Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:12 PM
Posting, but should be working
Brackendale, BC, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
250 Posts
Discussion
What's your favourite downlink for AP?

I would like to replace my older downlink equipment (which is only OK) with something new and more reliable. I currently have an old 2.4ghz 500mw system, and a 900mhz 200mw (HKing) system, and I don't really get reliable video out of either on this machine.

What are you guys using that gets you nice clear video along side your 2.4Ghz RC system?

The craft it will be going on is:

-DJI WKM hexa on an F550 Frame - 4s running 10x4.7 props on Avroto Motors
-FrSky Rx with telemetry paired with a Futaba 9CHP + FrSky Module
- Sony Nex-5n passing through a HDMI to AV converter to get an SD video signal to transmit to the ground.
-Right now I have a separate BEC to provide power to the Video Tx, HDMI converter & Camera Mount Servos from the balance tap of the main flight battery.

I am looking for experience of those running a similar system with excellent downlink quality. I won't say money is not an object, but I would rather spend a bit more on quality I can count on.

This system if for aerial photography within about 150m of the pilot, not for FPV. I require, quality & reliability, not particularly long range

I am looking for a proven system really, not suggestions of promising new products (although feel free to introduce them to the group!). Please share your successes.

Cheers,

Andrew
furyphoto is offline Find More Posts by furyphoto
to remove ads between posts