HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:32 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortexxx View Post
I am having trouble flashing MW 2.1 to my new AIO PRO I've set the com port and board, then compile the sketch and then upload it and it goes through with no error messages. The red and green board leds are permanently lit, the rx/tx leds blink away next to the USB and the "A" & "B" leds blink whilst the upload is underway.

After the upload completes the Arduino shows "Done uploading" and in the dialogue window there is a description of the file and NO errors. On the board the green & red leds are lit but the "A" & "B" leds are blinking slowly together.

Connect the board up to the GUI and it connects, there is no input from any sensors and it is flatlining with I2C errors rapidly increasing.

I have tried everything I can think of to get it working but am stumped!!

Anyone seen this before and know what the flashing leds mean and how to get it going or is it toast!!!

Thanks,

Lance
Hi Lance,

That's an odd one, are you sure that you have defined the correct settings in "Config.h" before compiling & uploading?

ie:
Define Multi type (eg: #define QUADX)

Define Board in "Boards and sensor definitions" (eg: #define CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1 // Crius Multiwii AIO PRO v1.)
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:35 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
HELP!, Im wanting to install this INSIDE a DJI450 clone frame, the mount holes cause the board to be at a 45 degree angle, what do I change in the MPNG 2.7r3 sketch to get it to work as if the board was facing forward?
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:40 AM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Small noob question, I ordered MediaTek MT3329 GPS 10Hz + Adapter Basic Compatible with Remzibi's OSD(Poor Man's OSD)
And there is written
Note that the new MediaTek has custom and exclusive "DIYDrones" firmware that allows the unit to output an efficient and very compressed binary protocol (This firmware will only work with our modules!). You can still change between NMEA and Binary protocol with standard MTK messages, and switch the refresh rate between 1hz to 10hz, or set any standard serial baud rate (by default is set to 38400 bps and custom binary protocol).

Should I need change FW for 10Hz or only setting to 115200 and 10Hz? What device use (RCtimers FTDI Basic Breakout Arduino USB-TTL 6 PIN 3.3 5V or RS232 + 5V is enought Aten uc-232a) to connect to PC for this operation (flast / setting)

Thanks
Janekx
janekx is online now Find More Posts by janekx
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:23 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiwikat View Post
HELP!, Im wanting to install this INSIDE a DJI450 clone frame, the mount holes cause the board to be at a 45 degree angle, what do I change in the MPNG 2.7r3 sketch to get it to work as if the board was facing forward?
It would be easier to use an adapter plate:

Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Hi Lance,

That's an odd one, are you sure that you have defined the correct settings in "Config.h" before compiling & uploading?

ie:
Define Multi type (eg: #define QUADX)

Define Board in "Boards and sensor definitions" (eg: #define CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1 // Crius Multiwii AIO PRO v1.)
Thanks nebstress, Yes I just double checked and both lines are in there exactly as you have written them.

Any other ideas??

Anyone know what the leds "A" "B" "C" mean?? I have a slow flashing "A" & "B" together.

Thanks,

Lance
Vortexxx is offline Find More Posts by Vortexxx
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:32 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortexxx View Post
Thanks nebstress, Yes I just double checked and both lines are in there exactly as you have written them.

Any other ideas??

Anyone know what the leds "A" "B" "C" mean?? I have a slow flashing "A" & "B" together.

Thanks,

Lance
OK but have you 'defined' them ie; removed the "//" in front of them?

Otherwise have you tried deleting your copy of MWC 2.1 & re-downloading a fresh copy then trying that.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined May 2010
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055 View Post
Hi ,
I did throttle calibration for the esc's,.
from some strange reason the motor start moving only at 90% throttle.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Lior.
Are you trying to do them all at once? When I tried that I ended up with the same
problem did them all individually and that worked great.
crash_1958 is online now Find More Posts by crash_1958
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_1958 View Post
Are you trying to do them all at once? When I tried that I ended up with the same
problem did them all individually and that worked great.
Thanks Guy,
At first I tried them all at once , it failed . Today I tried to calibrate them individually and it did worked great . I did a median flight today and I think it went well because the quad is still in one pice..
By the way did you managed to get gps fix at the end???
liorz055 is offline Find More Posts by liorz055
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined May 2010
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055 View Post
Thank guy ,
At first I tried them all at once , it failed . Today I tried calibrate them individually and it did worked great . I did a median today and I think it went good because the quad is still in one pice..
By the way did you managed to get gps fix at the end???
Yea took your advice and loaded the sketch without anything attached and now it's
working. Don't know why that would make a difference but as long as it works I don't really care.

Hope to get it finished and maidend this weekend.
crash_1958 is online now Find More Posts by crash_1958
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:25 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2010
78 Posts
As I previously documented I've had problems with the quad running MPNG firmware where adjusting the PIDS has no effect on oscillations. Multiwii seems a little more stable in this respect. I would love to use MPNG as I'm familiar with the APM planner and all the extra features it brings.

Sorry for the poor video

MPNG Multiwii (0 min 11 sec)
toney is offline Find More Posts by toney
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Looks like your rate P is to high have you tried lowering just that
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
Bluetooth modules work well with MPNG
It has been said by a few people here (and is also my experience so far) that BT doesn't work with MPNG for the various flavours af Android used on mobile phones and tablets.

It would be great if that is not true!

But I think most of the 'how to' posts are related to using it with laptops although it is often not stated.

Can we use BT on MPNG with Android?
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:04 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,037 Posts
It's not that you can't use it, there's just no app for android for MPNG.

Edit: there's this but I'm not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodriven View Post
Please do tell how... in detail. I've already seen the xbee link people posted before... and it doesn't tell how really. I'm dying to get my bluetooth module to work with Copter-GCS!

Edit: This link. Doesn't really show how?? http://code.google.com/p/copter-gcs/
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Last edited by TheFernMan; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:20 PM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Connect your bluetooth to your xbee or 3dr ground module

txrx
rxtx
vccvcc
gndgnd
Multor is offline Find More Posts by Multor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
OK but have you 'defined' them ie; removed the "//" in front of them?
FIXED!!!! Fantastic...Thankyou nebstress.

I have one other question.......

I am trying to get it to recognise my Crius GPS Receiver. I have it connected via the nav board but it doesn't seem to recognise it (the GPS is not lit in the GUI) but it's working fine in the U-Center

I have changed the baud rate to 115200 and 100hz and saved the changes

I tried setting the I2C GPS active in config.h and it came up with a whole bunch of errors when I checked the script. Any ideas or should I just connect it to the serial port??

Thanks,

Lance
Vortexxx is offline Find More Posts by Vortexxx