LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Tostrup
Joined Apr 2006
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
@Dennis

I test the diyHT v0.08 today and the tracker behaviour in flight is almost perfect.

The tilt movement is now almost perfect (PAN influence was almost none, or even none. HAve to test it more).
The pan movement is smooth but when I PAN to the left limit, the tracker most of the times has the tendency to return to the center, from the small duration test it seemed that when I PAN to the right the return to center effect is very dimmed, almost none.

Folks,
Can you try your diyHT looking fast to the left and tell me if the tracker recover to the center as soon as it reach the far left limit? Thanks.
Hmmm my FF9 can do that if i feed it with a completely wrong pulse from the tracker, ie. turn the tracker nearly 180 degrees, if you do this to a FF9 it will return to center its is a Futaba program feature.
If you in the GUI set DFHT to make to big PPM variations for to small head movement it will happen with FF9 with just small head movement, the FF9 don't like out of standard PPM pulse with.
Is that what you are doing.

Lars.
LKJ is offline Find More Posts by LKJ
Last edited by LKJ; Oct 28, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:55 AM
T.ing to put on air 100 models
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
639 Posts
Hi Dennis,

I'm silently following this thread, just because some arduinos and sensor boards are still on their route to my home

About new projects go for a MPPT (did you not were there already ?).
Especially if this will be an easy and for dummies DIY

I guess there is a lot of hardware that could be developed, without going on the "another one on the market" devices.
I think I can come little by little with several needs ...

Best regards,

Ric
chiloschista is offline Find More Posts by chiloschista
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:20 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ View Post
Hmmm my FF9 can do that if i feed it with a completely wrong pulse from the tracker, ie. turn the tracker nearly 180 degrees, if you do this to a FF9 it will return to center its is a Futaba program feature.
If you in the GUI set DFHT to make to big PPM variations for to small head movement it will happen with FF9 with just small head movement, the FF9 don't like out of standard PPM pulse with.
Is that what you are doing.

Lars.

No, I am using the stock settings from the diyHT gui and I don't see this behaviour when using my other two different trackers.
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
About the mppt project, there is already some project by microtronics (schematics available).
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:21 PM
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
About the mppt project, there is already some project by microtronics (schematics available).
Hi,
very interesting. Do you have any link ?
Thanks,
Ric

P.s.: apologize for the OT
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2005
391 Posts
Quote:
@Dennis

I test the diyHT v0.08 today and the tracker behaviour in flight is almost perfect.

The tilt movement is now almost perfect (PAN influence was almost none, or even none. HAve to test it more).
The pan movement is smooth but when I PAN to the left limit, the tracker most of the times has the tendency to return to the center, from the small duration test it seemed that when I PAN to the right the return to center effect is very dimmed, almost none.

Folks,
Can you try your diyHT looking fast to the left and tell me if the tracker recover to the center as soon as it reach the far left limit? Thanks.
Jalves,

My headtracker does not exhibit this behavior. It works perfectly.

capn
capn is offline Find More Posts by capn
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
http://www.mictronics.de/projects/solar-cell-mppt/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiloschista View Post
Hi,
Thanks,
Ric

Last edited by msev; Oct 28, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
Dennis you wrote in the danish-fpv thread you were testing some LRS, openlrs rfm22b or what?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:06 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
Quote:
@Dennis

Folks,
Quote:
No, I am using the stock settings from the diyHT gui and I don't see this behaviour when using my other two different trackers.
Don't really have any good ideas. If the sensors have been calibrated right, it shouldn't return. Is it slowly going towards center again, or just suddenly centering?
Dennis Frie is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiloschista View Post
Hi,
Thanks,
Ric

No worries at all, it's in interesting subject and you are welcome to talk OT
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
Quote:
Dennis you wrote in the danish-fpv thread you were testing some LRS, openlrs rfm22b or what?
Haha, you even read the danish thread
We gave Dragonlink a go today. Only in very close range, so can't really tell anything. Guess I should decide on a single UHF-system sooner or later. Would have loved to go with OpenLRS, but the 1000 mW module came out a bit late
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
Haha, you even read the danish thread
We gave Dragonlink a go today. Only in very close range, so can't really tell anything. Guess I should decide on a single UHF-system sooner or later. Would have loved to go with OpenLRS, but the 1000 mW module came out a bit late
Was the first time today , some interesting stuff over there ...Yeah google-translate helps ..Yeah I'm waiting for the schematic of the 1W version.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry-I am from Denmark !!
Danmark, Lolland, Søllested
Joined Nov 2010
73 Posts
Quote:
Was the first time today , some interesting stuff over there ...Yeah google-translate helps ..Yeah I'm waiting for the schematic of the 1W version.
And i was hoping that Danish was imposiple for other to understand
Niels Erik is offline Find More Posts by Niels Erik
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:49 PM
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
639 Posts
Quote:
Wow, thanks a lot !

Ric
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:04 AM
Australia, WA, Kewdale
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
All was going well until I went to upload the DIY Headtracking to the board and it came up error compiling with a very lengthy explaination. I tried the example sketch "blink" and that uploaded no worries so i'm not sure. Anyone in Perth WA willing to have a look would be great or any ideas. It's my first attempt at something like this so it's likely to be something simple/stupid
AlistairR is offline Find More Posts by AlistairR