SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
@Hangerash

I did experience the same concerning the altitude behavior during wind gusts and in forward flight. I think that is exactly what is controlled by the "V-damping" of the "advanced parameters", but I did not have time to experiment with them.

It sounds quite unusual when you are in a (fast) forward flight.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
This applies to Helis and Multis from what this thread I pulled this from said.

Here is what I found on another thread regarding the Advanced parameters:

I-Parameter
The I parameter corresponds to consistent and accurate speed, or steady hovering, when the helicopter receives external disturbance. When the pilot gives a command through stick position, the helicopter might not be able to achieve the desired speed due to head wind. The larger the I value, the faster the helicopter will compensate and adjust for wind, while smaller I values may cause more time for the helicopter to reach the commanded speed.
Similarly, when the helicopter is hovering and wind blows the helicopter away from the hover point, the helicopter will gain a certain acceleration proportional to the I value to return to the hover point. The larger the I value, the sooner the helicopter will make this adjustment.
When the I value is too low, the helicopter will drift within a certain range, similar to what happens when a gain parameter is too low.

V-Parameter
The V parameter adjusts the tendency of motion during pilot commands. Higher V values cause the helicopter attitude to adjust more aggressively to obey command input. For instance, when a stick position command is given, a high V value causes the helicopter to have a relatively sharper angle in response. This allows the helicopter to reach the desired speed sooner, but sometimes the helicopter will become unstable and difficult to control. A low V value causes the helicopter to respond slower to stick position commands, even with very extreme stick positions.
One can say that the V parameter adjusts the tendency of motions, and the change of control feeling after the adjustments will be similar to the difference between using hard or soft rotor head. But V is not the sole influence on the time of respond, please note.
The V parameter adjusts the tendency of motions, and gain adjusts the feedback strength of such tendency. V is adjusted according to user preference, but gain has a theoretical best possible value.
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:56 PM
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangerash View Post
We have inspected the Header pins on our unit and have found no issue.
However we are getting quit erratic flight performance.
Currently flying with a dummy payload equal to a Z15w/camera and lens on 6S 10,000mah. Roughly 14 LBS AUW.
When flying in perfectly calm conditions the aircraft behaves somewhat normal and can be flown as shown in other POV videos provided it is not flown over about 10 or 12 MPH.
In winds from about 4MPH on up its an entirely different story. While in forward flight into the wind the aircraft will wobble somewhat while losing altitude, some times it comes down slow, sometimes it will just drop. You have to increase throttle a great deal to maintain altitude
While in a hover during wind gusts it will do the same thing. Again you have to increase throttle a great deal to maintain altitude
When this happens it appears that the motors are shutting off momentarily causing the aircraft to loose altitude. Increases in altitude gain only make it worse.
At first inspection it was thought the IMU might be coming in contact with the top center plate. This is not the case.

This is our 3rd WKM unit as we have had great commercial success with our other two units mounted on an octo and a small hexa.

Appreciate any feed back
we have exactly the same problem . i have describe it to terry he is really concerned and i appreciate . but for the moment we haven't found what's wrong. and we can't put a zenmuse until we can trust the machine.
hope someone will find.
flytahiti is online now Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
Artic jetflyer
Stabekk, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
we have exactly the same problem . i have describe it to terry he is really concerned and i appreciate . but for the moment we haven't found what's wrong. and we can't put a zenmuse until we can trust the machine.
hope someone will find.

+1 same problem here
Seems ok in dead calm weather, but it vibrates and handles poorly in the slightest wind.
The f450 and f550 naza outperforms it in every way and easely takes 3x the wind with no problems.
sap_2000 is offline Find More Posts by sap_2000
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Mar 2010
506 Posts
anybody tried those props on s800
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/1575-carbo...ccw-p-543.html
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/1555-carbo...ccw-p-542.html
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:52 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Not now, I just ordered both. But the S800 props are ok, I took them all off to check the balance, two of them I could improve. With the tools I have I cannot remove every vibration, but they are as good or better than all the other props I have in the size of 14"+. You never get a 14" prop as clean on vibes as you might get a 10" clean.

regards Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
Orange County Ca
Joined Nov 2003
245 Posts
To add;
Ours only performs as previously described while in Atti or GPS mode. In manual mode it flys fine although it will visibly vibrate when hit by even a small gust of wind.
"I" and "V" does nothing for the symptoms.
Hangerash is offline Find More Posts by Hangerash
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Mar 2010
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangerash View Post
To add;
Ours only performs like this while in Atti or GPS mode. In manual it flys fine.
"I" and "V" does nothing for the symptoms.
surprising . so it could be fix with a new firmware !!!!.hope DJI work on it.
anybody tried with older firmware. i would like to ,but i don't know how to downgrade.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:00 AM
ZGA
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
Folding/removable antenna strut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyde View Post
i made a new one so i easily can remove the GPS
This what I made with my cnc for folding the antenna, I can fold it or remove it.
I made a pvc clip piece.
The clip can be attached on the frame with 2 screws or even strong double face tape.
It works nice.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...8&d=1340960277
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...9&d=1340960277
ZGA is offline Find More Posts by ZGA
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGA View Post
This what I made with my cnc for folding the antenna, I can fold it or remove it.
I made a pvc clip piece.
The clip can be attached on the frame with 2 screws or even strong double face tape.
It works nice.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...8&d=1340960277
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...9&d=1340960277
LIke it are planing on seling those ?

thanks

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:03 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
LIke it are planing on seling those ?

thanks

Boris
Ditto that
where do I send paypal for one of these very nice stands!
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
A Dutch reseller has issued a recall for the 800. Check with your retailer.
AdaptedEye is offline Find More Posts by AdaptedEye
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:20 PM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Hi

no email from Dji

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaptedEye View Post
A Dutch reseller has issued a recall for the 800. Check with your retailer.
Really??
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:44 AM
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
June 30, 2012

DJI S800 Product Bulletin

Dear Valued DJI Innovations customers:

DJI Innovations has determined that the Electronic Speed Controllers in certain S800 Hexacopters manufactured between May 2012 and June 28 2012 could have higher than expected temperature affecting an unknown number of units. Your confidence in our products is paramount; DJI Innovations is conducting a voluntary program to replace those parts free of charge.

Please email your order details to s800@dji-innovations.com to see if this bulletin applies; we will then issue an RMA number and instructions to send in your parts for repair.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but rest assured we will always do everything in our power to insure your safety and satisfaction.