HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Jun 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
Rumcajs,

The circuit is just the last part of a conventional MHz PPM receiver, there are many other ways of achieving decoding of the CPPM signal (PPM stream), it will give you 6 channels as drawn but could be adapted to give up to 8. Easier than using hardware would probably to look into Dennis' code and rewrite it to give individual servo outputs on different pins from the Arduino.

A.
For so - but it is such a problem that I do not know completely on writing programs
In the evening, talk with a friend who is smarter than me , and maybe something will come of it

Thank you for your support and commitment, and I'll do what I want to praise the results

Regards
Rumcajs is offline Find More Posts by Rumcajs
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:26 AM
Latvija, Ventspils
Joined Apr 2011
117 Posts
(Complain about DX removed)
Sensor repaired, just some cold solder, little bit tidling with hot air solder machine, and it works.
Vilniz is offline Find More Posts by Vilniz
Last edited by Vilniz; Dec 11, 2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Problem solved :)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
Foamy Scratchbuilder
Finland, Pirkanmaa, TRE
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Wow! I replaced the Gy-85 with the one that arrived a month late (it came from Dx) and placed 30cm away from arduino with wires and recalibrated it and BOOM! Everything works like charm! No drift that I an see, no mixed axis, everything works like it should! After so much frustratio and disapointment I had little faith in getting this to work! It must have been a faulty unit from ebay or something.

I cant wait to set the gains/magnetometer calibrations and test this bad boy out!
EraJomppa is offline Find More Posts by EraJomppa
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:27 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
351 Posts
I've now added the "AnnihilaT" short-range PPM Tx/Rx for the HT. Works nice.
How-to thread here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1227871

Next, I'll add the Tx to the Kristaps Fatshark Dominator arduino board so it'll be a wireless HT - just hope there's no interference

Look mom, No wires!
"AnnihilaT" Short-range PPM Tx/Rx for the "Dennis Frie" DIY HeadTracker (1 min 33 sec)
EngineerX is online now Find More Posts by EngineerX
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:31 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
looks good.
I use the 433Mhz Link now for more than one year and have no interference problems. Only the 433Mhz TX should not be to close to the HT.(that causes slight problems)

ah, and my car remote control does not work anymore when the TX is ON.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:51 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
351 Posts
Thanks!
hahaha.... I guess these would be fun to prank your friends and disable their car remotes! Good to know. I went with the 315 MHz thinking the 433 MHz would get interference from the LRS Tx. I'll find out if this 315Mhz Tx interferes with the HT when I try stuffing in the Fatsharks.

Rx fits nicely into the gutted 9x Tx module and gets power from 5v from inside 9x

EngineerX is online now Find More Posts by EngineerX
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:06 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiloschista View Post
I'm wondering buying a new couple from another seller.
Did someone try the $20.- sensor board on Goodluckbuy ?
Is it ok or better go straight to the $30.- unit ?

Thanks for help

Ric
Hi, I've just received my new parts from GoodLuckBuy and put them together with the sensor board directly on top of the Arduino board. The sensor board is this one.....http://www.goodluckbuy.com/index.php...oduct_id=84726

So far I've only tried it on the bench but it seems to work perfectly. I haven't changed any settings and think the secret to success has been the proper understanding of how to do all the calibrations.

Cheers Don
don9f is offline Find More Posts by don9f
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:21 AM
Foamy Scratchbuilder
Finland, Pirkanmaa, TRE
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Got my first flight with the headtracker behind me. The weather was far from perfect (7m/s gusty winds), but what the heck. I felt it was very different than fixed camera, but I was strugling with the winds so I barely had any chances to look around. It was fun, but I need to fly on a more gentle weather to get the feel of it. The HT itself performed magnificiently
EraJomppa is offline Find More Posts by EraJomppa
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:04 AM
Australia, WA, Kewdale
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Iv'e got the sketch written to the board but it wont respond when trying to calibrate it. There is a green led on both boards and a red led flashes once when I try to calibrate or connect but that is it. I'm a bit lost. Been looking at it for months. Had a freind look at it and he is good at this sort of thing.
Where do I start? It could be simple
AlistairR is offline Find More Posts by AlistairR
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:57 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,383 Posts
Does anyone know of some good cheap, jitter-free 180 degree servos?

Dennis maybe your next quick project could be a diy-servo strecher?
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
34 Posts
I believe the hobbyking turnigy TGY-R5180MG is a good servo for pan and tilt systems.
only problem is, it's a analog servo.
sjb_rc is offline Find More Posts by sjb_rc
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb_rc View Post
I believe the hobbyking turnigy TGY-R5180MG is a good servo for pan and tilt systems.
only problem is, it's a analog servo.
Thanks! Is the resolution good enough? Does it center accurately? Does it twitch?
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:41 AM
I do RVP
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Dec 2008
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Thanks! Is the resolution good enough? Does it center accurately? Does it twitch?
The best 180 servos are Hyperion Atlas servos. No jitter and good resolution. They are digital and can be programmed 180 amongst many other settings. They have all sizes from 9-gram to full size. To top it off, they have fast .07 speed or faster servos which really enhances the head tracking experience. The Hyperion servos are one of the best finds I've found for head tracking!
WEREE is offline Find More Posts by WEREE
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Denmark, Syddanmark, Esbjerg
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
AlistairR

Maybe you have got a board like mine, the missing plat rings! Try the one-wire device scanner, to see if all devices on the board is responding respectively to correct ID. Or simply by terminal (115200) send $DEBUG (capital letters) to Arduino, you will get a complete respond of all devices on the one-wire bus.

Max
hudibras is offline Find More Posts by hudibras
Last edited by hudibras; Dec 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Expired !!!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:58 PM
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Tostrup
Joined Apr 2006
485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEREE View Post
The best 180 servos are Hyperion Atlas servos. No jitter and good resolution. They are digital and can be programmed 180 amongst many other settings. They have all sizes from 9-gram to full size. To top it off, they have fast .07 speed or faster servos which really enhances the head tracking experience. The Hyperion servos are one of the best finds I've found for head tracking!
Agree i use them myself and is very happy with them.

But just remember they actually short their 5V supply every they are switching so you have to add low i think is ESR kondensators on 5V + - to avoid brownouts on your RC RX its is a well known issue with them.

Both Thomas Sherrer and Dennis tested them and confirmed this is true.

Lars.
LKJ is online now Find More Posts by LKJ