SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:25 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Yep, I mounted the cinestar 3 axis under the S800, will post pics ASAP...
Hi guys,

Finally managed time to take some pics.
I just made a new mod, so here's my last mounting solution.

I used the Precision Digital's mounting plate for AV130/AV200 as baseplate.

I then used a piece of fiberglass between the cinestar and the mounting plate.
The small black spacers are the ones included in the kit when using the AV200.
I still need to make the battery trays, but everything's coming in a good way!

helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:32 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,211 Posts
Very nice. Where can somone get some of those gel pads they use on the plate?
They look like silicone gel pads.

Thanks
cheers
bcollydas is online now Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Dec 2009
13 Posts
I just had similar issue with my s800, it looks like the s800 losing power
I was on GPS mode while flying, and I was trying to make a slow descend then the power seems to not cut-off (as u seen the video) its just losing power.
I try to throttle up before the thing goes down, but nothing happened

- AV200
- 6s 4800mah
- Vtx Iftrontech 5.8ghz 500mw (positioned at av200 gimbal)
- canon 550d

Gain setup:
230/230/150/170
130/130
FW 5.14a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj09wfRe_yk
Broke 3 arm, damaged AV200, damaged lens.
bozxky is offline Find More Posts by bozxky
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:31 PM
Namibia, Khomas, Windhoek
Joined Jul 2012
181 Posts
Hi Guys,

Greetings from Namibia.
I've been reading in the background for the last two month and absorbing nearly each and every post made here in order to learn and understand where front & back is of a transmitter.

Two month ago I knew absolutely nothing about RC and thanks to you guys ( and some locals) I'm now proud owner of a F550 & a S800.

So hold thumbs for me as I take out the S800 for a 'walk" today. I'm sure I'll pepper you guys with a few questions soon!
Chilli Paste is offline Find More Posts by Chilli Paste
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:16 AM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,016 Posts
@Bozxky

Did you have two of those 4800 6s batteries in parallel, or just one 4800 6s battery. If just one, you'd have a relatively short flight time. Did you check your battery capacity afterward to make sure the voltage didn't drop too low? It didn't seem as if the power completely shut off to any of the motors; it seemed as if the power simply got reduced significantly.
AEMontoya is online now Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Custom Futaba 12z Monitor Mount
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Dec 2009
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
@Bozxky

Did you have two of those 4800 6s batteries in parallel, or just one 4800 6s battery. If just one, you'd have a relatively short flight time. Did you check your battery capacity afterward to make sure the voltage didn't drop too low? It didn't seem as if the power completely shut off to any of the motors; it seemed as if the power simply got reduced significantly.
Its a brand new 6s 4800mah gens ace. Its only 2 minutes flight. Normally i fly with the same setup for 7mins..

As i said...the motor is not completely shut off...its just reducing power without my authority. Batt capacity after the flight is 46%..voltage @23.8v..

I would not simply trash my s800 to the ground after i waited the s800 replacement arm for 3 months
bozxky is offline Find More Posts by bozxky
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
YES they look about the same as what I have, are the white flashes related to the flips?. It seems to fly ok with all the white flashes going on, so you kind of partly ignore them. BUT this means they also get confused with other signals from the LED. Can DJI let us know what is going on and what we should do.
I don't know if it's related, but if I ever see any of those flashes I am grounding my S800...

I still would like to know if the 2 recent "flipping" incidents were related to the beta firmware for the Wookong. I think one was since he said latest firmware "from last week", but the water dive I don't know...
Post above with power loss and hard landing was also with 5.14a Beta firmware.

I'm not sure DJI should be making these Beta fw's available to everyone. They are non final and for testing purposes only from my understanding.
Of course, I could be wrong and the wookong has nothing to do with it...
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:52 AM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
United States, CA, Los Gatos
Joined Feb 2006
336 Posts
15N upgrade problem

What the hell with my 15N. I upgraded 1.2 beta then it's strange Roll action. I decided to downupgrade 1.1 but it's still same problem. about 10 times upgrade and downupgrade.I struggled with it for all day but I gave up.I wish it's not upgrade. Anyone know what is this problem? I think that GCU seems not good for gyro roll. Pan and TilT Gyro are okay.

15N Gimbal Defective (3 min 28 sec)
zzr is offline Find More Posts by zzr
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:48 AM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
Joined Feb 2006
336 Posts
Ouch Sorry about your crash. I flied with my s800 about 10 times without 15n but I just received 15n then flied it for twice time. S800 is no problem but 15n is problem now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photograph View Post
Thank you! So many people helping so fast makes it easier!

To answer the Questions:

Flying alti Mode with at 21,7V,with a 10.000mAh C25+
and I use an ImmersionRC 600mW, attached at the landing legs
Graupner MX 20 with the 24 channel receiver an a Graupner air module for Telemetry.
The motors were on during flip, but the sound was different. You can see in the video, that during the first flip also the LEDs are shining. After the 3rd flip the battery was expelled and then the lights went off.
Latest firmware from last week. We bought it last week, then it crashed for the first time and this week, we got it repaired and today it crashed for the second time.

For everybody interested, I attached the before and after Pics...
best wishes!
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:50 AM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
Joined Feb 2006
336 Posts
Thanks! I recently upgraded 5.14 but have not fly yet. I'm planning to downupgrade 5.12 soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Sorry about your crash
Hope we find out why these S800's are falling out of the sky like this!
I'm sticking with 5.12 for the wookong. No way am I trying a beta firmware on this thing...
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:56 AM
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Hi Guys,

can someone with a S800 tell me the diameter of the tubes the Z15 is mounted on, 11mm?
Thanks
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
Old Sep 09, 2012, 05:03 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
Hi Guys,

can someone with a S800 tell me the diameter of the tubes the Z15 is mounted on, 11mm?
Thanks
Just got the Callipers out.... 12mm
Huddo is offline Find More Posts by Huddo
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:44 AM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,016 Posts
@zzr

I don't know if you've already seen; but, if you look back through the last few days' posts, you'll see that a number of people have been having similar problems with the new update. At least one of the posters was able to fix things by downgrading, unlike with your experience.

On a different note, where do you fly your s800? Baylands? Rancho? I live in the area and am currently setting an s800/z15 up, but will probably keep it grounded for a while until the source of all the mysterious crashes is determined. I'd love to see your s800 fly, though.

AEM
AEMontoya is online now Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Custom Futaba 12z Monitor Mount
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozxky View Post
Its a brand new 6s 4800mah gens ace. Its only 2 minutes flight. Normally i fly with the same setup for 7mins..

As i said...the motor is not completely shut off...its just reducing power without my authority. Batt capacity after the flight is 46%..voltage @23.8v..

I would not simply trash my s800 to the ground after i waited the s800 replacement arm for 3 months
Sorry for the Crash, did you happen to notice if you were getting white flashes during the flight?
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:36 PM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
Joined Feb 2006
336 Posts
Hi AEMontoya
I can't find posted can u give me number of post or link thanks. I flied my S800 at park near my home. Check at
DJI Zenmuse Z15 & S800 and Sony Nex5-N (5 min 41 sec)

PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
@zzr

I don't know if you've already seen; but, if you look back through the last few days' posts, you'll see that a number of people have been having similar problems with the new update. At least one of the posters was able to fix things by downgrading, unlike with your experience.

On a different note, where do you fly your s800? Baylands? Rancho? I live in the area and am currently setting an s800/z15 up, but will probably keep it grounded for a while until the source of all the mysterious crashes is determined. I'd love to see your s800 fly, though.

AEM