SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:32 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
That green ring is like a noise filter.

I also have the corvalis and mine does not have the roll thing. My corvaly is a very easy smooth flyer.

Will see this weekend on my MM I love the simplicity of this bird and the look so hope to get her well trimed and balanced.
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:38 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
Got her to the air. Lateral balanced , 1/8 nose hevier. This time was a bit better no roll tendancy but now i got a wing rocking like when i harrier my 3d's. Not a stalling feeling was more like a aileron glitch. Im starting to suspect on my RX or wing servos but more into the rx.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345462676.755723.jpg
Views: 91
Size: 200.1 KB
Description:
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:49 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Mines going well. I very rarely use the rudder on this plane. It's nice because you can do a flat turn easily with rudder if you want. It stays flat. Been doing about 12 minutes on the 3sx1800 flyzone pack.

I'm working on knife edge a bit with this plane, but it's kinda small and easy to lost track of it's orientation. I've not lost orientation once yet , but I have kept it kinda close or fly it on bright days. I'll probably start doing some more in the windy because I'm getting real used to it. Maybe I even do something to underside of wings to mark one or both of them. I wish the tops were shinier or brighter color. The red paint isn't very good either.

Still love it.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:36 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Tonight's flight resulted in a squeal real bad and a susequent lack of motor power. I was plenty high to deadstick in and upon realising that the prop was stalled and dragging quite a bit I decide not to make another circle and landed rather steeply and fastly. I did ok on the landing and ended up at the end of my runway at the beans without damage.

I then ran the motor up a few times and spun it by hand on the bench. It seems to work fine , go figure. I didn't think to temp it , but the esc and battery were fine to the touch.
Last edited by gulio; Sep 10, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:25 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
Ok. Now i love my millennium. 4 batteries today and no more wing rock or wierd aileron move. As I told in my last post i was on doubt about the RX i was using a small indoor rx and have being thru lots of crash practising my epp 3D's. I just put another long range rx also i was using a battery adapter. Ec3 to xt60. And push the ec3 into the stock connector and the red stock connector was cracked. So i put a xt60 to esc, another rx. WOHOO no more !!!!

This baby flew awesome not sure if the glitching was by the bad conector or by the rx but now is a very stable predictable flight. Very good banking with no wing drop or rocking. This baby was on rails now Awesome. Looks like is going to be one of my everyday flyers.

I was very exited today with my millennium. Wohooo !!!!
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:08 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Good to hear you got it figured out. It's very nimble isn't. I added 15% expo on the aileron today , but now I'm sure I need a new motor because I heard it squeal again. I landed and then proceeded to spin it up on the ground with no trouble. I'm going to take some measurements for a replacement.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:37 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
I have heard the same thing 2 times. 1 today and 1 couple week back Both times was on takeoff. Not sure what was. After i heard that today in my first battery i was thinking on a non tight prop. I just didnt care since was flying so good and went 3 more battys and didnt heard anymore.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:08 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Someone might be willing to give this a try. I don't use my original esc anymore because it quit. I think this programming might just work. http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001225808
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:22 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
2 flights on a stock replacement motor and no more squeal. I had also been having radio trouble with the TX , and it's been perfect too.

Advise keep some power and speed on when landing.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:16 PM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
2 flights on a stock replacement motor and no more squeal. I had also been having radio trouble with the TX , and it's been perfect too.

Advise keep some power and speed on when landing.
I've been lucky. My motor's performed flawlessly. Kinda looks like a Super Tigre.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How real is Realflight
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:08 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
Duh !!!!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
I crashed mine today !!! Takeoff and making the firs turn she went inverted and into ground. My last flight day with her the rolling issue was gone but aparently today went back

Time to put out the box the 2nd one

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347829833.840934.jpg
Views: 118
Size: 183.7 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347829923.981353.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 97.5 KB
Description:
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:11 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Whoa, too bad man. That looks like a total if it was mine. Would you fix that or just replace it?

I'm bothered by this sudden rolling only on intermittent flights. I had the switch doing it and the MM doing it , but they've both been fine for a number of flights. I never did figure it out , but they BOTH did get new motors.

I have an idea that you are more experienced than I am , and if you weren't going very slow then I surely don;t know what would cause that rolling over into the ground. It sure sounds familiar though. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1723267
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:33 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
Whoa, too bad man. That looks like a total if it was mine. Would you fix that or just replace it?

I'm bothered by this sudden rolling only on intermittent flights. I had the switch doing it and the MM doing it , but they've both been fine for a number of flights. I never did figure it out , but they BOTH did get new motors.

I have an idea that you are more experienced than I am , and if you weren't going very slow then I surely don;t know what would cause that rolling over into the ground. It sure sounds familiar though. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1723267
is not totaled. but since tower hobby send me a new replacement plane i will just trash away and put out the new one ! Im on futaba and non of my other planes do that, my friend are having some similar issue with the SuperSportster "foamy" and the Switch. both of the was the supply "Y" for ailerons he notice on both when he touch or move the Y he get some some glitching, but the millennium have no Y. just both servo soldered together. I really dont know what more can be check out. hope to get better luck on the 2nd one.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:05 PM
TAFTS
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
341 Posts
I think I'm cross posting but I found this thread after I posted in another. This one seems more popular so I thought I would re-post and follow up here. Sorry to the moderator

I had a chance to assemble and fly one. The assembly went very quick with no issues. A more thorough assembly review by another modeler is here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703003

I will try to expand on the other parts. The AnyLink module set up went well. I had some difficulties using it with an older Futaba transmitter but I am working that out with Hobbicio. I ended up flying it on a Spektrum transmitter first. It was nice to see a little cross compatibility between the major radio brands. The receiver mapping to the JR protocol went fine. Binding was quick and simple. With all the throws and dual rates set-up, it was time to fly!

It tracked straight and accelerated quickly. I was pleasantly surprised how much power it had. After some quick trimming, I pushed it to see how well it flew. Large loops and avalanches were a breeze. It rolled smooth but tended to corkscrew a little. Rudder authority in point and slow rolls was very good. It presents well in the air. Seeing it coming down the runway at about 10 feet slow rolling really shows off the brilliant color scheme.

Slow flight was stable without any real tendencies to drop a wing. Landing approaches were very smooth and stable. It landed like a much larger airplane. Smooth touchdowns with the tricycle landing gear were a breeze.

It was a real pleasure to fly. It looks good in the air and is a smooth, stable flyer. Only two other pilots flew it the first trip out but they were impressed. I look forward to passing it around more the next time I take it out. I'll work on the aileron differential a little to clean those rolls. I'll also report on the AnyLink performance with other radio brands.

Scott
Scott Todd is offline Find More Posts by Scott Todd
Last edited by Scott Todd; Oct 22, 2012 at 05:22 PM.