great making adjustments live without having to plug the quad into the computer with a usb cable. Makes tuning alot faster and less hassle.

Now if I could only figure out why my quad's yaw drifts...
If it drifts slowly over a minute or so there is not a lot you can do other than enabling the onboard compass, gyros always drift a little like that. I term will help for drift that occurs within seconds.
npre is online now Find More Posts by npre
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:32 PM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
1,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
can someone please post a snapshot or advice on where to find the default PIDs in megapirateNG? I have been playing around in mine and didn't write down the defaults...
Please?
compuatic is offline Find More Posts by compuatic
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:33 PM
NDw
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Some fpv in the garden on a windless day (ground recording).

Addictive.
Crius AIOP Megapirateng Fpv (5 min 59 sec)
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:51 PM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
1,010 Posts
NDW and Titus, can you guys post your latest PIDs please?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:57 PM
NDw
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
These are my latest although I havn't been playing with loiter ect recently

Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:06 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npre View Post
If it drifts slowly over a minute or so there is not a lot you can do other than enabling the onboard compass, gyros always drift a little like that. I term will help for drift that occurs within seconds.
which I term are you refering too? rate, stabilize or stabilize yaw or rate yaw?

My compass is enabled because I have a GPS onboard, but the GPS seems to have stopped working (it worked one time and since I can't get a GPS lock)...
Last edited by Titus Gordon; Oct 05, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:09 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
NDW and Titus, can you guys post your latest PIDs please?
I just put some new motors and gear on my quad last night and reflashed it, so I have to start tuning all over, so I have nothing useful to post atm. But I'll post them when I have something worthwhile.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:13 PM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
1,010 Posts
NDW, what motor kv / props are you using?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:16 PM
NDw
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
1200 kv and 8 x 4.5 props on 3 cell. And on a 450 frame.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:21 PM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
1,010 Posts
Thanks! I'm using 980kvs, 8x4.5 on a 4S. Spider frame. should be close.

I spent an hour dialing in the parameters yesterday. No oscillations at this point but i feel that stabilization should be better. The quad isn't unstable by any means but i am constantly correcting to keep it from wandering around. I'm not sure what to play with to keep it more steady. Altitude is constantly changing as well, its either drifting up slowly or down slowly (not using altitude hold).