HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:07 AM
Joined Jan 2012
396 Posts
Thanks for the reply. So when the board arrives and I want to use multiwi as the code, the Gui is Arduino? rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined Sep 2011
40 Posts
Oreintation

Thanks for the ideas with keeping up with what way my Multi copter is going. I have a florescent orange Velcro strap about 5 ins long hanging off the front of my +quad. Helps close in but past 50 yards or so its not much good.

I'll give the strobes a try and SEE how that goes.

After posting my question I thought about it more, and a plane is always moving forward, but a copter can go were it wants. But not always were I want it at this stage for me.

In Multiwii GUI what adjustment do I need to make for the throttle more responsive to hovering? It seems it's always going up or coming down. I have constantly be on the stick anticipating the up and down movement. Once in a while I get it just right?

Thanks again for all your input.
Trauma50 is offline Find More Posts by Trauma50
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:24 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
Thanks for the reply. So when the board arrives and I want to use multiwi as the code, the Gui is Arduino? rkenosha
No you use Arduino 1.0.1 to configure & upload the firmware to the CRIUS AIOP.

For MultiWii there are two GUI's, the one that comes with the firmware & the MW-WINGUI, I prefer the WINGUI because it has a lot more functionality & looks & works better.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:33 AM
Joined Jan 2012
396 Posts
Thanks. It should be here in a week or so, just getting my mind wrapped around the beginning process. rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:05 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeViper View Post
It seems like I can receive data on my PC, but I can't send. So how do I get this working?
Maybe FT232R on-board is preventing to communicate with ATMEGA2560. If your USB connector damaged, try to desolder FT232R chip.
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:19 AM
Indonesia, Lampung, Sukarame
Joined Dec 2009
50 Posts
Hi, anyone.. sorry i'm new for this board...
i decided to buy cirus AIOP for my second amateur UAV from rctimer..
i almost buy from Hobbyking, but i don't want bad sensor for my plane (some poeple said that)..

and i'm in hurry (sorry)
for info i wanna use this board for my FLYINGWING
and wanna add this airspeed sensor

so i wanna ask simple question:

1. i wanna use this OSD while i use TELEMETRY, can i do that in the same time?
2. which firmware that already tested? can you list those firmware for me?

any answer would be very much appreciated.. thanks

//ben
benybee is online now Find More Posts by benybee
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeViper View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to connect the board with a FTDI - USB breakout board to my computer, because my onboard USB port is broken.
However the APM connection fails, and I can't connect to the CLI either.
It seems like I can receive data on my PC, but I can't send. So how do I get this working?
Dont know if you can get it working but I returned mine to rctimer for the same trouble
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:46 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Okay, now I have a problem. Loiter seemed fine the other day, but right now it just drifts. It drifts so far out of it's "home" that I have to manually bring it back before it bumps into trees, 10-20 meters away. Also, RTL is broken, it rises to about 15m and then scoots off in the wrong direction, after a short time it pitches down and I have to bring it back fast or it'll hit the ground hard.

Simple mode is also broken, it won't tilt in the right direction, even when I stand behind it and re-arm.

I have NO idea how to fix this. -_-; How can I get rid of interference that gets to the mag sensor?
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach Gardens
Joined Jun 2012
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Okay, now I have a problem. Loiter seemed fine the other day, but right now it just drifts. It drifts so far out of it's "home" that I have to manually bring it back before it bumps into trees, 10-20 meters away. Also, RTL is broken, it rises to about 15m and then scoots off in the wrong direction, after a short time it pitches down and I have to bring it back fast or it'll hit the ground hard.

Simple mode is also broken, it won't tilt in the right direction, even when I stand behind it and re-arm.

I have NO idea how to fix this. -_-; How can I get rid of interference that gets to the mag sensor?
Do you have a GPS fix?
CHRISGA1A is offline Find More Posts by CHRISGA1A
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:44 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISGA1A View Post
Do you have a GPS fix?
Here are my findings so far:

Acro, doesn't wobble. Doesn't hold angles though, so it's very unresponsive.

Stable, perfect the way it is. No wobbles, perfectly level, love it.

Loiter, OK for about 10 seconds. Then it starts to drift in a huge circle, 10 meter wide or so. No matter what I change, it does this every time. HOW do I tune this?

RTL, unpredictable. Tested it many times today. Sometimes it will scoot away in the wrong direction, when it does it WILL crash unless I intervene.

Sometimes it'll return to the home spot with perfect aim, then drop down, but it NEVER LANDS! Even though RTL Land is set to 1 it just stays 1 meter above ground and never ever lands. What's up with that?!

EDIT: One more thing, I can't seem to download logs. As soon as I try I get some error message about the com port and I'm disconnected.
Last edited by WiseDuck; Sep 07, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:26 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
556 Posts
Quote:
Here are my findings so far:

RTL, unpredictable. Tested it many times today. Sometimes it will scoot away in the wrong direction, when it does it WILL crash unless I intervene.
Oh don't tell us that! After loosing my quad with a rabbit due to it flying off, I now purchased a Crius in the hope that when I get around to using GPS it would be much better.
Seems the RTL on these Chinese boards is set to take it back to china!
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:31 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Arducopter has never really been advertised as a plug-and-play solution. We just need better documentation and some kind of list of what differs between multiwii and Arducopter. The only rock-solid but expensive solution I knwo of is Naza + GPS.

I mean, on Multiwii tuning is super simple. Adjust P until it no longer oscillates, increas I until it holds whatever angle you set it to, leave D alone. Done.

But Arducopter seems to work in a different way. So yeah, I need to experiment again..

And yes, I hope I can make RTL more reliable somehow. It MUST be, otherwise the entire point of having a GPS is lost. It is absolutely crucial that RTL works like it should.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:44 PM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Check compass at first, all GPS problems are going from it.
ALL directions in Simple Mode must work correctly (nose, back, left, right), if not, copter will fly in the wrong direction. Several tests (with Rabbit) were made, when board is plugged incorrect, in some directions compass is working, in some - not. After placing the board higher from the wires, problem gone away.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:50 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I cannot place mine higher. Question, will ferrite rings make a difference? I have several of the clip-on type that may fit on some of the ESC wires among other things.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:26 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,959 Posts
Quote:
Loiter, OK for about 10 seconds. Then it starts to drift in a huge circle, 10 meter wide or so. No matter what I change, it does this every time. HOW do I tune this?
I am new to this, GPS drift in a huge circle = magnetic declination [difference between true North and Magnetic North] is not set correctly for your location, GPS and magnetic compass are trying for 2 very different targets hence the slow circling and can't find home..

EDIT: here is a video that may help
Naza Flight Controller Fix with GPS - Magnetic Declination Compensation (5 min 2 sec)

He is fixing it by physically rotating the magnetic compass, I assume the same can be done in the software.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Sep 07, 2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: add video