HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:41 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Ha, I plan to fly mine tomorrow. I noticed that the motor is very hard to turn over by hand only when the battery is unplugged. Not worried about it , I see the same thing on the acrowot foam thread.

I think this model is made by ST models, does anyone know?
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:57 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Maidened it tonite while it was calm. It's a nice flier. I like it cuz it's kinda light and small. A bit hard to see , but I'll get used to the colors and shapes. I flew very mildly for 7 minutes and used about half of a 3sx1800. It took quite a bit of aileron trim and when I got back in the surfaces are noticeably mis-aligned with the rest of the wing. Landing was real easy (for me that's good)

Problems so far:

set-screw in the motor mount housing was tight in the thread , but not up against the round housing causing motor to rock up and down. Eventually it would've come off. Also 2 out of 4 motor mount screws were loose.

Re-set timer to 10 minutes and will try it again tomorrow.

I'm getting a clicking when my elevator is in the center. It clicks just when you move it off center a tick. I had 2 people look for the noise and I think it is the double coller lock and control rods. I unhooked both elevators and the click is still there.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:59 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
This is what I had to do to get the c.g. (center of gravity) to where it needs to be. The battery needed to go forward, and so did the velcro strap. All I needed to do was cut two slits for the velcro strap to go through. There's no way I'll take chances with just velcro-to-velcro.
Mine isn't that way at all. My battery is much further back than yours. It is exactly over the CG mark so I assume that when I go to different weight packs I will not move it very much if at all.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:01 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
I'll be ordering a RXR version from TH once I see a couple of reviews on it. This plane looks good, and design-wise. The LG is not for learners, though, I have to agree.
The landing gear after seeing and using it is much tougher than it looks. I like how simple this plane is designed. I won't show any pics of my "yellow-green" wheels.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:42 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
My batery location was very forward in compare were the velcro strap is. Glad you guys are having good maiden.

I check lateral balance and mine is droping down a bit the left wing so maybe some weights may nedded. GUILO chack yours that could be your to much aileron trim. Also manual says to check maybe for a reason.
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:45 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Yep, I knew I forgot to check it. It is trimmed like the right wing is heavy. Maybe I move the pack over a bit. I do like that this plane has plenty of battery room. Going to fly it now.

Moving the pack helped about 3 clicks of trim. Maybe my elevator isn't perfectly even. It does loop nice and straight.
Last edited by gulio; Aug 08, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:24 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
6 flights today. I don't like it in the wind very well , but then I don't like flying in wind anytime. This thing is actually pretty quick. I was able to fly 6 flights in about 3 hrs. Flights are about 10 minutes each , but can be 12 minutes with stock battery.

+ I found the elevator clicking , it was the rods where they exit the rear of plane had tiny crimps on the wires. 2 tiny drops of oil fixed.

- my nose gear wire got slightly bent.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:52 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
So overall did you liked? Oh man weather is here to windy and rainy for my maiden :-( meanwile im rebuilding my stinson reliant for 2nd time after hit same light pole again.

Hope to get good weather for my maiden.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:39 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
2 flights this AM in the calm. It is very mild flyer when calm.

Yes, absolutely. The more I fly it the more I like it. It loves to be flown fast , but can fly very slow when calm. I think that it is more of a calm weather flyer (at least for me now) because it seems a gust of wind can dip this thing over a quarter turn faster than one can see it.

Mines very predictable , and two behaviors I've noticed are that when banking it over 45 degrees it wants to roll even more to 90 degrees. It also doesn't pitch down at all when turning mildy. The first I don't like , the second I like.

All in all I like it real well, it's a keeper. Nice and light and simple.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:20 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
finally i made my maiden..
1st battery all went perfect . the bird just flew on rails. very stable and landing was easy, smooth tochdown

2nd battery start to try roll whit aileron input something like a wingstall but was not a wingstall too much aileron and she was trying to go inverted. this tendancy was at any point of throtle. full throtle, half throtle. when that happend just pulling aileron to other side and goes fine. not a wingstall at all. but i have to admit I was not prepared for that reaction and got scare few times

i dont really know why this happend on second battery, first one i did flew slowly, fast, do some rolls, and a stall turn i was in love.. second battery i got divorced.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Many flights so far. It's still hard enough to see that it is good to fly it in bright sunlight. It's easily lost orientation in dim light. Only problems I've had is to bend the nose wire forward a few times (my fault for not landing right) AND

tonight I hand launched it and it went dead nose first into the ground. It hit right onto the spinner. It turned out that the esc went bad. Replaced it with a ST 30 and flew it once more all is good to go.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:03 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Oops, I forgot to ask. What's the little green ring around the stock esc wire? I didn't re-use it.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:13 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
Hey gulio. You still have the tendancy to roll at 45 degree angle ?

I dont liked that. You have yours balance as per manual? I want to take out that rolling issue.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:14 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
Oops, I forgot to ask. What's the little green ring around the stock esc wire? I didn't re-use it.
???????????? Mine does not have that! Take a pic to see it
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:00 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
It sure does still have that issue. I live with it just fine. I think that many of my planes do that , one I can think of that is terrible is my flyzone Cessna corvalis 350. I do tend to balance my planes at the rear of the recommended CG and I'm just about ready to move the CG back (move battery rearward) on my MM. My MM takes quite a bit of elevator to fly inverted level. I want it moved back some more. Maybe this rolling condition will get worse?