140 Posts
And some diagram of the IC?
janekx is offline Find More Posts by janekx
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:40 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra
Joined Jul 2011
505 Posts
there is one in the link I posted... just forgot one more thing, you have to flash the ATTiny4313 with a programmer.
All are easy tasks but you have to study a bit this subject.
flyboygaac is offline Find More Posts by flyboygaac
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:49 PM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
140 Posts
Ok thanks will look there but saw only some text files
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:58 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra
Joined Jul 2011
505 Posts
The link I send in the bottom of the page you have a schematics made with text...

I found this in forums and in RCG. Sorry I did not save the author for credits.
http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...1549&start=120
flyboygaac is offline Find More Posts by flyboygaac
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:03 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
APC220 & Bluetooth connected to the FC

The better option would be to make a APC-BT bridge, connect the ground APC unit to the BT (Both powered by same battery) then you can connect to PC & Android by BT & still have the extra range.

BT for fast in field adjustments and apc 220 for the missionplanner.
my laptop has no BT, not do i have a loose BT usb dongle.
but your option looks promising! very smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
3DR is REALLY better:
- its working on real 57600 speed, my APC220 is only 19200, and I got a error when tried to change any settings
- its 100mW vs 10mW in APC - distance is bigger
- its can be configured from Mission Planner
yeah, but i had a apc230 laying around collecting dust.. 9yeah.. it's not a 220 but a 230.. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISGA1A View Post
Thanks, that's what I did but it wont connect. I know the APC's do communicate. They work great on my OP CC board with the same settings.
Does anything have to be changed in the code or in Mission Planer to enable port 3. I see its set to 57600.
I choose the com port that the APC's connected to but the connection just times out.
I was considering a set of 3DR's but if the APC's wont connect that might be a waist...

Chris
you have to change the boud to 57600 in the config.
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:56 AM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
My APC220 had problems with changing any settings via APM Planner, so data from quad was "read-only". Have you solved this problem?
Its annoyed me, I change modems to 3DR, and all working fine.

I also have 4 APC220, bought them when they were cheap But now 3DR is only 10$ more expensive on GLB, so its not a great difference.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:33 AM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboygaac View Post
The link I send in the bottom of the page you have a schematics made with text...

I found this in forums and in RCG. Sorry I did not save the author for credits.
http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...1549&start=120
Thanks, it looks easy
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:14 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
at this time, sonar isn't supported in mwc, there are juste some validated implementation for querying native i2c sonar or i2c wrapper and some light playing (no sonar althold or takeoff/landing a this moment)

by the way, if you want to play with althold/sonar code and trying to implement missing stuff without native i2c sonar, sr04 has 2 available implementation for mwc (not yet officially "validated") but working with mega128/256 hardware including crius aio pro (and in some case mega32 too). You could find impl in mwc forum at "attempt to impl sonar" topic in "ideas" sub.
penpen is offline Find More Posts by penpen
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
Magnetometer problem

Hi everyone,

actually i'm using MW2.1. After the magnetometer calibration, seems everything correct in the GUI, but if I arm my quadcopter and move the throttle till 50% or more I'm getting an error of about 90 degrees counterclockwise.

My quadcopter is a 57cm motor to motor and I've placed all the four ESC under the distribuition board.

Should I decentralize the magnetometer somehow?

I've some freescale MAG3110 at home, and I may prepare a test PCB to test different positions of the magnetometer.

I can't figure out if it's a motor or an ESC problem. Anyone had the same problem?

Any idea?
_AjK_ is offline Find More Posts by _AjK_
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:12 AM
DVE
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Put the board higher from the wires, or use another magnetometer via I2C port.

You may look at Naza, how they placed Mag/gps board.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:34 AM
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
Does the NAZA use the GPS antenna support to hold also the magnetometer?

Actually I'm using the same method for my GPS antenna, I may move the magnetometer there too.

Thanks for the reply, I hope it will help me

Before desoldering the AIOP magnetometer I would like to use my own MAG3110 on an homemade PCB, where may I look to get more infos about the I2C address of the magnetometer?

I will get a look at the MW code.
_AjK_ is offline Find More Posts by _AjK_
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:50 AM
DVE
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
I think, you don't need to desolder magnetometer, just use another type model, and change I2C address and type in defines. Hope, it will work.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:57 AM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Hi guys ,
I need some help with altitude hold and loiter calibrations in Megapirate (mission planner ).
When I apply alt hold and loiter under no wind condition the quad is rock solid and impressively maintains its position and altitude , however when I try alt hold and loiter on mild wind , it's a completely different story. It's seem that the quad reply to late , in alt hold it drops down then employing the motors and go above the desired hight and again replies too late reduce motor and then descending too much and again employs motor too late , the amplitude of the change is reducing and it's take about 3 cycles like that until its hold its altitude in -+ 1 meter.
I try to follow the instruction here :
http://arducopter.googlecode.com/files/APM2_Quad_AltHold_Loiter_1.pdf
But, I can't define what is the phenomena that I see, and which PID settings should I change.
Thanks in advance
Lior
liorz055 is offline Find More Posts by liorz055
Last edited by liorz055; Sep 25, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:36 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Hi, so I've been trying to tune the pids by doing just the rate pids first in acro mode. At about 0.220 the quad feels very stable, but oscillates alot. If I lower the pids to where it stops oscillating the quad feels very sloppy and hard to control. Any ideas? Might increasing the i pid help?
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:57 AM
United States, SC, Ridge Spring
Joined May 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055 View Post
Hi guys ,
I need some help with altitude hold and loiter calibrations in Megapirate (mission planner ).
When I apply alt hold and loiter under no wind condition the quad is rock solid and impressively maintains its position and altitude , however when I try alt hold and loiter on mild wind , it's a completely different story. It's seem that the quad reply to late , in alt hold it drops down then employing the motors and go above the desired hight and again replies too late reduce motor and then descending too much and again employs motor too late , the amplitude of the change is reducing and it's take about 3 cycles like that until its hold its altitude in -+ 1 meter.
I try to follow the instruction here :
http://arducopter.googlecode.com/fil...d_Loiter_1.pdf
But, I can't define what is the phenomena that I see, and which PID settings should I change.
Thanks in advance
Lior
I'm having the same problems--pretty good hold when it is dead calm, and then wandering in the wind in either alt hold or loiter. If anyone has figured this out, looks like we could use some help.
Boykintom is offline Find More Posts by Boykintom