HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
i agree that there is to much vibrations . and i think it could help to glue some some carbon strip (0,5 to 1 mm thickness) on each side of the booms (i will try soon ).
But i have noted that i have some time white flashes even before start motors. So i'm not sure that white flash is caused by vibration. and i have many with my F550 with new WK and 5.12 and same with 5.14
I've never had the white flashes before so I'm not sure about this...
But could some of these flashes be attributed to "attitude status fair/bad" as stated in the WKM manual page 50? The fix for that is redoing calibration no?
Also, are you all offsetting the compass to compensate for "magnetic declination"? I have mine turned 17deg clockwise for my location: http://magnetic-declination.com/
Just a thought...
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:26 PM
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
491 Posts
i have done and redone calibration but i will try magnetic declination. hope it could help.
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:34 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
same here also had white flashed before start up ! I can't rule out though that is might be a state the WKM was in from the flight before, although i doubth is remembers its attitude status.

Concerning the white flashes sidney mentioned to try to get all receiver or transmitter as far way as possible from the IMU

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Im actually going to go the traditional way and see if something like this can reduce the vibrations ! With the thread props mounts and some well balanced Xoas 14 x 4 or 15 x 4 it might be an improvement. #

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:36 PM
One day at a time
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Boris you'd want a turnbuckle on those cables. They will need to be tensioned tighter than you can do by hand in order to accomplish anything. Also seeing as how the arms bend up at the ends and are higher than the center what you will actually be doing is adding further upwards bending stress to the arms and increasing the load to the quick connects. I'm thinking not wise and why add weight and effectively eliminate the quick detach feature?
Brightside is offline Find More Posts by Brightside
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Oct 2011
441 Posts
Borris, would that amplify the vibration or possibly resonate vibration on each arms?

Edit:

In my observation over the last few frames I have used, its not just rigidity or less flexing that is important. Vibration dampening is the key, like most droidworx or cinestar the carbon arms used dont amplify vibration and the plus side that it is also rigid. Maybe (im no expert) right carbon fiber wrapping can make the arms rigid and good in dampening vibration
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Last edited by TruckBasher; Sep 20, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
I like the turnbuckle idea, changing the tension will alter the attenuation frequency.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
I'm not mad about the high dihedral angle. I tested that 4 years ago on an MK Okto and decided that it was of no benefit, and screwed with the stabilization algorithm. yaw angle brackets were a good idea though.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:16 PM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
368 Posts
DJI OSD is available end of month, should be free for all pre-order S800 owner, right? it's can-bus mini hub
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,919 Posts
It was quoted as free to those that suffered through the esc and MC recall which were most if not all of the early adopters. It looks pretty cool. Two video channels, switchable via the Tx. Then there is the Video Down Link. 5.8gHz and 500mw with 8 selectable channels. I like the antennas. Fatshark has produced some that appear to be very similar.

http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=821

The protection of the cover protects the clover leaf design which is somewhat fragile. Can't wait!!!
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:01 AM
Portugal, Faro, Loulé
Joined Jun 2012
359 Posts
Good News (hope)

Yesterday I send the same information that i post here (about the vibration problem) to DJI and they reply me:
Quote:
Dear Flavio

You are really genius! What a creative idea!

I relayed the whole idea to my R&D college, hope it’ll inspire them.

Best Regards,

Paul GUO
Sales & Marketing Dept.

DJI Innovations
Tel: +86 755 26656676 ext 204
Fax: +86 755 83067370
Lets see what they change.
fsimao222 is offline Find More Posts by fsimao222
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:04 AM
Portugal, Faro, Loulé
Joined Jun 2012
359 Posts
Today i'm going to try flying with the aluminium arm attached in every S800 arm to see if the white flashes disappear.
fsimao222 is offline Find More Posts by fsimao222
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:32 AM
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimao222 View Post
Today i'm going to try flying with the aluminium arm attached in every S800 arm to see if the white flashes disappear.
Hi flavio!
I very interested in your experiences.
Please, let us know what happened as soon as you tried.
Maybe you could put your iphone with vibration app in the center of the frame, with and without the aluminium?

Thank you !
parismarrakech is offline Find More Posts by parismarrakech
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:04 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimao222 View Post
Now everyone can just go out and buy MK aluminum riggers to mount under their DJI arms for added stiffness.

Just the thought cracks me up. I hope you find favorable results Flavio.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Maybe covering the arms with a heat shrink wing covering material would add enough torsion rigidity without the weight gain.