SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:09 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
Yes. I guess there is no harm from doubling-up the two grounds though? I did it that way so that, if I need that connector for something else in the future, it still has also it's wires!

Better image attached.
You can remove the wire & put them back in, you just have to lift the little tabs to remove them & to put them back in you just push them in, same as servo connectors.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Have you changed the GPS Baud to 57600 in Config.h?

Code:
#define GPS_SERIAL 2 // should be 2 for flyduino v2. It's the serial port number on arduino MEGA
    #define GPS_BAUD   57600
[EDIT]

What GPS Module are you using?
yep, that's done. the issue is that error when it's compiling...

I'm using the crius CN-06. Hooked up to tx2/rx2. It powers on and gives a green light, and it says GPS present=1.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:20 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
You can remove the wire & put them back in, you just have to lift the little tabs to remove them & to put them back in you just push them in, same as servo connectors.
Anyway ... that still doesn't explain why it hops out of pairing mode so fast!
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:42 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Anyway ... that still doesn't explain why it hops out of pairing mode so fast!
I don't know sorry, you should just be able to power the CRIUS AIOP (& BT) & then after installing it as a device in your PC just pair with it & that should be it.

@ Endlesslag,

The info & instructions I have given work for me & many others so you must be doing something wrong.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
Quote:
I don't know sorry, you should just be able to power the CRIUS AIOP (& BT) & then after installing it as a device in your PC just pair with it & that should be it.

@ Endlesslag,

The info & instructions I have given work for me & many others so you must be doing something wrong.
I'll try starting from scratch again and see if I can find what went wrong, or try MPNG and see if it works better, or if I like it more or whatever. There's no airframe for my board as of right now, so I have time to play with it.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:50 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
I'll try starting from scratch again and see if I can find what went wrong, or try MPNG and see if it works better, or if I like it more or whatever. There's no airframe for my board as of right now, so I have time to play with it.
With MegaPirate you just have to define "UBLOX" in the GPS section of APM_Config.h to get your GPS to work with it.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:18 PM
Germany, BW, Ludwigsburg
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
Hi kollegs

I am very happy whith Crius board without GPS.
Now i bekome my GPS fron RCTimer, it is FC CN-06 GPS Receiver V2.0

On the U-Center it is work. My first startup was like hier:
http://fpvcentral.net/2012/07/crius-...ltiwii-part-1/
It is not work! On MWC 2.1 i cant see GPS, all is "0"

The second version:
1. in U-Center: 1. Baudrate on 9600. 2. Meashurmentperiod on 1000 (deliverysetings) Tested, I have 7 satelite
Code:
  #define GPS_BAUD   57600
Code:
// *** War mal so ***
//    #define GPS_FILTERING                        // add a 5 element moving average filter to GPS coordinates, helps eliminate gps noise but adds latency comment out to disable
//    #define GPS_LOW_SPEED_D_FILTER               // below .5m/s speed ignore D term for POSHOLD_RATE, theoretically this also removed D term induced noise commnent out to disable
//    #define GPS_WP_RADIUS              200       // if we are within this distance to a waypoint then we consider it reached (distance is in cm)
//    #define NAV_SLEW_RATE              30        // Adds a rate control to nav output, will smoothen out nav angle spikes

// *** Gešndert in ***
//    #define GPS_FILTERING                        // add a 5 element moving average filter to GPS coordinates, helps eliminate gps noise but adds latency comment out to disable
    #define GPS_LOW_SPEED_D_FILTER               // below .5m/s speed ignore D term for POSHOLD_RATE, theoretically this also removed D term induced noise commnent out to disable
    #define GPS_WP_RADIUS              200       // if we are within this distance to a waypoint then we consider it reached (distance is in cm)
//    #define NAV_SLEW_RATE              30        // Adds a rate control to nav output, will smoothen out nav angle spikes
    #define UBLOX
    #define GPS_LEAD_FILTER
4. Change in MultiWii_2_1.ino:
Code:
 #if defined(GPS_SERIAL)

#if defined(UBLOX)
         UBLOX_init();
         delay(200);
        #endif
        #if defined(MTK)
           MTK_init();
           delay(200);
        #endif

SerialOpen(GPS_SERIAL,GPS_BAUD);  
    delay(400);  
    for(uint8_t i=0;i<=5;i++){
5. Download GPS.ino, and change in MWC2.1
6. Readin without alarm.
7. MWC run, Copter fly, but GPS is not work

I dont now what my problem is, please help me
heinerle07 is offline Find More Posts by heinerle07
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
27 Posts
more data in telemetry link

Is it possible to use AIO board telemetry link to send some additional data?

For example: I have pyrometer from which I can read temperature by voltage level 0...2V. Can I send such current level by AIO board in its own telemetry link, and then read it in ground station software?

Or rather should I create serial data from pyrometer, and only this data connect to Crius AIO board?
JAN.GER is offline Find More Posts by JAN.GER
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
I am still having a problem getting anything to pair with the Crius BT module. It doesn't stay in 'pairing mode' long enough (see video):

If I am really fast I can get a bluetooth scan to find it &, if I am lucky, request a pairing code. But I can't enter the code fast enough to complete the action before the red LED on the BT module stops flashing which I guess means pairing has timed-out?

Is that what it looks like for other users of this module?

I am running MPNG, latest version. But I think the pairing activity happens without any action from the AIOP. I think the BT module does that on its own. Does anyone know if that is correct? Or why my module is behaving this way?
Hi Kevin not sure if this will help your situation but when I went to pair my BT module it wouldn't pair and needed a password to be entered when the BT module was paired. I deleted the original pairing and detected it again but this time I entered the password 0000 even tho it would pair without it. Then when it tried to connect the devise it asked for a password and I enter 0000 again and it was under way....

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lance
Vortexxx is offline Find More Posts by Vortexxx
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:37 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortexxx View Post
Hi Kevin not sure if this will help your situation but when I went to pair my BT module it wouldn't pair and needed a password to be entered when the BT module was paired. I deleted the original pairing and detected it again but this time I entered the password 0000 even tho it would pair without it. Then when it tried to connect the devise it asked for a password and I enter 0000 again and it was under way....

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lance
Thanks Lance. The first problem I have is that it won't stay in pairing mode long enough for me to type a password in. Are you using a PC/laptop or Android by the way?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Lance. The first problem I have is that it won't stay in pairing mode long enough for me to type a password in. Are you using a PC/laptop or Android by the way?
I'm using a PC laptop
Vortexxx is offline Find More Posts by Vortexxx
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:11 PM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
maybe its your Baudrate, try just manualy changing your bt to 115600.
as i think the baudrate for ports on the board are hard fixed.
Multor is offline Find More Posts by Multor
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:22 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multor View Post
maybe its your Baudrate, try just manualy changing your bt to 115600.
as i think the baudrate for ports on the board are hard fixed.
I'm not sure how to change the baud rate of the BT module & allegedly it comes configured at 115600 anyway.

I was also under the impression that the BT module itself is responsible for pairing - after which it then talks to the AIOP. Not really sure about that though. Some kind of BT-sniffing diagnostic tool would be handy.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:30 PM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure how to change the baud rate of the BT module & allegedly it comes configured at 115600 anyway.

I was also under the impression that the BT module itself is responsible for pairing - after which it then talks to the AIOP. Not really sure about that though. Some kind of BT-sniffing diagnostic tool would be handy.
if you have a ftdi, try connecting your bt to your pc. and download any comport serial monitor and see if you can send AT commands, if it turns out you can then the problem is on the board. thou

if you changed anything on the serial options on the code, try uploading new fresh one.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:34 PM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
oh and one thing, i thought this bluetooth module never really supported mavlink? so this means that you can connect it to your pc or android unless you have any mavlink telemetry. i dont know i have my bluetooth sitting around and not using it because mine is connected with 3DR-