HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:55 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multor View Post
if you have a ftdi, try connecting your bt to your pc. and download any comport serial monitor and see if you can send AT commands, if it turns out you can then the problem is on the board. thou
Thanks - I will try that (just ordered FTDI/USB breakout).
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Dec 2007
89 Posts
hi...

Test Board CRIUS AIO PRO V.1 with MegapirateNG 2.6 R6 and 3DR Robotics telementry (1 min 17 sec)

CAM00250 (1 min 11 sec)
ibooo is offline Find More Posts by ibooo
Last edited by ibooo; Sep 16, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
It's been a long afternoon since I started trying to get the GPS up and running but many thanks to nebstress for making it possible!!!

After I got the sketch sorted, changed the GPS Baud rate and uploaded, the damn thing still wouldn't work so I went back through the sketch and there is a note stating that the GPS needs a minimum of 5hz update rate to work. As soon as I had that changed it was up and running.

This is all new to me so I really appreciate your patience and perseverance!!

Regards,

Lance
Vortexxx is offline Find More Posts by Vortexxx
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:07 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Great, now that I've got everything hooked up, not only do I find out that Copter-GCS was only made for data radio + BT module, but the app crashes whenver you even attempt to do anything with it.

WHY does it not work with just a BT module? It makes perfect sense for quickly tuning your copter and sending new coordinates to it out in the field. I guess the app dev felt otherwise.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:20 AM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,264 Posts
I've read this entire thread (almost twice!) LOL.. I have a question, when I plug in my AIO Pro with MP 2.7 R4 and my CR-06 GPS module and launch the mission planner it says NO GPS until I quickly unplug and replug the power to the Crius then the GPS unit works (currently only connected with USB to my computer for testing.)

Is there a fix for this or am I missing something?
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:24 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
I've read this entire thread (almost twice!) LOL.. I have a question, when I plug in my AIO Pro with MP 2.7 R4 and my CR-06 GPS module and launch the mission planner it says NO GPS until I quickly unplug and replug the power to the Crius then the GPS unit works (currently only connected with USB to my computer for testing.)

Is there a fix for this or am I missing something?
No, I am guessing that is why they have stopped the CN-06 & are now selling the CN-06 'V2' but even then I have heard one person say that the V2 has the same problem.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Great, now that I've got everything hooked up, not only do I find out that Copter-GCS was only made for data radio + BT module, but the app crashes whenver you even attempt to do anything with it.

WHY does it not work with just a BT module? It makes perfect sense for quickly tuning your copter and sending new coordinates to it out in the field. I guess the app dev felt otherwise.
Maybe someone told me this already but my brain wasn't listening. I have the belief that, with the AIOP/megapirateng, Spektrum DX8/AR8000 & the BT module, I will be able to configure the quad using a BT-enabled laptop & mission planner, rather than having to use USB (or preferably using copter_GCS & an Android tablet/phone - although I have kinda given up on that).

Is my belief incorrect?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Who knows, I tried to use my Macbook but then I noticed that there's no Mission Planner for Mac and Windows was installed incorrectly so the BT panel does not work.

Also, I wasted the whole day on my hexa today. I took it apart, twisted EVERY wire in the entire hexa. On every ESC, all the servo leads, receiver wires, LED power wires, all of them. I also put ferrite rings on the receiver wires, GPS wires and some other ones too.

The compass is still misbehaving. Whenever I use simple mode it works fine for a couple of seconds, once in the air the controls turn 90 and that makes simple mode very unreliable if you want to get the hexa back in an emergency. Without a reliable compass most of the advanced features simply do not work!

Now, I'm using the F550 frame and it has a power-distribution board in the bottom plate, the FC is sitting RIGHT ON that plate. Maybe that's the problem.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
Maybe someone told me this already but my brain wasn't listening. I have the belief that, with the AIOP/megapirateng, Spektrum DX8/AR8000 & the BT module, I will be able to configure the quad using a BT-enabled laptop & mission planner, rather than having to use USB (or preferably using copter_GCS & an Android tablet/phone - although I have kinda given up on that).

Is my belief incorrect?
Yes you can connect via Bluetooth to the Mission Planner & configure & Calibrate.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jul 2011
227 Posts
hey guys,

I have this board with MPNG working on it.
Im using DX6i with R910 orange receiver.
RTL works, everything works.

But i have a problem ! when i turn off my transmitter failsafe doesnt activate! I already tried so many things and i cant get this to work.

Things i've tried:
-uncomment #define FAILSAFE
-set failsafe on the receiver to hit 900 instead of the normal 1080 needed for the motor to start
-Go to the parameter windows on APM planner and set THR_FAILSAFE to 1
-Configure the receiver to, in case of power off the transmitter, channel 5 goes to 1670 which the quad enters the flight mode RTL
- all of them at once!

out of ideias!
please help a desperate guy!

thank you!
abriosi is offline Find More Posts by abriosi
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:53 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Bluetooth module issue - solved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Yes you can connect via Bluetooth to the Mission Planner & configure & Calibrate.
Whilst messing around with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (optimistically wondering whether installing the free version of copter_GCS, which I heard is more up to date than the paid-for app. I bought, might solve my BT pairing issue) I noticed that, when the AIOP had power applied, my Spektrum AR8000 status light was erratically flickering rather than it's usual calm blinking. Something I have noticed, & ignored, before.

As they are both operating at 2.4GHz I wondered if they were interfering. So I unplugged the AR8000 Rx &, lo & behold, the Crius bluetooth module burst into life!

I even managed to get copter_GCS on the tablet to talk to the AIOP for a while with heartbeat, status data & the HUD working, before it locked-up.

So does this mean that you can't use the BT module with a 2.4GHz radio setup?

Is anyone else successfully using the BT module with the Spektrum AR8000?

You can see it on the video I posted yesterday on the module on the left:

Crius AIOP/BT module - pairing (0 min 30 sec)
Last edited by KevinBuckley70; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Whilst messing around with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (optimistically wondering whether installing the free version of copter_GCS, which I heard is more up to date than the paid-for app. I bought, might solve my BT pairing issue) I noticed that, when the AIOP had power applied, my Spektrum AR8000 status light was erratically flickering rather than it's usual calm blinking. Something I have noticed, & ignored, before.

As they are both operating at 2.4GHz I wondered if they were interfering. So I unplugged the AR8000 Rx &, lo & behold, the Crius bluetooth module burst into life!

I even managed to get copter_GCS on the tablet to talk to the AIOP for a while with heartbeat, status data & the HUD working, before it locked-up.

So does this mean that you can't use the BT module with a 2.4GHz radio setup?

Is anyone else successfully using the BT module with the Spektrum AR8000?
I don't understand, what else are you using apart from your Spektrum RX,TX that works on 2.4Ghz?

All Spektrum receivers have a system to indicate a loss of signal, this make the LED blink, it will also happen if you turn the RX on before the TX.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:10 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
I don't understand, what else are you using apart from your Spektrum RX that works on 2.4Ghz?
Not the Tx - that was off. WiFi? But everyone has WiFi.

Does the 2.4Ghz Rx also have a back channel (i.e. does it transmit as well as receive)?

Maybe powering the Rx causes the voltage to droop? I am powering the AIOP using extend power in which is then regulated from 12v to whatever on the board. Maybe it doesn't have the current capacity to drive the radio subsystem? Maybe the flickering AR8000 is because its voltage is marginal?

All interesting things to be explored.

EDIT: The Rx wasn't blinking (I know what that looks like) it was flickering erratically.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:16 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Not the Tx - that was off. WiFi? But everyone has WiFi.

Does the 2.4Ghz Rx also have a back channel (i.e. does it transmit as well as receive)?

Maybe powering the Rx causes the voltage to droop? I am powering the AIOP using extend power in which is then regulated from 12v to whatever on the board. Maybe it doesn't have the current capacity to drive the radio subsystem? Maybe the flickering AR8000 is because its voltage is marginal?

All interesting things to be explored.
Your not making any sense

If your TX was off why/how would your WIFI interfere with it? Not that it is even possible!

When powering via the Extend Power In it is advisable to use a UBEC.

As I have already said the RX LED flickering is a normal behavior for Spektrum receivers, it is to indicate a signal loss & will also happen when the RX is turned on before the TX.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Your not making any sense

If your TX was off why/how would your WIFI interfere with it?

When powering via the Extend Power In it is advisable to use a UBEC.

As I have already said the RX LED flickering is a normal behavior for Spektrum receivers, it is to indicate a signal loss & will also happen when the RX is turned on before the TX.
I was answering your question about what other 2.4GHz equipment was around. I didn't say my WiFi interfered with anything.

Maybe you are correct that a UBEC is a good idea - but I thought that the fact the AIOP has a 5v - 12v supply range meant that you didn't need one, as a cost/weight feature of the product perhaps. I will certainly now try powering it differently.

When the Tx is off, the Rx blinks. Solidly. I know what that looks like. What it was doing was not that. It was flickering, sometimes faintly, erratically.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a voltage issue.

I'll test it when I get more time.