HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:44 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
In 'settings' on copter_GCS (on my Android 3.0 tablet) it offers bluetooth or USB. Does that mean you can connect the tablet to AIOP using a USB adapter?

Does anyone know if that works with MPNG?

Which protocol is correct? MAVLINK?
Choose UBLOX in the sketch as all the baud rates etc are automagically setup for you, Multiwii guys have to manually do alot more, MPNG = Easy...set and forget!
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:05 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Quote:
Where on the AIOP do you connect the uBEC? Should the yellow jumper be removed or not?

I was thinking to plug the uBEC into one of the unused ESC/motor ports (just as if it was the BEC on an ESC providing the power). In that case, I guess I would have the yellow jumper FITTED?

Is that correct?

I have been powering the AIOP using a 3s LiPo into 'Extend Power In' & also had the USB connected at the same time & it doesn't seem to have damaged anything as far as I can tell.
Download the manual here to get an understanding as to what is where

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=5087290
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
I had a bit of time this afternoon and played around with the settings to try and get it sorted, and see although the GPS is running and providing a position it doesn't appear to be providing any navigation data, ie, the altitude and speed are way off and the distance from home is always 0

When I switch the GPS into "Position Hold" nothing much appears to happen but switch it to "RTH" and it piros and starts heading bush!!

Am I missing something??

Thanks,

Lance

Name: Screen Shot.jpg
Views: 264
Size: 144.5 KB
Description:
Vortexxx is offline Find More Posts by Vortexxx
Last edited by Vortexxx; Sep 17, 2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:08 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Where on the AIOP do you connect the uBEC? Should the yellow jumper be removed or not?

I was thinking to plug the uBEC into one of the unused ESC/motor ports (just as if it was the BEC on an ESC providing the power). In that case, I guess I would have the yellow jumper FITTED?

Is that correct?

I have been powering the AIOP using a 3s LiPo into 'Extend Power In' & also had the USB connected at the same time & it doesn't seem to have damaged anything as far as I can tell.
You connect the UBEC to the "Extend power In" & remove the yellow jumper.

It is fine to power the board this way with battery & connect USB.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:11 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortexxx View Post
I had a bit of time this afternoon and played around with the settings to try and get it sorted, and see although the GPS is running and providing a position it doesn't appear to be providing any navigation data, ie, the altitude and speed are way off and the distance from home is always 0

When I switch the GPS into "Position Hold" nothing much appears to happen but switch it to "RTH" and it piros and starts heading bush!!

Am I missing something??

Thanks,

Lance

Attachment 5162040
Have you calibrated the Mag(compass)?

You can also add your declination in the sketch before compiling & uploading.

[EDIT]
Also the MW-WINGUI is a lot better for GPS testing, I never use the other GUI.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:20 AM
Naza, Rabbit, FF, MWC, FY
Saint-Petersburg Russia
Joined Jun 2008
186 Posts
Hi guys!

Just have tested ArduCamOSD with MegapirateNG running on Crius AIO board, it's amazing!
It was very strong wind and my small F330 quad almost going to fly away! Lucky at all, it was found by HOME DIST meter on the near field (GPS coordinates was disabled - it was so pity)

Testing MegapirateNG with ArduCamOSD (3 min 21 sec)
RCWingFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RCWingFlyer
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:10 AM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Cool flight
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:19 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWingFlyer View Post
Hi guys!

Just have tested ArduCamOSD with MegapirateNG running on Crius AIO board, it's amazing!
It was very strong wind and my small F330 quad almost going to fly away! Lucky at all, it was found by HOME DIST meter on the near field (GPS coordinates was disabled - it was so pity)
Great stuff! Do you have pictures of your setup, ie wiring and hardware used?
RHTizzy is offline Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:40 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Arducam OSD Board

Here is the link: Arducam OSD Board
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Have you calibrated the Mag(compass)?

You can also add your declination in the sketch before compiling & uploading.

[EDIT]
Also the MW-WINGUI is a lot better for GPS testing, I never use the other GUI.
Hi nebstress, I did calibrate the Mag compass but will do it again to see if it makes any difference. I actually run both WinGUI and the MWGUI.......There is not a lot of GPS info on the WinGUI so I have been using the other for checking.

How do I go about adding the declination and will it make much of a difference??

Thanks,

Lance
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:25 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortexxx View Post
Hi nebstress, I did calibrate the Mag compass but will do it again to see if it makes any difference. I actually run both WinGUI and the MWGUI.......There is not a lot of GPS info on the WinGUI so I have been using the other for checking.

How do I go about adding the declination and will it make much of a difference??

Thanks,

Lance
After calibrating the Compass you should see it working correctly in the WINGUI, ie; West = West, South = South, etc & when you turn your multicopter 45 it should show a 45 turn & turn it 90 should show 90 turn in the GUI etc.
Its also a good idea to check it with motors running to make sure they don't affect the compass.

You add your declination in Config.h of the MultiWii sketch (near the bottom) there are also instructions.
It depends on what your Declination actually is to whether it will make a big affect or not.

There are lots of sites that you can use to find you declination if you don't know what it is already, HERE is one site but google is your friend to find many more.

[EDIT]
Surely you don't mean that there is not alot of GPS info in the 'WIN'GUI?
The WINGUI has more GPS info than the GUI that comes with the firmware plus the compass info is better & it explains how to do the Compass Calibration properly.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
After calibrating the Compass you should see it working correctly in the WINGUI, ie; West = West, South = South, etc & when you turn your multicopter 45 it should show a 45 turn & turn it 90 should show 90 turn in the GUI etc.
Its also a good idea to check it with motors running to make sure they don't affect the compass.

You add your declination in Config.h of the MultiWii sketch (near the bottom) there are also instructions.
It depends on what your Declination actually is to whether it will make a big affect or not.

There are lots of sites that you can use to find you declination if you don't know what it is already, HERE is one site but google is your friend to find many more.

[EDIT]
Surely you don't mean that there is not alot of GPS info in the 'WIN'GUI?
The WINGUI has more GPS info than the GUI that comes with the firmware plus the compass info is better & it explains how to do the Compass Calibration properly.
Yes the Mag is working correctly and I just recalibrated it and it made no difference to the GPS. I thought declination would have been something similar to variation......I will look into it more in the morning.

All that's in my WinGUI for the compass is number of sats, distance home and direction. MWGUI has in addition to these.....speed, altitude and the lat & long

Interestingly the lat & long coordinates are not stable....even with 9 sats locked in. When checking the GPS in U-center the location is stable so there is something going on.

I might try relocating the GPS antenna and see if that makes any difference.

Regards,

Lance
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,277 Posts
hi..
I defined ... #define GPS_BAUD 9600 (to 9600 than 115200) and is working...see'ing 6-8 satelite and sat co-ord.. in MWii config..
reading this thread don't see to many mention bout gps being this rate (9600)..

should my gps rate be higher (11500 etc.)..
i have this gps ..MediaTek MT3329 GPS 10Hz
https://store.diydrones.com/ProductD...29-02&CartID=1

barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
Problem with AIOP Extend Board

Please help I'm getting nowhere. I bought a AIOP with the Extend Board. I'm running Arduino 1.1 MultiWii 2.1. I deleted the GPS.ino code and replaced it with ESOBANDIS code. I added the following lines to config h
//#define NMEA
#define UBLOX
// #define MTK
#define GPS_LEAD_FILTER
//#define GPS_FILTERING
//#define NAV_SLEW_RATE 30

Then added these lines to Multiwii.ino
#if defined(GPS_SERIAL)

#if defined(UBLOX)
UBLOX_init();
delay(200);
#endif

#if defined(MTK)
MTK_init();
delay(200);
#endif
When I try to upload it gives me an
( ERROR COMPILING ) ( error: unterminated #if )
Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.
flash301 is offline Find More Posts by flash301
Last edited by flash301; Sep 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:52 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash301 View Post
Please help I'm getting nowhere. I bought a AIOP with the Extend Board. I'm running Arduino 1.1 MultiWii 2.1. I deleted the GPS.ino code and replaced it with ESOBANDIS code. I added the following lines to config h
//#define NMEA
#define UBLOX
// #define MTK
#define GPS_LEAD_FILTER
//#define GPS_FILTERING
//#define NAV_SLEW_RATE 30

Then added these lines to Multiwii.ino
#if defined(GPS_SERIAL)

#if defined(UBLOX)
UBLOX_init();
delay(200);
#endif

#if defined(MTK)
MTK_init();
delay(200);
#endif
When I try to upload it gives me an
( ERROR COMPILING ) error: unterminated #if
Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.
It sounds like you have either put the code in the wrong places (should be in the GPS sections) or left duplicate lines of code together.

In Config.h the section with the new code added should look like this (Code added is in blue):
You must also change the Baud to 57600.

Code:
  /**************************************************************************************/
  /***********************                  GPS                **************************/
  /**************************************************************************************/
    //#define NMEA
    #define UBLOX
   // #define MTK

#define GPS_LEAD_FILTER

//#define GPS_FILTERING
//#define NAV_SLEW_RATE              30 

/* GPS using a SERIAL port
       only available on MEGA boards (this might be possible on 328 based boards in the future)
       if enabled, define here the Arduino Serial port number and the UART speed
       note: only the RX PIN is used, the GPS is not configured by multiwii
       the GPS must be configured to output GGA and RMC NMEA sentences (which is generally the default conf for most GPS devices)
       at least 5Hz update rate. uncomment the first line to select the GPS serial port of the arduino */
    #define GPS_SERIAL 2 // should be 2 for flyduino v2. It's the serial port number on arduino MEGA
    #define GPS_BAUD   57600

//#define GPS_PROMINI_SERIAL    57600 // Will Autosense if GPS is connected when ardu boots
In Multiwii.ino the section with the new code added should look like this (Code added is in blue):

Code:
  calibratingG = 400;
  #if defined(POWERMETER)
    for(uint8_t i=0;i<=PMOTOR_SUM;i++)
      pMeter[i]=0;
  #endif
  #if defined(ARMEDTIMEWARNING)
    ArmedTimeWarningMicroSeconds = (ARMEDTIMEWARNING *1000000);
  #endif
  /************************************/

#if defined(GPS_SERIAL)

#if defined(UBLOX)
   UBLOX_init();
   delay(200);
  #endif

#if defined(MTK)
   MTK_init();
   delay(200);
#endif

SerialOpen(GPS_SERIAL,GPS_BAUD);
    delay(400);  
    for(uint8_t i=0;i<=5;i++){
      GPS_NewData(); 
      LEDPIN_ON
      delay(20);
      LEDPIN_OFF
      delay(80);
[EDIT]
I have just read your post again & you say you are using "Arduino 1.1"? You should be using "Arduino 1.0.1"

I have installed the GPS fix in a copy of MultiWii 2.1 & it can be downloaded HERE.
Last edited by nebstress; Sep 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM.