HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:05 AM
Magyarország, Baranya, Pécs
Joined Feb 2008
425 Posts
I am getting used to this HT, but my pan servo....

X 8 (14 min 12 sec)
Gabek is offline Find More Posts by Gabek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:08 AM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabek View Post
I am getting used to this HT, but my pan servo....

http://youtu.be/a4togifypBc
Really nice video, thanks for sharing.
Your pan-servo doesn't look very smooth. Can I ask what RC-equipment you use? LKJ have experienced the same problem with TSLRS and FF9 if I remember correct. It works fine with FF9, but I personally haven't tried with TSLRS.
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Feb 2008
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
Really nice video, thanks for sharing.
Your pan-servo doesn't look very smooth. Can I ask what RC-equipment you use? LKJ have experienced the same problem with TSLRS and FF9 if I remember correct. It works fine with FF9, but I personally haven't tried with TSLRS.
Hi Dennis,

Thx

I have a Futaba 9CAPS
It is 72 Mhz PCM.

And this servo: Link

It seams if i control it by a pot than it is steady most of the time and no jitter.
But as my head is constantly moving....
Last edited by Gabek; Nov 26, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:35 AM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Yes an excellent video, especially with the air to air footage, plus a fine flying site.

Does the fact that your servo moves much more than a normal servo cause the problem.....maybe its just much more sensitive to slight head movements ?

Does your radio allow you to adjust the servo speed.....I find with mine I prefer a slightly slower movement on pan & tilt than the servos are capable of ?

Cheers Don
don9f is offline Find More Posts by don9f
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Feb 2008
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post
Yes an excellent video, especially with the air to air footage, plus a fine flying site.

Does the fact that your servo moves much more than a normal servo cause the problem.....maybe its just much more sensitive to slight head movements ?

Does your radio allow you to adjust the servo speed.....I find with mine I prefer a slightly slower movement on pan & tilt than the servos are capable of ?

Cheers Don
Hi don9f,

Well, it is sensitive for sure.

On my radio i can't make it slower.

Just configured much less gain in HT configurator tool.
My HT was set like 30° head movement cased around 250°

Will se what happens.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:53 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post

Cheers Don
Yes, nice video.

I would say its a problem of the servo.
This 12g !!!! servo has a lower resolution as a normal servo and its way underpowered for a heavy HD cam.
=> jitter

FF9 has no servo speed setting.
You can use for example Hyperion digital servos, which are program able. (speed, center, max throw,..)
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:18 PM
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Tostrup
Joined Apr 2006
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
Yes, nice video.

This 12g !!!! servo has a lower resolution as a normal servo and its way underpowered for a heavy HD cam.
=> jitter

You can use for example Hyperion digital servos, which are program able. (speed, center, max throw,..)
I use them and they are good but they short + - in shorts burst vhen switcing, i use kondensators on + - 5V to deal vith this isue, i use also to speed them down it worhs really good but i stil have the ticks from my DFHT, when i relese the trainer svitc i have no ticks so it ti the DFHT hvo ticks.
I meen there vas one here hvo seperated the 2 PCBs to have the arduino on his RCTX and it cured the ticks for him so i think it is some off my wires plased in a not lucky way causing magnetic troubble for the magnetic censor.
I just have being leving wit it, after a short wile i forget all abbaut it and just enjoy i have absolutiy no drift on my DFHT.

Lars.
LKJ is online now Find More Posts by LKJ
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Feb 2008
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
Yes, nice video.

=> jitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ View Post
I use them and they are good but they short + - in shorts burst vhen switcing, i use kondensators on + - 5V to deal vith this isue, i use also to speed them down it worhs really good but i stil have the ticks from my DFHT, when i relese the trainer svitc i have no ticks so it ti the DFHT hvo ticks.
I meen there vas one here hvo seperated the 2 PCBs to have the arduino on his RCTX and it cured the ticks for him so i think it is some off my wires plased in a not lucky way causing magnetic troubble for the magnetic censor.
I just have being leving wit it, after a short wile i forget all abbaut it and just enjoy i have absolutiy no drift on my DFHT.

Lars.
Hi,

Thx for the tip, but i don't think that this servo is underpowered for my cam.

I have a "slow modul", that i will try.

When i was using my old tg-9 servo than i had no jitter.

Well i will try a few things, than at the end i will throw this servo away, i am afraid...

Thank you bough for helping!

Gábor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
471 Posts
I purchased 2 of the same GY-85 gyros from Deal Extreme and neither of them work with this project. When I pull up the GUI, the values never start. I have tried a number of arduinos and checked the circuit over and over again. Any ideas on how to get these gyros working?

Mike
mklinker is online now Find More Posts by mklinker
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:43 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,661 Posts
Have you tried everything in my post number 782, I almost lost faith in this project but I read through this thread and potted all the important info in one place to help others.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined May 2010
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklinker View Post
I purchased 2 of the same GY-85 gyros from Deal Extreme and neither of them work with this project. When I pull up the GUI, the values never start. I have tried a number of arduinos and checked the circuit over and over again. Any ideas on how to get these gyros working?

Mike
Sorry, no idea. I never got my first Arduino + GY85 from DX.com to work. I am now using an Arduino compatible board from kristaps and the more expensive GY-85 from Goodluckbuy. I had no problem what so ever with the new hardware!

However, my original hardware from DX.com worked perfectly with MultiWii after editing config.h (just uncomment the GY85 line) and calibrating it with the MultiWii Windows GUI. Try if yours do too.

If it works, you can use this headtracker software based on MultiWii:

http://fotoflygarn.blogspot.se/2011/...r-dummies.html
XDreamer is offline Find More Posts by XDreamer
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:15 PM
Foamy Scratchbuilder
Finland, Pirkanmaa, TRE
Joined May 2011
188 Posts
Iv got a little problem here guys. I just made this thing and Im in the process of calibrating the magnetometer, but I cant! The reason being:

You need to select which COM port your arduino is connected to on your computer, mine is in COM23, and you can select from COM1-10 in the calibration screen... so I cant select the correct COM port, weird huh?

Im currently trying to look for a way, but I might need some help O.o
EraJomppa is offline Find More Posts by EraJomppa
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EraJomppa View Post
Iv got a little problem here guys. I just made this thing and Im in the process of calibrating the magnetometer, but I cant! The reason being:

You need to select which COM port your arduino is connected to on your computer, mine is in COM23, and you can select from COM1-10 in the calibration screen... so I cant select the correct COM port, weird huh?

Im currently trying to look for a way, but I might need some help O.o
Unfortunately the guy behind this project have been quite lazy and never implemented support for more than port 20....

Luckily, you can just click on the textbox and simply write COM23 - and you are ready to go
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,080 Posts
I don't have any good explanation for the sensorboards that's giving trouble. You can try to compare multiwii and this code (if it works with multiwii). Could be some sensor-adresses etc. but it just seems weird that it's all the sensors.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:13 PM
Foamy Scratchbuilder
Finland, Pirkanmaa, TRE
Joined May 2011
188 Posts
Well I managed to change the COM port of the driver to COM2, so that problem solved

But now Im strugling on how to tell witch axis is which so I can calibrate the darn thing. So far Iv got them all mixed together... When I need to calibrate say tilt, Im not sure with way to tilt it... on its side or forward.

A picture of the sensorboard and a text which axis is which (well which is roll and which is tilt would suffice) would do nicely for this dummy O.o

PS. tired, should have gone to bed already :P maybe just one more try and then Ill give in for tonight. Tomorrow, fresh eyes and fresh mind. might do the trick...
EraJomppa is offline Find More Posts by EraJomppa