I use another method to create Ailerons 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
Poll
Adding Flaps & Ailerons to Hobbyzone Super Cub

Hi Everyone
Iím new to flying and customizing RC Planes and to learn to fly I picked up a Hobbyzone Super Cub. So far Iím really enjoying it. Iíve had the plane for a month and last weekend upgraded the engine to a brushless motor. Now I want to add flaps and ailerons.

My question is to do with the creation of flaps/ ailerons from the wing. So far, It seems that there are two main ideas as to how this should be done. The first is to use one large wedge shape cut in the bottom of the wing and have it hinge along the top and use tape as the hinge. The second approach is to make two wedge shaped cuts top and bottom and add 2 or more a commercially available cloth/plastic hinges along the flaps/ ailerons.

What do you think of each method? What have you used? Is one better than the other?
Thanks for any info.
DeepBlueGray is offline Find More Posts by DeepBlueGray
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
i used: http://secure.hobbyzone.com/itemmult...structions.pdf and a little bit of a youtube video. but pretty much the pdf i posted above.
i also recommend you go through http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1338787
didn't add flaps though. don't see the need for them but others have done so.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jun 25, 2014, 08:15 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jan 2014
7 Posts
Best Aileron Mod for Bobbyzone Supercub

I used this method which is the lightest, least obtrusive design to add ailerons to the Supercub unisg a single servo: https://sites.google.com/site/rrrcphotos/home

This design is so light and simple, it retains what I like about the Supercub- slow, scale-like flight. But now I can do slow, low inverted passes over the runway!
tmaude is offline Find More Posts by tmaude