HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,095 Posts
i guess the best way to describe it is on some of the flybarless controllers in helis they have a port were a satellite rx can be plugged in which makes it not necessary to have a full size rx...satallite just receives the signal and directs it to what ever its plugged into (flybarless controller) and it controls the servos ect...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:02 PM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
140 Posts
Crius can be enhanced with GPS reciever and sonar but not sure how about heli.

Flybarless mens that FC control all and you easily say where fly?
janekx is offline Find More Posts by janekx
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:23 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
COOL! i hooked it up to the apm planner and (with a longer delay than i'm used to with the BV board) i get perfect read outs.. and i haven't calibrated anything..

board only test no additional sensors and gizmos.
without calibrating level or anything else all movements are correct on the artificial horizon even mag...

first i will make a connector board for the GPS, baro, apc220 and BT. (easier to service than the provided wires. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
i think the problem is i didn't deleted the original files..
i thought i should open the attitude.PDE?

that's a smart tip!
will use it!

that would be the arduino 2560 mega or or mega adk right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

compiling now....
all looking good!

uploading now........
done!

without any error!

thanks guys!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have to go to work now

i will hook it up to APM planner when i come home again.
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:14 PM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
1,009 Posts
Guys, am i correct in assuming that after loading the meapirateng latest firmware, all the resources available on arducopter homepage would apply? All the wiki info, downloads, how tos, features and setups are 100% compatible?

Any difference between the megapirateng firmware and arducopter other than the hardware its used on?
compuatic is offline Find More Posts by compuatic
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:22 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,325 Posts
From what I can see so far, yes.. I've been following the tuning guides and stuff and using the ardupilot mission planner.. flight mode switches, in flight tuning, all seems to work fine.

I had my quad outside today for its first successfull test hovers, I dialed in the rates with a dial on my radio. The very first hover was noticable wobbly until I dialed them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
Guys, am i correct in assuming that after loading the meapirateng latest firmware, all the resources available on arducopter homepage would apply? All the wiki info, downloads, how tos, features and setups are 100% compatible?

Any difference between the megapirateng firmware and arducopter other than the hardware its used on?
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined Jun 2008
41 Posts
How do you get a hold of Nina?

Hi,

I was supposed to receive a replacement multiwii SE from rctimer but have yet to receive it. They said it was shipped out over a month and half ago but conviently they did not ship it with a tracking number. Last communication with Nina was well over a week ago and she still has not responded after asking her kindly in emails what the status was. Unfortunately it's past the 45 days for PayPal to help so I am at their mercy.
Still something is fishy, no tracking number on a replacement unit? If rctimer makes good on their promise of replacing my defective multiwii SE I will promptly report back. As of right now I'm rather unhappy with rctimer and PayPal.
If anyone knows Nina's Skype address I would greatly appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara View Post
I've said in a different thread, and I'm repeating here: I'll never ever again lift a BMP085 in the air unless I'm too lazy to desolder it and there's a MS5611 on the same bus on it's alternate address.

@helidex: RcTimer is a dream-shop. They ship next day, don't have stock issues, don't charge for shipping and have rock-bottom prices. I've even had the surprise to have two of my orders (larger ones, $300+) automagically upgraded to DHL superfast delivery. Plus there's Nina on skype if you're in trouble.

@e_lm_70: I once wanted to have all-weather capability on an APM2.0 and lacquered the ESCs, hot-glue-and-shrinkwrap all connections and put FC and electronics in an almost airtight box. Needless to say, the quad didn't have any AH capability If you look closely, there's a "not" in my post above.
jtpile is offline Find More Posts by jtpile
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:24 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
i guess the best way to describe it is on some of the flybarless controllers in helis they have a port were a satellite rx can be plugged in which makes it not necessary to have a full size rx...satallite just receives the signal and directs it to what ever its plugged into (flybarless controller) and it controls the servos ect...
Sorry, but MPNG firmware doesn't support satellites. Also as far as I know - nobody tried(make flight) it in Heli mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic
Yes, except some features like data logging into internal EEPROM (since there is no FC that support this). OpticalFlow was eliminated. Also we are not supported Maxbotix sonars (only DYP-ME007).
Sir Alex is offline Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Sep 2011
40 Posts
I got my replacement board there was no tracking number. But I also got a new frame at the same time. They just threw the broad in with the frame. No mention of the board was in the tracking info. They may not keep records of replacement boards for tax purposes? It can take way over a month some times? Very frustrating I know. Do you live in the States? I'm waiting on some new motors from HK. They have been stuck in New York customs for 3 weeks. Just today they have finally moved.
Trauma50 is offline Find More Posts by Trauma50
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:21 AM
Deutschland, BW, Sankt Georgen
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
hello,

it may be that from the MultiWii 2.1, only the sonar called SRF10, SRF08, etc so only with the ic2 bus and not the normal and so called HC-SR04
wilari is offline Find More Posts by wilari
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
connector board

i don't liked the fidling around with molex connectors and having to extend them with dupont cable and such..

but i wanted to have a easy serviceable Hexa, and swapping gps and such should be easy..

so after a short look at the Xbee/gps board i had an idea.

here's what i will connect to the AOP: (GPS, Bluetooth, APC220. plus sonar)

i made a bread board for the connectors and connected the molex cables to the board.

plenty of room for servo cables:

(yes baro needs some foam )
the sonar still has to go to the extend board (trigger and echo from next to the mot outputs if i'm correct?) vcc and GND will come from the S1~S3 feed.
tha AIOP will be fed through 5.5V UBEC. (jumper removed)

i want the status leds on the extend board to, but i'm not quit sure how to do that.
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:06 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,325 Posts
which chip is the baro on the Crius AIO?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:14 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
i don't liked the fidling around with molex connectors and having to extend them with dupont cable and such..

but i wanted to have a easy serviceable Hexa, and swapping gps and such should be easy..

so after a short look at the Xbee/gps board i had an idea.

here's what i will connect to the AOP: (GPS, Bluetooth, APC220. plus sonar)
APC220 & Bluetooth connected to the FC

The better option would be to make a APC-BT bridge, connect the ground APC unit to the BT (Both powered by same battery) then you can connect to PC & Android by BT & still have the extra range.

nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
which chip is the baro on the Crius AIO?
MS5611 Baro
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,325 Posts
is the chip labeled on the board? shouldn't be hard to find it then?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
is the chip labeled on the board? shouldn't be hard to find it then?
it's tiny, but it's the only one with holes in the top!
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre